Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline VtM Bloodlines unofficial patch by Wesp5 v9.2 now available

Ser Pounce-a-lot

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
Dumbfuck Village Idiot
This whole thing where she stays locked in her room for no reason is just something you made up. If that's the basis on which you rage-uninstalled, you are a goofball.
First of all, you don't see her do it. For all you know, she could have had someone else do it for her. Second, it's something that may or may not happen, depending on how you play it. Third, even if it does happen, she has a reason to leave her room this time.
So it makes sense for you to LKDJHLSDKJGHSD RAGE CASE about seeing her out of her room? Because it's possible that on some playthroughs it's possible to interpret what you see as meaning that maybe sometimes she chooses not to leave her room for a bit (although she (clearly, blatantly, provably, obviously) goes out at other times)?
What in flying fuck are you talking about? I said Janette had absolutely no reason to be standing over Mercurio as he climbs into his apartment, and that seeing her outside her club ruined her actual introduction scene. Janette had no connection to Mercurio, she had no reason to be at that place (Mercurio didn't announce his arrival with drums and fireworks because he was bleeding to death and trying not to attract anyone's attention to avoid getting into trouble with LaCroix for fucking up the astrolite job), and that was the only time we ever saw Janette outside of her nightclub IN THE GAME. If we consistently saw her in various locations, you could at least rationalize that she randomly bumped into him on one of her outings, but this way it was straight out immersion-break. Not that you would know about this, seeing as how you didn't see her in the game and are probably just trolling me.

although she (clearly, blatantly, provably, obviously) goes out at other times
What part of "I wasn't implying she's a shut-in" do you need clarified?

Crying over Mercurio was just dumb, and thankfully got axed. So it's a moot point in any case.
Fair enough. If you don't like it, you don't like it. Next time just say so instead of making up bullshit. :)
You're a thick one, aren't you.

Fuck you, seeing Jeanette outside the club destroyed my immersion, even though we know she goes outside of the club, but we don't actually see that happening, except in the introduction, but that doesn't count and, uh, I don't really know what I'm angry about anymore.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Joined the forum today, uses a proxy, immediately tried to start arguments about two different games in two different threads...named after a cat from Dragon Age.

SEEMS LEGIT

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Less about immersion. More about that it removes a lot of the impact to her intro stylistically speaking. For me anyway. Also, why would she be there? Just a pointless addition like that thing lambchop was talking about earlier.

edit: eh. but if you have the mod, you've played the game before so who gives a shit? and this bro is drog or whatever

Last edited by a moderator:

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
All I know is that I installed the 8.9 patch, which is just the excuse to finally get around to playing the game as a Malkavian, finish the two sisters quests... and... Cant get past the fence with Tung. Turned on no-clip to see if it's a problem with the fence or something else, and Tung just isn't there. A flag isn't being set I suppose, but I can't go any further. Madness ensues.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I agree that it's stupid for Jeanette to appear there, crying, for absolutely no reason. It's not alluded to, and Mercurio was Teresa's ghoul anyway so why would Jeanette give a fuck? But losing your shit over it and uninstalling the mod is a bit of an overreaction. OH NO MY IMMERSION! I CAN NEVER PLAY VIDEO GAMES AGAIN!

Edit: Wait, was Mercurio the prince's ghoul? I can't remember. Either way it makes no sense.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
He's LaCroix's ghoul. I asked wesp why Jeanette appeared there and he said "what else would she be crying about?" or some shit like that. Wesp's basic patch is good, but the plus patch does some weird shit.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
While we're at it, let's revive that wesp patch vs the ~~true patch~~ debate.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
While we're at it, let's revive that wesp patch vs the ~~true patch~~ debate.
:nocountryforshitposters:

What debate? Wesp is an autist and Tessera is a drama queen, it's obvious who is the better modder.

...hmmm, maybe not...
Tessera responded to criticism of his patch (by people completely unrelated to wesp) by slandering wesp all across the internet, banning anyone who mentioned wesp's patch on his forums, and generally being a cunt. Wesp responded to this by not giving a fuck and just kept on modding. Plus wesp keeps updating his patch and tessera hasn't updated his in years.

Not much of a contest, really.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So, just to make it clear.

v8.9 02.02.2014
----
+ Moved crying girl near cops at pier and changed her to unique NPC.

... Jeanette has already been removed and replaced by random crying girl. And still there is an argument.

:nocountryforshitposters::nocountryforshitposters::nocountryforshitposters:

Even if Jeanette never cried or never existed, there would still be an argument. What can change the nature of the codex?

BobtheTree

Savant
This kinda makes me want to give the game another shake. Then I remembered how awful the last few hours of the game is.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Man I can't be the only one that didn't really mind the sewers that much. I hate the giovanni mansion and the hunter place much more.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
The sewers are a bit of a slog, but with melee weapons it's not much trouble. I would rather go through the sewers than have to do that museum heist again, even if it is much shorter.

I hated the sewers for the obvious grind filler that they were and simply because I saw no reason/possibility for them to exist. Seriously, are sewers like that? Giant labyrinths big enough for 15 foot monsters to hide in? I always pictured them more as big pipes full of poo...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
All this work and drama on patches for this game and yet I still have to switch to third-person for melee fighting. :rpgcodex:

Ser Pounce-a-lot

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
Dumbfuck Village Idiot
I agree that it's stupid for Jeanette to appear there, crying, for absolutely no reason. It's not alluded to, and Mercurio was Teresa's ghoul anyway so why would Jeanette give a fuck? But losing your shit over it and uninstalling the mod is a bit of an overreaction. OH NO MY IMMERSION! I CAN NEVER PLAY VIDEO GAMES AGAIN!

Edit: Wait, was Mercurio the prince's ghoul? I can't remember. Either way it makes no sense.
It was in the very first moments of the game, right as you exit the apartment. Chances of immersion remaining after this are next to zero.

I hated the sewers for the obvious grind filler that they were and simply because I saw no reason/possibility for them to exist. Seriously, are sewers like that? Giant labyrinths big enough for 15 foot monsters to hide in? I always pictured them more as big pipes full of poo...
In a world with undead monsters pulling the strings of humanity... yeah, that's exactly what sewers should look like, considering they are populated by Nospheratu who cannot survive in the open without violating the Masquerade. For once in the history of fiction, Absurdly Spacious Sewers are justified.

Especially considering that in medieval Europe, Nospheratu lived inside crypts and catacombs, so they would have continued this tradition to modern cities like LA. And there really do exist real-life sewers that could fit tons of people and monsters in, for instance, Paris or New York sewers.

Last edited:

Yeah, but I mean, it's just crazy retardedly huge, even as you go deeper and deeper. At the bottom the tunnels are big enough to drive cars through. I seem to remember that last room before you find the Nos base crazy freaking huge, but maybe it's just my memory. Been a while since I played through...

I don't do sewer engineering though, so it could all be perfectly possible, for all I know. If it is, post some pics. And I don't mean near street level storm sewers, I mean deep underground shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom