Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vote for AoD!

Paranoid Jack

Scholar
This thread is like a snowball rolling down-hill... it just keeps getting bigger and it's out of control.

John Yossarian

Magister
metallix said:
WTF is that supposed to mean? You'll count the posters in the thread, multiply their number with five and subtract the number from AoD's votes?
read my following posts, please. I am already fulwell aware that there is no need for a recount. Gawd, I dont question the numbers and dont imply that there was cheating. R

Also, I don't know if it's just Metal's bad english or what but that word "scam" rubs me the wrong way. We did absolutely nothing wrong except vote for the game of our choice, there was no disclaimer or fine print that said Ruskies only. Calling it a scam makes it sound like there was wrong doing on our part which is completely false. A scam would be changing the results after they're already in.
Why don't you pay attention to what I fucking post before stating that I talk nonsense, okay? I used the word "scam" in the "right" way and meant exactly what you think, but if you would PLEASE BE SO KIND to read the following posts, I admited that there was no scam, and that the question was in the very fact of codexians' voting, not the number of votes.
LOL. I was wondering when you were gonna snap.

Seven

Erudite
metallix said:
The hivemind (myself included) can be so fucking braindead stubborn at times.

Quit being asshole. So when you said scam you meant scam, and now you admit it wasn't a scam. Fine and great, so now I can't express my opinion just because it rubs you the wrong way? And yeah, I'm braindead and stubborn because I politely expressed my views.

You know, I've re-read the thread, and yeah for some people it was a big deal, so fine, blow off some steam, but don't think you can blame it on the hivemind or anything remotely like that. I don't want to re-hash what's already been said (especially since it seems like you've had enough), but the idea to knock AoD to a lesser place was just dumb, plain and simple.

EDIT: BTW, if you don't mind kindly point out where you previously said
I admited that there was no scam

Not to be picky or anything, but if you're going insult me and blow like that then I should at least have it coming.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Just put a notice saying "If they don't write in Cyrodillic/Cyrillic/Cylindrigoddamit in your home country, don't vote here. You suck. Thank you, please leave immediately." above the poll and everything will be perfect.

galsiah

Erudite
metallix said:
The hivemind (myself included) can be so fucking braindead stubborn at times.
Personally I completely agree with you that it's not particularly helpful for AoD to get to number 1 from codex support (though there was nothing really wrong in it). The fact that it was around 13th to start with is very encouraging.

I still think that it would make sense to consider changing the voting system / voting page information etc., so that at least you've improved what you can from your end.

If you'd had a discreet but clear "Please only vote if you use this site - we'd like to know our users' opinions.", I think most people here would have respected that. Such a message might appear a little odd to a few of your users, but it's hardly going to put anyone off your site [who really cares about non-functional text on a voting page?].

Ibis

Novice
Wow Vault Dweller, everyone probably knows this but AoD is #1 at that poll right now! Great show since it was listed at #14 at the beginning of the thread.

I am amazed. Look at some of the titles below you too ... Gothic 3, my hubby's been waiting forever for that game to come out!

Atrokkus

Erudite
DIT: BTW, if you don't mind kindly point out where you previously said
My bad, Seven. Indeed, in a flurry of posts, I failed to express that I admit the legitimacy of my fellow codexians' votes. And still, it is rather irrelevant to our disucssion.

You didn't cheat, but you shouldn't have voten either -- that's my standpoint here. I'm not ordering anyone around, I'm just saying that someone told VD that there is this poll and it basically evolved into a flashmob of sorts. You see, our poll is aimed towards determining the preferences of Russian-speaking gamerbase, because otehrwise we would make an english version of the poll (or the english version of the site). I would like to emphasize that such a "clean" voting, with no "intervention" from codex, would have benefited AoD in a way that it would show the Russian gamerbase's interest -- and this is something of importance for the project -- I tihink VD would agree with that.

What happened was pretty much like if an russian citizen was asked to vote for American president or something -- that woulnd't make sense, would it? (though I know it can be argued, heh).

Whipporowill

Erudite
Comparing voting for a country's president to voting on the internet is pretty silly Metallix - since everyone COULD participate they did. Not even the same bloody ballpark! Just keep the voting in the russian forums, or in kyrillic letters the next time instead of making up new rules "who should or should not" vote in an open poll on the internet... :roll:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
metallix said:
You didn't cheat, but you shouldn't have voten either -- that's my standpoint here.
That's a dumb standpoint, Metallix, with all due respect. If there is a poll with an unrestricted access, any "well, you shouldn't have voted there" comments are silly. Plain and simple. It's like saying "CRPG.ru isn't for you, it's only for the Russian audience, and by entering the site you've screwed up our statistics. THANKSALOT!!!"

You see, our poll is aimed towards determining the preferences of Russian-speaking gamerbase...
Why didn't you say so? I know the answer. Judging by the pre-Codex results of the poll, the Russian-speaking gamerbase doesn't give a shit about your poll. There. Happy now? :lol:

I would like to emphasize that such a "clean" voting, with no "intervention" from codex, would have benefited AoD in a way that it would show the Russian gamerbase's interest -- and this is something of importance for the project -- I tihink VD would agree with that.
No. VD happens to think that all polls are gay and usually mean shit. The election results alone confirm my pseudo-scientific conclusions.

What happened was pretty much like if an russian citizen was asked to vote for American president or something -- that woulnd't make sense, would it? (though I know it can be argued, heh).
The access to the poll was unrestricted, basically saying "Please come and vote, our dear american friends! We owe your country so much!" :lol: There wasn't even a simple warning that could have been easily translated by BF: "This poll is for Russian midgets with fake beards between the age of 27 and 29 ONLY!!! Please respect our fucked up way of life. Thanks in advance!". In which case your righteous anger would have been justified.

Alacroin

Novice
Claw said:
Btw, are you all aware of the Stephen Colbert Bridge?

So far he hasn't been disqualified, afaik.

No he didn't get disqualified, but the guys who decide the final name for that bridge are free to ignore the results of the voting, and can name the bridge whatever they want.And as far as i know, no bridge can be named after a living person, so it will probably end up bein Zrínyi Miklos Bridge or something like that......

Oh....my first post here...so...Hi?

Atrokkus

Erudite
No. VD happens to think that all polls are gay and usually mean shit. The election results alone confirm my pseudo-scientific conclusions.
Hmm. and why then did you bother with this poll at all, eh?

That's a dumb standpoint, Metallix, with all due respect. If there is a poll with an unrestricted access, any "well, you shouldn't have voted there" comments are silly. Plain and simple. It's like saying "CRPG.ru isn't for you, it's only for the Russian audience, and by entering the site you've screwed up our statistics. THANKSALOT!!!"
I know it sounds stupid, but so is the voting spree that you initiated, sorry. I mean, well yeah you think polls are gay and shit, but why bother with one then? For some people, polls do mean something. And you can't deny the relevancy of AoD -- it really shows if there's any interest among russian gamerbase. You just can't argue with that.

Vault Dweller

Developer
metallix said:
Hmm. and why then did you bother with this poll at all, eh?
Can't figure it out, eh?

I know it sounds stupid, but so is the voting spree that you initiated, sorry.
Nope. All I did was ask people to vote in a poll where AoD was listed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I mean, well yeah you think polls are gay and shit, but why bother with one then?
Amusement, curiosity, and some quick and easy hype points.

For some people, polls do mean something.
Some people think that Oblivion is the most awesome RPG ever, so what's your point?

And you can't deny the relevancy of AoD -- it really shows if there's any interest among russian gamerbase. You just can't argue with that.
There are two things that show if there's any interest:

a) forum activities
b) the actual sales

Anything else is meaningless.

Balor

Arcane
Oh, VD, don't be petty.
It's still there on the first place... however, I really say that this system where you can vote multiple times for one game is kinda overly screweable.
Makes it vulnerable for fanboi attacks... I do think that it deserve it's first place if half what you said is true. And if it does not have too many game-breaking bugs.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Balor said:
Oh, VD, don't be petty.
It's still there on the first place...
I'm not saying that it isn't nice. It certainly is. However, it's meaningless.

however, I really say that this system where you can vote multiple times for one game is kinda overly screweable.
Which isn't my fault. I didn't hax0r in 4 extra voting slots to ensure AoD's rise to powah. However, even if you discount the multiple votes, AoD is #3.

I do think that it deserve it's first place if half what you said is true. And if it does not have too many game-breaking bugs.
This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever told me.

Lumpy

Arcane
AoD deserve its first place? How can it, when 90% of crpg.ru, or of the whole RPG playing population in general, haven't even heard about it?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Gambler said:
Which isn't my fault.
So... Should I post the liks to that poll on the official NWN2 forum? Gothic 3 forum? I won't be my fault either.
Be my guest. In fact, please do it. Btw, the link has been posted at Bioware forums, which didn't affect Dragon Age rating much.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Okay from now on I care absolutely nothing about that poll. I won't try to persade Eddard or somesuch -- if he cuts the votes - fine, I won't move a muscle. After all, polls *are* gay in their nature (although my statement on AoD russian rating relevancy is still left there standing, uncontested).

This dispute ends now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom