Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Viktor, a steampunk adventure where you save Austria-Hungary

Don Peste

Arcane
Out tomorrow. The trailer is... kinda funny?

• Point and click puzzles - Relax and explore Viktor's world by interacting with objects and people.
  • Multiple ways to solve puzzles - There are many puzzles in this game that can be solved in a different out-of-the-box way of thinking. Makes for great replayability!
  • Occasional fun mini-game - Just to test your reflexes, Viktor will sometimes get involved in a short and silly action or puzzle sequence.
  • The silliest psychological drama you will ever play - Viktor has anger issues and unrealistic expectations. Luckily, he lives in a cartoon world where he can accomplish anything or, at least, learn from his mistakes.
  • Historical locations - Visit and cause havoc in many historically important places like Vienna, Krakow, Prague, Budapest, Dante's Inferno, and a few more.
  • Many important people of the last century - Apart from some silly characters, Viktor will encounter many famous figures, such as Franz Kafka, H.G. Wells, Nikola Tesla, Lake Kubilius, Dr. Jekyll and many, many more.
  • Collect the soundtrack - All over the country, Viktor can find parts of the game's soundtrack. Play your favorite music on any location, if you're vigilant enough to find the gramophone record.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
But why would anyone want to do that?
He's really upset because he lost his job basically and his dicussion with his former boss quickly gets to his will to overthrow the emperor.

I finished the game. The game is short, but not ridiculously short.

The gameplay is meh (the best parts are ok but the locations are very small, generally 1 or 2 screens, so there's no place for a real long puzzle sequence).
One good point though, I'm almost certain there are alternative solutions to problems, because in the second? sequence I almost didn't satisfy any NPC request and just solved a not-so-easy minigame which made me totally skip the sequence, or so I guess.

That said I don't regret playing the game because I enjoyed the humour, so it's subjective.
There are long non sensical dialogs, some cartoon childish humour and sweardwords and poop jokes too, so many persons will, legitimaly, think it's just plain stupid ; there's no voice acting, instead characters speak with "blablabla" "badabada" with stupid voices/accents, something I've always liked. The story is fun overall, the funny tone is kept until the very end.

In short if you you're looking for a challenging adventure game you'd better pass your way, but if you dig the humour of the game and don't care about playing a simple game then you may probably play it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Picked it up on sale for 20 potato dollars. Funny and fun overall but a lot of wasted potential to be sure.

- The "austria-hungary" shtick is very meh, it coulda been nearly any other place or time.
- Too many minigames, especially the clunky fist fighting.
- A bit too randumb at times.
- Starts better than it ends.

Money well spent though.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
a wild boar who tries to cope with the loss of his job by going on a quest to become a new Emperor of Austria-Hungary
As a Hungarian, I approve (and will play this).

Probably worth 1.45 AUD (it's on sale now).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom