Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

VOLUNTEERING

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
you make FUN OF TIAX GAIUS?

GAIUS WILL RULE SOME DAY!

I urge you stop and consider that what you're getting is just normal for you see it's in your name.

"Extraordinarily brave and physically overwhelming he was the ideal soldier. Though the historians were clearly right in their opinion that Maximinus lacked what it needed to be an emperor."

"As a military leader Maximinus was an outstanding man, but as a ruler of empire his methods were coarse and short-sighted. To fund his campaigns he confiscated and extorted funds from the property owning classes. He even raided the funds for the poor (alimenta) and tampered with the corn dole in desperate measures to pay for his military expeditions.
This in turn made sure that Maximinus, though highly successful in battle, became deeply unpopular among all his subjects."

"The governor of Africa, Marcus Antonius Gordianus Sempronianus, together with his son had been hailed emperors at Carthage. Maximinus quickly set about preparing his troops and marched on Italy. But as he was on the way the revolt of the Gordians, lasting only 22 days, was already put down by the governor of Numidia, Capellianus."

"And so Maximus continued on, seeking to win his throne back. Commanding the powerful Danubian legions, the odds seemed in his favour. But as Maximinus reached Emona in northern Italy he found it deserted. The entire town had been evacuated by his opponents. There was no food. All had been destroyed.
The troops' morale sunk drastically. Nonetheless he continued on to the city of Aquileia. But there he found the city gates closed. Despite his offers of rewards and amnesties, Maximinus was refused entry. Enraged he sought to take the city by storm, but his attack was repulsed and his troops suffered heavy losses.
Maximinus now found himself in desperate straits. With no food for his troops, he could go no further.And so he resolved to besiege Aquileia. He might have succeeded, were it not for the severe discipline he demanded of his men. With morale low and a severe lack of food, he pushed matters too far by treating his officers and troops to harshly at this time of crisis.

On 10 May AD 238 some of the troops, most of all those whose families were in territory held by the enemy(the Praetorians and the Legio II 'Parthica'), rose in revolt and killed Maximinus and his son Maximus.

Their heads were severed and carried to Rome by a group of cavalrymen."

TL;DR even if you get to be an emperor you'll still get killed by your own soldiers.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
no. its ok. we love a tragedy in here. don't we ?
*takes out a bloodied toothbrush*

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Well. better than be cuck though. Cause I hear those Augusta really get around~

Are you talking about the Julius-Claudius dynasty and the fact that most of their heirs were adopted?
I don't see that as being cucks to be honest, maybe Claudius was a bit but you have to keep in mind that the amount of civil wars at the time because of succession were astonishing, way before the shitstorm that would eventually lead to the collapse of the Empire thanks to Alexander Severus being a jackass and getting killed by his own soldiers.

Edit: I like jackass better than ass

Angthoron

Arcane
What's this you've said to me, my good friend? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in conflict resolution, and Ive been involved in numerous friendly discussions, and I have over 300 confirmed friends. I am trained in polite discussions and I'm the top mediator in the entire neighborhood. You are worth more to me than just another target. I hope we will come to have a friendship never before seen on this Earth. Don't you think you might be hurting someone's feelings saying that over the internet? Think about it, my friend. As we speak I am contacting my good friends across the USA and your P.O. box is being traced right now so you better prepare for the greeting cards, friend. The greeting cards that help you with your hate. You should look forward to it, friend. I can be anywhere, anytime for you, and I can calm you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my chess set. Not only am I extensively trained in conflict resolution, but I have access to the entire group of my friends and I will use them to their full extent to start our new friendship. If only you could have known what kindness and love your little comment was about to bring you, maybe you would have reached out sooner. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now we get to start a new friendship, you unique person. I will give you gifts and you might have a hard time keeping up. You're finally living, friend.

razvedchiki

Erudite
What's this you've said to me, my good friend? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in conflict resolution, and Ive been involved in numerous friendly discussions, and I have over 300 confirmed friends. I am trained in polite discussions and I'm the top mediator in the entire neighborhood. You are worth more to me than just another target. I hope we will come to have a friendship never before seen on this Earth. Don't you think you might be hurting someone's feelings saying that over the internet? Think about it, my friend. As we speak I am contacting my good friends across the USA and your P.O. box is being traced right now so you better prepare for the greeting cards, friend. The greeting cards that help you with your hate. You should look forward to it, friend. I can be anywhere, anytime for you, and I can calm you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my chess set. Not only am I extensively trained in conflict resolution, but I have access to the entire group of my friends and I will use them to their full extent to start our new friendship. If only you could have known what kindness and love your little comment was about to bring you, maybe you would have reached out sooner. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now we get to start a new friendship, you unique person. I will give you gifts and you might have a hard time keeping up. You're finally living, friend.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom