Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry - open world pirate action-RPG from Two Worlds developer

Morkar Left

I always think it's a shame that promising titles end up badly mostly because there's not enough funding to develop it long enough.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Their modern games (Two Worlds and especially - Raven Cry) sucked many dicks, yet TW might have some cool elements (whacking mobs or looting or crafting) but their older stuff were better, including Earth 21xx (Moon Project was noice).

pippin

Earth games are good, it's a shame most people think of it as the "red bull game".
On topic: what will happen with RP's shitty drm?

Perkel

Arcane
including Earth 21xx (Moon Project was noice).

It is a shame that 2160 happened. Spend shit ton of time playing 2140 with expansions and then spend even more time playing mostly ED in 2150.

I think 2150 is one of the best RTS games i have ever played. It took Warzone2100/Homeworld idea of starting with resources and units from previous mission, upgraded that with much more robust unit research and creation system + experience and then it featured 3 distinct factions + goal that wasn't end all mission but gather resources and send them on orbit.

2160 basically went full backward on Earth core design and stripped away everything that was fun.

Beside Warzone 2100 and Battle Isle Andosia War i don't remember any other RTS that had as good base management as 2150.

Dat heavy laser towers !

edit:

Also loved their take on damage systems. Plasma, temp and normal damage. It made player to create squads that did one thing good but lacked in other thus you had to for example set up squads with proper AA defense because your laser tanks wouldn't do shit against them or you could build simply tanks that had overall lower power but each had AA gun in case of air assault.

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

:Flash:

Arcane
Meh, a liczyłem na Two Worlds III... Nie ukrywam, że jest to jakieś wielkie zaskoczenie, bo po ultra słabym Raven's Cry należało się tego spodziewać. Za dużo było kombinowania. Studio zamiast rozpocząć pracę na Two Worlds III po sporym sukcesie "dwójki" to zaczęło się strasznie motać. Ok, dodatek do Two Worlds II był jeszcze do zaakceptowania, tym bardziej, że pod względem historii jest to najlepszy TW. Ale późniejsze projekty... Sacrilegium prezentowało się ciekawie, ale zostało zawieszone, Iron Sky to bardzo średnia gierka, choć mogła dać chłopakom odpocząć po klimatach fantasy.Wtedy nadeszły kluczowe wydarzenia dla Reality Pump: odejście Mirosława Dymka, który zajął się tworzeniem gier na smarfony i tablety, a nieco później otwarcie krakowskiego oddziału CD Projekt RED do którego odeszła większość załogi. Myślę, że po tym wszystkim nawet gdyby zaczęto tworzyć Two Worldsa III nic by z tego nie wyszło.
Interesting.
Translato di potato, s.v.p.?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
TopWare denies that Reality Pump is bankrupt / will be closed.

VG247 said:
Update: Following this morning’s report, TopWare replied to our queries to reassure us that Reality Pump has not, in fact, been closed. According to a representative, Reality Pump is divided into multiple business units, and just one of these has applied for the local equivalent of chapter 11. This has been widely misinterpreted as the entire studio closing.

“We see this more as a restructuring as it happens from time to time,” TopWare told us.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/08/ravens-cry-two-worlds-developer-reality-pump-shuttered-report/

Looks like someone is trying to get rid of some debt.

There's still "hope" for Sacrilegium then.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't feel bad when bad developers go out of business. Their games have been, at best, mediocre and even that is being charitable.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Two Worlds 2 wasn't better than Skyrim. Not saying Skyrim was great but TW2 is vastly overrated here for some reason. It was shittier than Oblivion.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Two Worlds 2 wasn't better than Skyrim. Not saying Skyrim was great but TW2 is vastly overrated here for some reason. It was shittier than Oblivion.

I'm not completely sure about this, but TW2 was certainly shit. Not in the broken way but it was just so banal, generic, boring and unappealing. Crafting and spell systems were pretty good but nothing else in the game was.

m_s0

Arcane
Meh, a liczyłem na Two Worlds III... Nie ukrywam, że jest to jakieś wielkie zaskoczenie, bo po ultra słabym Raven's Cry należało się tego spodziewać. Za dużo było kombinowania. Studio zamiast rozpocząć pracę na Two Worlds III po sporym sukcesie "dwójki" to zaczęło się strasznie motać. Ok, dodatek do Two Worlds II był jeszcze do zaakceptowania, tym bardziej, że pod względem historii jest to najlepszy TW. Ale późniejsze projekty... Sacrilegium prezentowało się ciekawie, ale zostało zawieszone, Iron Sky to bardzo średnia gierka, choć mogła dać chłopakom odpocząć po klimatach fantasy.Wtedy nadeszły kluczowe wydarzenia dla Reality Pump: odejście Mirosława Dymka, który zajął się tworzeniem gier na smarfony i tablety, a nieco później otwarcie krakowskiego oddziału CD Projekt RED do którego odeszła większość załogi. Myślę, że po tym wszystkim nawet gdyby zaczęto tworzyć Two Worldsa III nic by z tego nie wyszło.
Interesting.
Translato di potato, s.v.p.?
First Dymek left to make smartphone garbage, then most of the talent/veterans left for a new CDPR studio in Kraków, so nothing could really save Reality Pump at this point - not 'even' a Two Worlds III.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This game summed up in one image:

4VREdeK.gif

Good LP of this trainwreck: http://mendrinkincoffee.com/2015/04/ravens-cry-episode-1-dreadful-pirates/

FUDU

Arcane
I heard it will be out shortly after the golden babies fly. Can't wait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom