Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Video Game Awards AKA the Dorito Pope Show 2015

vonAchdorf

Arcane
This year's nominees for the dorito awards.

Did they have the "Games for Change" category last year?

http://thegameawards.com/nominees/

Last edited:

pippin

Games for change: Games that don't do anything new and/or interesting, but look different than AAA games, so I guess that's some sort of added value?
The "open to the public" categories are laughable, to say the least.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
CD Projekt really hit the big time. Rolling in zloty.

Ivan

Arcane
Best Music:
Fallout 4
Halo 5
MGS 5
Undertale omitted
130.gif

Renegen

Arcane
TRENDING GAMER
Christopher-MonteCristo-Mykles.jpg

Christopher “MonteCristo” Mykles

Greg-Miller.jpg

Greg Miller

markiplier.jpg

Markiplier

PewDiePie1.jpg

PewDiePie

Total-Biscuit.jpg

TotalBiscuit
:0-13:

(also, Sunset, the shitty SJW interactive story that caused the developers to insults everyone and exit the industry it failed so hard is nominated, nice great credibility)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Was there any free game gifted for votes?
Wait a second, TB didn't died from butthurt cancer some time ago?

nil

Cipher
How much of an asshole do you have to be to call your game awards show The Game Awards?

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
All the nominee lists are full of shit, not that I would expect anything better from the Hall of the Mountain Dew. But why is Fallout 4 in the RPG category?

Oesophagus

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity is the only game in any category there that I've played.

I've also noticed that there's no strategy game category, which I guess is indicative of thingies and stuffs

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
This is laughably bad. Some of these games haven't even been out for a month, and still get nominated.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's really funny that Geoff out-shilled most of the SJW journ'lol'ists so blatantly. They are doing it for scraps, while he realized that there is so much more money in it.

Make an award show in L.A., stuff your advisory board with well respected and totally independent industry leaders:

CtGhOjy.jpg
VKCAPyf.jpg

and watch the monies roll in. No need to try to hide the shilling, just do it out in the open and everyone is ok with it because everyone knows that's how the industry and gaming press work anyway.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I wonder what scraps they'll throw CDPR's way considering chances they'll "win" anything that really matters are slim at best. It does feel great to see Witcher 3 in so many categories, though.

Games for change

:|

pippin

Zenimax probably already bought the GOTY award at least. But it's kinda surprising they only got 3 nominations...

Deleted member 7219

I thought Geoff Keighley had been laughed out of the industry after Doritogate.

I guess nobody minds having someone like him as the premier games 'journalist'.

I dislike Jim Sterling for his SJW bullshit but at least the man has integrity and knows what the fuck he is talking about. Let him host the awards.

buzz

Arcane
ITT People surprised nothing changed in the shilling industry that is gaming journalism after they bitched about feminists for an entire year

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vote for totalbiscuit. We need more sjw butthurt! Just voted with my twitter account, do your part! He's 8% behind whoever the fuck Greg Miller is.

Imagine the neogaf thread if totalbiscuit wins again!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Voted PoE for best RPG. Wanted to vote Witcher 3, but fuck huge open world games!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom