Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vigilantes: neo-noir, turn based tactical RPG

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I see. Well, don't worry too much about it. Like I said, I'm kinda of a martial arts fag so I'm probably being overly critical about it.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
I see. Well, don't worry too much about it. Like I said, I'm kinda of a martial arts fag so I'm probably being overly critical about it.

It's actually the third or fourth time its come up, and it's occurred to me quite a few times, so I will at least have a look at it, and figure out if anything can be done without committing a large amount of time to solve. Suspect it won't take a lot of work.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Bruce Lee Thugs....? Hmm...have we ever had a TBS game based on cheesy awesome 80s chinese martial arts flicks? That'd be great!

Something for Timeslip Softworks to consider after the success of Vigilantes? :3

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Bruce Lee Thugs....? Hmm...have we ever had a TBS game based on cheesy awesome 80s chinese martial arts flicks? That'd be great!

Something for Timeslip Softworks to consider after the success of Vigilantes? :3
Sounds like a venerable project : )

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Lol I love Kung Fu, shame that game didn't turn out better! By the way if you guys like good fighting and don't mind playing something older, try Panza Kickboxing! One of best fighting game I ever played. It was also released on SNES with a few slightly improvements but otherwise identical, as Best of the Best. You get to choose from a big library of moves and assign them to each of your attacks. And the control method was cool too, it meant you could have 14 moves with just one button and direction controls. I am amazed it hasn't been copied since.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
First day wearing the developer hat in several weeks. Added 5 new weapons, and tutorials can now be disabled :)

IXPaq9o.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dangerous to mention InXile as the good guys on Codex :P

(Codex was not invited to an interview at an convention. Codex was not tier 1 game journalism. This sparked some resentment)

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
You didn't have to remove your post man, now I look stupid. It was a joke.

Ha, that isn't why I removed it. It was for the other comment. I'd been working for 13 hours, and didn't really trust my judgement being that tired. Have replaced the post!

Got a shoutout on the Wasteland 3 Figstarter, and it's already paying dividends:

a1GnBzp.png

I knew that guy in the video looked shifty...

On a serious note, it was very good of inXile to give us a mention. It's been a massive help to the campaign. Really good of them to help out the little guy.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
You could have a stretchgoal that adds nVidia Hairworks, and a full mining and crafting system, and also working farms, and motion captured animations. These are the things that matter to gamers.

p.s. I forgot voice acting and music by Jeremy Soule.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You could have a stretchgoal that adds nVidia Hairworks, and a full mining and crafting system, and also working farms, and motion captured animations. These are the things that matter to gamers.

p.s. I forgot voice acting and music by Jeremy Soule.
Nah, but MCA stretch goal would work fine :)

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
less than $250 and 17 days away

any plan on stretch goals?

We've just crossed the line : ) Thanks a lot to everyone for your support and encouragement along the way.

For stretch goals, we are mostly focusing on content - for the most part, we are hesitant to put new mechanics in as stretch goals. From a technical standpoint, we can likely tackle most of the feature suggestions we've received. We aren't going to be able to do implement every suggestion, but we're going to do as much as we can on this front anyway. Without an extremely high degree of certainty, we don't want to make promises we may not be able to keep. In any case, content: more combat areas, more environment types, more perks, seems to us to bring the best value to the game.

The first stretch goal unlocks at €6,600 - this will add 10 extra combat areas (45 minimum) and 1-2 new environment types.
The next stretch goal unlocks at €7,000 - this will add 10 character perks to the game (I think we've committed to 40 + any perks from the perk tier before this stretch goal)

daveyd

Savant
The first stretch goal unlocks at €6,600 - this will add 10 extra combat areas (45 minimum) and 1-2 new environment types.
The next stretch goal unlocks at €7,000 - this will add 10 character perks to the game (I think we've committed to 40 + any perks from the perk tier before this stretch goal)

Could you elaborate on what exactly is meant by environment types? Specifically, how will this affect gameplay?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thank you for being the only kickstarter ever to name an original planned amount before hyping even more as a stretch goal.

("We'll add 2 more companions!" "Great, how the fuck many were there in the first place?")

daveyd

Savant
Thank you for being the only kickstarter ever to name an original planned amount before hyping even more as a stretch goal.

("We'll add 2 more companions!" "Great, how the fuck many were there in the first place?")

IIRC HBS clearly stated how many companions would be in SR:HK. But yeah, in the vast majority of Kickstarter games you're absolutely correct. It's a nice fail-safe for the developers (as long as they have at least X+Y they technically didn't lie / overpromise).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom