Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vault Dweller: Age of Decadence needs to sell 45,000 copies to be successful

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Pretty sure everyone knows you're gay for ITS.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I gotta say, I never would've predicted such a sales spike on release for a game like AoD, which had been in Early Access for a lot of time already, to boot. This is fantastic; the last thing that made me this optimistic about teh future of ahrpeegees was the success of D:OS.

I guess the lesson is, never underestimate the game's quality as a sales factor; it may not always work, but often it does, especially when the game finds its niche.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I gotta say, I never would've predicted such a sales spike on release for a game like AoD, which had been in Early Access for a lot of time already, to boot. This is fantastic; the last thing that made me this optimistic about teh future of ahrpeegees was the success of D:OS.

I guess the lesson is, never underestimate the game's quality as a sales factor; it may not always work, but often it does, especially when the game finds its niche.

I'm not sure if it's the "quality" per se or us simply underestimating the amount of word-of-mouth that was out there. Unlike SitS, many sites reported about this release, not to mention the various retweets.

Last edited:

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Congratulations to the team. I'm new here so I'm not biased/hyped, and can tell you the demo feels great, I'll probably buy.

Absinthe

Arcane
I think you're also overlooking the fact that AoD is on the front page of both the GOG and Steam stores.

Durwyn

Prophet
Congrats VD and Team. Don't let this success go into your heads...

Just kidding, free coke and whores for all !

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Vault Dweller I just hope you don't skip out on the dungeon crawler despite getting enough money for the spaceship RPG already!
No skipping. I'll need 6-8 months to flesh out the setting and write a few starting areas (aka preproduction), so we can't start working right away even if we wanted to. The crawler requires very little proproduction so it makes sense to do it first.

himmy

Arcane
I'm not sure if it's the "quality" per se or us simply underestimating the amount of word-of-mouth that was out there.

Sure, but some games are naturally more likely to be "impulse buys". I've been proselytizing SitS on all the small gaming groups I could think of and really trying to sell the whole Transylvania-inspired setting to Romanians, with mixed results. While when I did this with AoD over the last two days, the response was far better.

naossano

Cipher
075012.png

^Before and after.

What should we read from this ?

Weasel
Look at the difference in scale. It resized because the new peak (in the last day) was so much higher. That note for 16 Dec puts it in some perspective.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Also, it's hard to to see the spike at the end because it almost entirely overlaps the border.

covr

Prophet
Patron
What should we read from this ?

I might be wrong, but to me it's like 5-7k copies sold in a one day. Which is a great start.
The first peak was probably like 300-400 copies sold. Yesterday's was like 15 times bigger.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sure, but some games are naturally more likely to be "impulse buys". I've been proselytizing SitS on all the small gaming groups I could think of and really trying to sell the whole Transylvania-inspired setting to Romanians, with mixed results. While when I did this with AoD over the last two days, the response was far better.

Like I said, Ancient Rome RPG is a powerful hook.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I might be wrong, but to me it's like 5-7k copies sold in a one day. Which is a great start.
The first peak was probably like 300-400 copies sold. Yesterday's was like 15 times bigger.
Yeah looks that way to me too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom