Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Very disappointed with Divinity: Original Sin

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Multiplayer was as pronounced at EE as before, nothing new was added for it.
I'm referring to 2 going balls deep with its marketing campaign and wasteful additions catered to multiplayer for the casual social crowd.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
so TB party rpg with influence-able environments (both in and out of combat) and ultima style world interactivity and some neat puzzles.

Was an sip of incline after years of Akshun Popamole Shit.

Codex Reaction?

MUH WRITING!!!111!!11
I think retards like you who think something is good because it's TB need to be shot, truthfully, frankly, honestly.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am giving this game another chance, the last one: if I can't finish it now, I am gonna admit that it's not for me and move on with my life.

After 30 minutes of playing I am already annoyed by the unnecessary voice over. I hate it, I feel like every single voice is mocking itself and the entire game. They all are in this stupid tone that makes every line seem like a ridiculous joke. It's worse than Deadfire, with Pallegina that wasn't able to blow her fucking nose.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
After 30 minutes of playing I am already annoyed by the unnecessary voice over. I hate it, I feel like every single voice is mocking itself and the entire game. They all are in this stupid tone that makes every line seem like a ridiculous joke. It's worse than Deadfire, with Pallegina that wasn't able to blow her fucking nose.

Play Classic, it's better.

Falksi

Arcane
I am giving this game another chance, the last one: if I can't finish it now, I am gonna admit that it's not for me and move on with my life.

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

wahrk

Learned
Couch co-op is the only reason I lasted through D:OS. It’s fun enough to play with your girlfriend or whatever. Everything about the setting and plot is painfully retarded though. Larian can’t seem to resist trying to make everything comedic, like a friend that is impossible to hold a serious conversation with because they won’t stop speaking in some dumb character voice. I can usually ignore story if the gameplay is fun enough, but this obnoxious, trying-way-too-hard-to-be-funny schtick is so grating that it almost ruins the entire experience.

Saxon1974

Prophet
What I think I dislike most about the DOS 1 & 2 is how they are broken up into "Acts" where you can't freely explore the world but only the map for the act your currently in. Also don't like how there are corridors even in the wilderness. I also find the Camera a pain as it's too zoomed down where I had to use a mod to see better but still find the camera a pain.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is what you get for not playing classic.
I don't think the two versions can differ enough to make any difference to me. I have never played a single campaign more than 10 hours, but in those 10 hours I haven't any sensible difference between original and EE. I am not bothered by balance issues in a system that I don't understand yet, so I don't understand what playing the original can do for me

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't think the two versions can differ enough to make any difference to me. I have never played a single campaign more than 10 hours, but in those 10 hours I haven't any sensible difference between original and EE. I am not bothered by balance issues in a system that I don't understand yet, so I don't understand what playing the original can do for me
Seeing as voice acting is the only specific complaint you've made about the game, which playing Classic would in fact solve, I'm not sure what you're expecting here.

Jackpot

Learned
DOS felt like a game you kind of had to play with friends to enjoy.
The tone and mechanics seemed to favor just fucking around with other people.
DOS2 was a little bit better about this, definitely felt like more thought went into people playing solo. It still felt like it would have been a much better experience with multiplayer, though.

passerby

Arcane
This is what you get for not playing classic.

EE supposedly has one more difficulty level, improved enemy AI and combat encounters redesigned to be more challenging. Doesn't it outweight whatever unnecessary stuff they did to content and gameplay rules ?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
EE supposedly has one more difficulty level, improved enemy AI and combat encounters redesigned to be more challenging. Doesn't it outweight whatever unnecessary stuff they did to content and gameplay rules ?

No, because the features they added for your characters' benefit allegedly result in an even easier game.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I completed DoS1 and enjoyed it, some of the big battles were pretty satisfying. But I tried playing it again years later with the EE version and it bored me severely. Not sure if it was because I had already played it before or if it was because the EE version sucks, but I suspect both. I hoped DoS2 might have expanded on the combat system but it made it worse. That game was a huge let down for me. I had to rush off and play TOEE to get rid of the bad taste.

Q

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2
With my second playthrough (on DefEd that time) I installed "Epic Encounters" mod and can surely recommend it. Combat become much more challenging, unforgivable and fun at that.
Still main focus of battles was to get shit controlled. So I even welcomed anticontrol armor in DOS2 for a change.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
EE supposedly has one more difficulty level, improved enemy AI and combat encounters redesigned to be more challenging.

Negative. Point 1 may be true in theory, but it isn't in practice, because points 2 and 3 are completely wrong. They made the AI in the EE significantly dumber compared to classic, even when played on tactician. As for redesigned combat encounters, while it's true they added some additional munsters here and there, they also happened to nerf the munster stats across the board, and then there's the dumber AI, so instead of being more challenging, they've been made pathetically easy in almost all cases. Seriously, just compare the original final boss to the one in the EE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom