Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vigilantes: neo-noir, turn based tactical RPG

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Could you elaborate on what exactly is meant by environment types? Specifically, how will this affect gameplay?

Of course. In the demo, there are a few environment types: downtown, slum, china town, inner city park and apartment interior. This stretch goal isn't going to substantially change the gameplay, but if these are the only environments in the game, it's going to become visually monotonous. This is why we chose this as the first stretch - we could perhaps add a woodland on the outskirts of the city, or an industrial sector to add more visual variety.

Thank you for being the only kickstarter ever to name an original planned amount before hyping even more as a stretch goal.

("We'll add 2 more companions!" "Great, how the fuck many were there in the first place?")
Thanks! I notice I haven't added this detail on the actual KS, but I will update it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
In case you haven't seen it in the update, here's the voiced Cuda character intro video. Hope you enjoy!

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Got a shoutout on the Wasteland 3 Figstarter, and it's already paying dividends:

a1GnBzp.png

Lol, needs moar CryEngine.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
HNnnggg!
Still 40€ to go until first stretch goal is reached.

I've been playing the demo.
I like the way how melee weapon attacks are incorporated into those movie kung-fu move sets.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Good news - we've just crossed the line on the first stretch goal!

Glad you are enjoying the demo - timing all those animations took something like 2 weeks - feels like it was worth it though!

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Hi again. Drawing into the final two days of the campaign. We've hit the second stretch goal, which will allow us to add 10 more perks to Vigilantes. The third stretch goal will allow for 10 additional combat areas (55 minimum) and 1-2 new environment types, and it's just 1,500 away. We're hoping that reports of the amount of interest in the last 2 days is not greatly exaggerated : )

Here's the link incase you'd like to check the Vigilantes Kickstarter out, and here's a link for the demo.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Any chance Infinitron might consider a news article for the beginning of the end of the Vigilantes' Kickstarter? : )

Last edited:

Aenra

He needs someone to gouge out his eyes first, then preferably bash his head over his own keyboard. You know, for good measure.
It won't facilitate a speedier news post of your game, but i can assure you it will facilitate our having a better front page. Considering he has no life/he's online almost the whole day every day, it's kinda pathetic we need have people like Roqua informing us of new RPGs. In posts made -not- in the news page..

But then again, i'm just a racist. Nice, open minded people, in touch with their feelings and fully behind humanity's need for equality surely know better when all they do is selectively copy-pasting articles. Emphasis on selectively. You know, like saying subjectively? With a personal bias?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did my duty :salute:
Consider my previous suggestion of "static" enemies that you can fight multiple times/ they can level up etc

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Thank you Jimmious!

Yep, I will prototype it at least, and see how it works. A fair bit of the groundwork is already in place, so it's worth working on. It's unlikely to be in the next few updates, as I need to re-integrate and polish the city map & surveillance (nothing like working on code you haven't looked at in 6 months!), and bulk up the content.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
In case you haven't seen this in the KS update, here's the character intro video for Doc.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Hey all,

Been a bit hectic delivering rewards and getting back to development, but we raised €7,443 on Kickstarter. At this point, all rewards, with exception of story & perk have been delivered, and I'm knee deep in development again ( just finishing up for the day now). Thanks for all the support, both moral and financial, throughout the fairly grueling experience of a Kickstarter. We won't disappoint your confidence.

Development is going fairly well, given that I didn't get to do much coding for around 11 weeks, and most of the code I'm working (for city map and surveillance) was written over 6 months ago and not looked at since. At this point, have been developing for less than 2 weeks, and hope to have released version 11 in less than 3 weeks. Here's a rundown of the more significant changes so far:

Content
  • Added 5 new weapons
  • Added 2 new maps
  • Added a new perk, Defuser, which allows a character a % chance to catch and defuse a grenade mid air. (Sponsored and designed by Nathan Frisson)
  • Added a new perk, Dim Mak, which allows a character a % chance to paralyze and opponent with a successful unarmed attack. (Sponsored and designed by Chris Bolin)
Features
  • Re-integrated city map and surveillance. This part of the game is going to be a little basic for the next few updates, but it will get there!
  • Re-integrated rest function, which allows you to restore max hp over time. Also tweaked the amount of damage received which is converted to max hp damage
  • Re-integrated time, and day/night cycle
  • Re-integrated and improved debriefings for surveillance ops and tactical missions
  • Re-integrated basic team management - this will allow you to select which allies to bring on a mission
  • Added damage and HP bonuses to criminals based in tiles with high danger level
Fixes
  • Fixed hotkey for end turn ending multiple turns.
  • Fixed an AI issue causing a crash under certain circumstances when low HP enemies are distracted
  • Fixed leader not receiving leadership bonus.
  • Fixed incorrect number of hotloaded shotgun and large caliber rounds being created through crafting.
  • Fixed a number of text errors.
  • Fixed no surveillance or bypass XP from post mission looting.
  • User can no longer start game without spending all stat and skill points.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
You didn't get a key for Vigilantes? For now, I just sent out links to the packages on humble (there are no Steam keys yet) which have the standalone downloads. If you haven't received one of these, please send me a quick msg on Kickstarter and I'll take care of it.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Nevermind, I found you. Sorry about that - you'll have the link to redeem your game in a few minutes.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You didn't get a key for Vigilantes? For now, I just sent out links to the packages on humble (there are no Steam keys yet) which have the standalone downloads. If you haven't received one of these, please send me a quick msg on Kickstarter and I'll take care of it.
I don't want to bother with standalone installers, when is this game coming on Steam or Gog and do we get a key for that as well?

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
No eta on a Steam release as of yet. It is Greenlit, but it's too early to go on Steam. A Steam key is included in the kickstarter rewards.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Vigilantes has a fair bit in common with the older Jagged Alliance games. Here's the trailer in case you haven't seen it:

It's about 65% complete, mostly down to content and balancing at this point. There's a demo here in case you'd like to try it out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom