Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vault Dweller and the nazification of the Codex

Sol Invictus

Erudite
This isn't about my forums or how I run them. I don't allow for freedom of speech on my forums, and I make that pretty clear in the rules. If you don't follow the rules, you're removed from the forum.

My forums and the RPG Codex are mutually exclusive. This is about the Codex, not my forums.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
C'mon man, just calm down. For one thing you gravedug the thread with a goofy lil' post. Secondly, they didn't delete the entire thread and ban you but they just retardoed it so it will stay preserved in that perfect state for eons to come. Thirdly, a lot of people (okay, one or two) said the thread should be retardoed and VD, being the saintly messiah of the people that he is, did so. He did it for the young and unherd voices, the little man who gets stomped on everyday by the giant corporate slime, the Vietnam vet who got spat on after he gave up his life and sanity to stop the march of the tyranny of communism. This is America, dammit, the home of the free, and land of the brave. Love it or leave it.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Never forget.
icon_salut.gif

NoisyKillerHPB

Scholar
Naked_Lunch said:
C'mon man, just calm down. For one thing you gravedug the thread with a goofy lil' post. Secondly, they didn't delete the entire thread and ban you but they just retardoed it so it will stay preserved in that perfect state for eons to come. Thirdly, a lot of people (okay, one or two) said the thread should be retardoed and VD, being the saintly messiah of the people that he is, did so. He did it for the young and unherd voices, the little man who gets stomped on everyday by the giant corporate slime, the Vietnam vet who got spat on after he gave up his life and sanity to stop the march of the tyranny of communism. This is America, dammit, the home of the free, and land of the brave. Love it or leave it.
*tear

Che

Novice
Hear me now brothers and sisters, for our calls to the leaders of this establishment have went unheard.
The once enjoyed freedoms and rights of the codex have been eroded. The days of carefree storytelling and
opinion sharing are no more. Censorship is upon us and should your voice not be in the interests of our overlords
then silenced you shall be! But remember comrades, although they own the codex, it is we that make it. Therefore,
now is the time to unite, stand together, and take what is rightfully ours!

VIVA LA REVOLUCION

rev17cq.jpg

che2zl.jpg

Hazelnut

Erudite
Sol Invictus said:
Sure I can stop reading, I can also stop coming to an RPG site which has an over abundance of shit eater stories. What you don't understand is that Rex runs two sites, but I doubt he posts that shit there, I wonder why that is?
You're right, I wouldn't post that there because it's not the right place for it.
And the Codex is? Just because you can? Just pause and think about that for a moment please.

Sol Invictus said:
With that said, this sort of shock content has always been a staple of the Codex. Do recall that I posted that thread quite a while back, so it's definitely not a new thread by any means. It was allowed back then, so why not now? What's changed?
Nothing! This is not just about freedom, yet it certainly raises that issue from the knee-jerkers it seems, it's about worthless attention whoring and the sites' policy of filtering retarded shit into a single place. I'm sure many didn't like the thread the first time round, but as you say this place has a free speech policy so it stayed. It wasn't appropriate subject matter for the General Discussion forum of any RPG site, and as I have said before (but you obviously can't read & comprehend due to either a massive persecution complex or incredible stupidity) it was not about censoring, just putting it where it belonged. It should, in my opinion - for what it's worth, have been moved there before now. Instead it has lain forgotten in GD, just for you to come and bump it because you wanted to carry on attention whoring with an OMG shock pissing contest. Because you thought you could.

Sol Invictus said:
This isn't about me. It's about how the site policies are being changed in a drastic fashion due to VD's overzealous moderation. A lot of us come here for the politically incorrect opinions, the freedom of speech, and the shock value. If VD can take away the 'shock' posts, it's only a matter of time before he extends the line by removing all of the politically incorrect immigrant-hating posts if he deems them 'offensive' or 'worthless'.

Get over yourself for fucks sake, of course it's about you. Take a bit of free advice: try listening to what other people are saying for a change. Seriously.

I've yet to see anyone complain about the shocking stuff where it has a point, is amusing or something other than existing just for gratuitous reasons. Yeah, it's an opinion whether something has merit, but I think you'll find many members would agree that the thread was pretty fucking retarded and belonged in RL at the very least. Yet you were still allowed the thread. Most things in society are decided by common opinions and compromise - there are few absolutes when it comes to societies.

Sol Invictus said:
Freedom of speech is all or nothing. You've either the freedom, or you don't.

So, the rest of the Codex comunity doesn't have the freedom to decide that after a year the thread was way overdue for being retardoed? So, all the members who saw it, thought it distasteful and without merit, but accepted that the (in their opinion) irresponsible abuse of freedom came with the territory and moved on silently. We're not allowed the freedom to want that thread banished to RL when you come to bump it for some more giggles and "oooh, look how extreme and shocking I am" a whole FUCKING YEAR LATER? And then you have the audacity to whine about losing freedom simply because you don't agree with a decision? That's so pathetic and self-centred I can hardly believe you're not still a child. You know that, since you're so very proud of your efforts, you could have continued to read it every hour for the rest of your life over there in RL and NO ONE WOULD HAVE STOPPED YOU!

At least NL gets it. @NL: if you really liked the story for real, then fair enough, but maybe you could find somewhere else where you can enjoy that kinda thing with like minded individuals? Worth a try I'd say.

Sol Invictus said:
This is the Codex.

Yes - it is isn't it. A messageboard on the internet run by someone who has decided to run it using a policy of freedom. All of the above text written by you and I is completely irrelevant in this context, as Astro has already stated. He said it very well, so I'll not reiterate - I simply wanted to put you right in the vain hope that you'll listen, and maybe take a long, hard look inside yourself. I didn't bother answering Roqua - he's pretty much just a troll whose recent personality change has been rather amusing, wheras you need a wake up call to reality so bad it must fucking hurt!

Look at it this way: you have the freedom to either grow up or carry on being such a immature little prick. Either wise up or stay a dumbfuck. Your call - I'll say no more on the subject.

(I don't think I can put it any simpler - I thought I was pretty clear before actually, guess I overestimated)

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Indeed, this forum's hands-off approach to moderation makes for some interesting discussions. Blatant idiocy (something I'm strongly opposed to) should, however, not be tolerated. Personally, I do my best to contribute to the upkeep of the Codex I love, but, ach, I find that my attempts are constantly thwarted by Lunch and his ilk.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Sol Invictus said:
Sure I can stop reading, I can also stop coming to an RPG site which has an over abundance of shit eater stories. What you don't understand is that Rex runs two sites, but I doubt he posts that shit there, I wonder why that is?
You're right, I wouldn't post that there because it's not the right place for it.

With that said, this sort of shock content has always been a staple of the Codex. Do recall that I posted that thread quite a while back, so it's definitely not a new thread by any means. It was allowed back then, so why not now? What's changed?

This isn't about me. It's about how the site policies are being changed in a drastic fashion due to VD's overzealous moderation. A lot of us come here for the politically incorrect opinions, the freedom of speech, and the shock value. If VD can take away the 'shock' posts, it's only a matter of time before he extends the line by removing all of the politically incorrect immigrant-hating posts if he deems them 'offensive' or 'worthless'.

This is the Codex.

YOu fucking dug up a "funnah" thread with a baiting post for us to react, of course they are going to lock it. Plus you have a black history here full of drama and 90210, we will treat you like any other newbie troller or something. Also, VD hates you. Theres no written law around here its up to the judgement of the mod, kinda like your site and IRC channel. You guys talk about warez and its all fine and dandy, but when I do it I get kicked or banned. God forbid if you don't agree with my arguements or I will get kicked.

The sandal picture represents Exitium because he likes to change his mind drastically hence he is a "flip-flop." Kinda like Flip flop sandals.

Seven

Erudite
Sol Invictus said:

When has the Codex been about shock? In the past, the regulars enforced a strict code, where we’d flame the fuck out of spammers, but quite frankly after a while it gets frustrating to the point where people will leave because they don’t have the energy to flame fucktards into leaving. This is where moderation helps.

A lot of us come here for the politically incorrect opinions, the freedom of speech, and the shock value.

I fail to see the inherant politics about a story of a shit eater, maybe you could enlighten me.

Bullshit.

This is the Codex.

Wrong, the Codex was a really cool place where a bunch of cool guys would get together to discuss past and future RPGs with Pooperscooper popping in with the occasional abusive comment to devs.

This place is a place where jackasses seem to think that they have the right to do whatever they want.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Fuck Sol, I hate the gooker. Hitler would've killed you, so stop emulating him! Fucking slanty eyed yellow ladyboy whom I've fucked in the ass till you bled. Also, I've never been banned, and had only one post moved. ONE! With all my shit, I'd have been arrested long ago in any other world. But the Codexjust shows how far you can go, so long as your not a gook. Also, VD may have moved a post, but unlike you Rex, he never deleted a fucking page because someone made fun of Rex with a ne\o free rides pic. You slimygook cocksucker. I fucking hate you. Also, you gave me the clap.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Astromarine said:
I'm a big gay who hates things I disagree with.

You shouldn’t rant. You don’t do it well. Its kind of like my grandmother trying to swear and be mean, you are just too sissy to come off as a non-whinny bitch.

blowhardbitchnobody said:
I didn't bother answering Roqua - he's pretty much just a troll whose recent personality change has been rather amusing, wheras you need a wake up call to reality so bad it must fucking hurt!

You didn’t answer me? I asked you a question? I barley even know you exist. I skip over your overly long gibberish as anyone normal would. I saw you type my name because I searched for the Afterfall post and wondered why some blowhard, longwinded, shitfuck would ever dare to utter my glorious name. From now on out you are not allowed to use my name or posts in any posts I do. You, lady, should be expelled from this site along with your interminable humdrum. Go build up your post count at a website that hates freedom.

To you other ladies, I figured out this site isn’t a country and doesn’t have a government since I tried to get a visa to visit it and I got laughed at for that very reason. My posts were to drum up SP’s true American blood. Live free or die, bitches.

To you small minded, high-post count troll whores, let me repost:

"Too many people are only willing to defend rights that are personally important to them. It's selfish ignorance, and it's exactly why totalitarian governments are able to get away with trampling on people. Freedom does not mean freedom just for the things *I* think I should be able to do. Freedom is for all of us. If people will not speak up for other's people's rights, there will come a day when they will lose their own." - Tony Lawrence

Whenever 'A' attempts by law to impose his moral standards upon 'B', 'A' is most likely a scoundrel.
-- H. L. Mencken

You fucking scoundrel bitches

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
No, Massachusetts. The Spirit of America. Brockton, City of Champions. Ex-shoe capital of the world.

I like your quote, I'm taking it for my collection.

Seven

Erudite
"Too many people are only willing to defend rights that are personally important to them. It's selfish ignorance, and it's exactly why totalitarian governments are able to get away with trampling on people. Freedom does not mean freedom just for the things *I* think I should be able to do. Freedom is for all of us. If people will not speak up for other's people's rights, there will come a day when they will lose their own." - Tony Lawrence

Yeah, because the battle for freedom resides here at the RPG Codex and we're on the Vanguard.

What you suggest is incredibly egotistical and just plain stupid - I don't give a shit what you do at your house, but at my house you'd best behave. So, if you don't like it here then go start you OWN fucking forum where any one can do any thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom