Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

VD's sekret projekt - the first screen evar!

Fez

Erudite
The perspective looks a bit odd to me. I don't know why.

The visuals are pretty stark, but they aren't as bad as I thought they might be from all the arguments.

I can recognize a few elements from other RPGs there.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Not much to say really. I like the graphics. At first the dialogue window annoyed me but it doesn't bother me so much anymore since it's easy to read. Are you finished with your inventory system? I think I would be interested in seeing how that turned out.

Fez

Erudite
After looking at it for a bit, I think I could get used to it.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Sarkile said:
At first the dialogue window annoyed me but it doesn't bother me so much anymore since it's easy to read.
Can you be more specific? What didn't you like at first?

Are you finished with your inventory system?
For now. Currently, we have a Fallout-like scrolling system, but since some people complained about scrolling, we are playing with other systems now.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I'm not really sure if it's the size of the window or the background color, something just didn't feel right about it.

Fez

Erudite
Was the dialogue window supposed to look like marble?

The grass looks like it's a rug that's been layed down on sand.

(reading this over it sounds like I'm just trying to be mean, but it does look a bit odd to me, and you did ask :P)

I do like the weapon's pictures and the icons. I'm not sure about the interface background.

bgillisp

Scholar
Hey, I think for the number of people he probably has working on this, they are not bad at all. How many people do you have on this project VD?

DarkSign

Erudite
Things I like:
a) the layout of the information/icons
b) the multiple response styles

Some changes IMHO:
a) the border should be changed from the terrible leopard print
b) where the gold status says "Gold:225" this should be in either a bolded, or differently colored font and perhaps have a gold icon beside it so as not to blend in with the text.
c) fez is right about the grass, even if its tiled it could be tiled at the same angle as the iso view not true verticle.

Congratulations on your success!! Cant wait to hear more.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I reckon its shaping up okay. Perhaps play around a little with the aesthetics side of things to see what people find the most attractive.
A "marble" motif throughout the interface is not inherently bad, as long as it is carried through far enough that it doesn't look patchy, and it suits the milieu.

Hopefully the finished shebang will give Mr Vogel a run for his money.

When do we get to play a demo? :lol: :wink:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
bgillisp said:
Hey, I think for the number of people he probably has working on this, they are not bad at all. How many people do you have on this project VD?
4-people team

DarkSign said:
Some changes IMHO:
a) the border should be changed from the terrible leopard print
b) where the gold status says "Gold:225" this should be in either a bolded, or differently colored font and perhaps have a gold icon beside it so as not to blend in with the text.
c) fez is right about the grass, even if its tiled it could be tiled at the same angle as the iso view not true verticle.
Thanks for the feedback. Good points.

Shagnak said:
I reckon its shaping up okay. Perhaps play around a little with the aesthetics side of things to see what people find the most attractive.
That's why I posted the screen. The overall look is far from being finished, it's more of a direction we are going into.

When do we get to play a demo?
September-October

Role-Player said:
So far so good.
Thanks

Major_Blackheart said:
Way to go VD. I'll get it if all the dialogue is like this. I like it, and the graphics are better than I thought.
The dialogues are much better than that. They are the game's strongest feature, imo. Thanks for your support, Major.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The interface is a bit bright for my personal taste, especially the background. The icon graphics are very neat, however.

What disturbed me most was the lacking transistion from the walls to the ground. Same with the trees and really, and also the grass. It could all look less clean and homogenous. Not too bad, could just be better.

keeks

Novice
The dialogue looks exceptional and the game doesn't look bad at all graphically.

I'll have to second DarkSign's suggestion to change the border. It has to go, sistah! *floppy wrist hand motion*

Spazmo

Erudite
I've already bitched at you about this game enough, but...

I really like the art on the various icons, particularly the sword and crossbow in the active item slots. I agree with DarkSign, though, that the marbling effect on the window borders isn't so great. Another suggestion for dialog: have a button to review what's already been said (like in you-know-what).

Also, like Fez, I find the perspective a bit odd. Either the camera is too close or the line of sight forms a too acute angle with the ground (as in, rotate the camera upwards).

Looking good in general. Keep up the good work!

keeks

Novice
Spazmo said:
Also, like Fez, I find the perspective a bit odd. Either the camera is too close or the line of sight forms a too acute angle with the ground (as in, rotate the camera upwards).

I'd like to see the camera rotated upward too (but it's probably out of the question since the game looks pretty far along).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Graphics aren't gonna win any rewards; but the dialogue options/skill checks would. And, please, no scrolling inventory. That is horrid. Let's not bring one of the things that FO did horribly wrong into the 21st century. It's bad enough KOTOR decided to.

Anyways, more seriously about the graphics, they arne't too bad. At least they don't make me wnat to puke like the disgusting, overrated MW graphics.

So, can I pick this game up for 49.99 in October in my local EB? I hope so.

P.S. Add dwarves, and this has a chance for Best Game Ever tm.

Stark

Liturgist
Hey VD,

it looks good. it's something that i'll want to play if gameplay is good.

the dialog options are impressive. I only hope it's true for the rest of the game and not a single instance. The interface looks alright, but taking quite abit of space on the screen. is there a way to auto-hide it?

you might want to post a screen without the dialog box blocking stuff. that way it'll allow us to make more valid comments about the graphics.

Sarvis

Erudite
Looks ok, take one lesson from Bioware though: Make it so you can press 1-9 to select a dialog option.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Probably more like $20.00 through VD's online whatsit, but you're free to pay $50 anyhow."

I'd gladly pay $50 if it was found in stores. On line shopping is evil. That's serious too as I haven't even bothered to buy the NWN premium mods and they're only $5.

VD, seriosuly, beat up the publishers, and get the game in stores.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom