Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

War Thunder : WoP - simmers wet dream

varangos

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
Can't seem to find you on Steam, sadly.

ah sorry,thats my ingame name,my steam is different but i cant reveal it,iits too risky.......

SmartCheetah

Arcane
inb4 totally unsunkable russian sea vessels. Because Gaijin isn't biased at all, lel.
All in all, russian navy was very stronk and majestic! ;_;

Zerginfestor

Learned
Boats, not ships.

totally agree, not sure why they decided to show the boats in barebone animations, but ayyyy.

inb4 totally unsunkable russian sea vessels. Because Gaijin isn't biased at all, lel.
All in all, russian navy was very stronk and majestic! ;_;

all of Russian Ships are made of pure Stalinium, comrade, you know this to be their secret of unsinkable ships! ;-;7

Personally, excited to try out US faction of warships, since I'm focusing on US tanks and their Tier 3 is literal cancer to play as in Arcade mode and even at times Realistic Mode (looking at you, big ass field map with absolutely little to no cover).

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Finaly the diggers are finding world war info, means it should be in testing soon

World War is based on three level stage.

The highest level is a single map where whole "action is defined. There is no idea what a map is (probably map is airplane map).
At this map a several operations may be activated, probably at the same time but independently to self.
Single operation is a series of battles at local regions (called events).
It means that each "event" - point of action is described by map, operation and battle.

There is a operation / battle commander (not sure who it is).
Battle commander is responsible for battle / operation activation, set main targets, call supplies and activate new structures when previous ones are destroyed.

There are "armies" (supplies). Single army looks a stack of available supplies. With supplies battle may be still supported even the enemy team has superiority in this region. If no supplies then morale is down. Because the common players have "no morale" then morale feature have impact for AI units only.

Clans are not owners for territory where they fighting on - the owner of territory is a "country" only. Clans cannot participate at both sides of battle (1st time as ally, 2nd as enemy), no information how clans may select side to fight. Important feature is that clan should be involved to battle to participate (if no involve then no access to battle).

No playable ships in this patch, but we can play with AI units (included Japanese forces).
Participation of tanks not confirmed, but WW mode without playable tanks have no sense for me.
No data about difficulty of WW game mode (AB, RB, SB).

panzertoter

Arcane
It's all great, but why they're planning to ad new content without eliminating some obvious bugs which were reported to them long time ago? F.E. flickering clouds and textures in DX11 mode on new Radeon cards.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Howdy boys. Anyone still playing that?
There is some good news on the horizon. Seems like RUSSIANS took the sip of civilization and decided that grind is too harsh in their game. Therefore, they are cutting it by 50% in terms of tanks. All RP requirements for specific tanks of tier 3-6 are gonna be halved. That's pretty huge, especially because that grind was the only thing that was holding me from playing better tanks.

I think it might be a good time to come back to WT.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Fucking finally, took them long enough. I'd be happier if they reduced the grind on every fucking thing instead of just on some tank tiers, but it's a good start.

Any word yet on when are they publicly releasing boats?

SmartCheetah

Arcane
They are also reducing silver lion costs by almost half, so it's pretty kewl. No idea when this update comes live. Probably with open beta of the boats or first batch of French/Italian tanks somewhere in December.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I guess that this was caused by the new highest BR tanks that only a chosen few could play.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I guess that this was caused by the new highest BR tanks that only a chosen few could play.

Yup. Gaijin never listened to people, so I'm almost sure they haven't took the hint from player base cries. Obviously, something was wrong when tier 5-6 games were mostly 8v8 player matches. Tier 5-6 is very low populated in terms of tanks, so they really had to do something if this game is gonna go "forward" in time.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Any word yet on when are they publicly releasing boats?
Beginning of next year probably. They had to revamp almost their entire work after everyone whined about having only boats and not Yamatos and Bismarcks. We already got destroyers, and Gaijin is testing internally Light Cruisers, and possibly some heavier ships. Dunno when we get to test them

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm still playing it, since August 2012 lol.

NQyUxnX.jpg

They're reducing the RP and SL needed for Tier 4+ vehicles in 2 weeks, and IJN is coming next patch (around June)

kewl.

I wish they gave more attention and love to air RB's mechanics, as well as ground force's unimaginative game modes too. But IJN and reduced grind is pretty gr8 nonetheless.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I've sold my account to some guy for 500$ last summer. I miss flying, but tanks? Meh. Had some fun with 'em, but most of the time it was pretty rage-inducing experience.

I'd go back but the grind was killing me even after changes. It just takes way too long.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I've sold my account to some guy for 500$ last summer. I miss flying, but tanks? Meh. Had some fun with 'em, but most of the time it was pretty rage-inducing experience.

I'd go back but the grind was killing me even after changes. It just takes way too long.
What did you have on your account to sell it for that much?

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Krauts, Brits and Americans almost fully researched (except American high tier tanks), other nations in mediocre state (altough, I had russian jets as well) + a lot of premium vehicles(especially aircraft, but some good earning tanks as well - t29, ru251, black prince, strv 81) and talismans on those with good performance.
I won a lot of GE in one of the very old events so I haven't spent that much(Maybe around 100$?). Time well spent, considering amount of fun I had with it and money I got back.

Dude who bought it was totally clueless, btw.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Tried the World of Tanks it was garbage with medium tanks being destroyed when shot over by machine guns thanks to HPs system. Maps were also meh and half of players camped in dug outs and murder holes and pawned those who tried to advance. Un-Installed after one day. War Thunder so far is cool and fun to play; realistic damage model in tank is kewl as frack, maps are more realistic and matching doesn't pit newbies against veterans in tanks two levels above them. Client is also half of the size of WoT, will need to check if their ship game is also as fun too.

:incline:

PM if some of you want to play with Commissar I am Bromissar Draco there, serving Il Duce and Italia. Olthough might later on grab a soviet tank with Za Stalinu sticker and do some tasteful liberating in realistic mode Comrades and trannies.:hero:

Last edited:

panzertoter

Arcane
Tried the World of Tanks it was garbage with medium tanks being destroyed when shot over by machine guns thanks to HPs system. Maps were also meh and half of players camped in dug outs and murder holes and pawned those who tried to advance. Un-Installed after one day. War Thunder so far is cool and fun to play; realistic damage model in tank is kewl as frack, maps are more realistic and matching doesn't pit newbies against veterans in tanks two levels above them. Client is also half of the size of WoT, will need to check if their ship game is also as fun too.

:incline:

PM if some of you want to play with Commissar I am Bromissar Draco there, serving Il Duce and Italia. Olthough might later on grab a soviet tank with Za Stalinu sticker and do some tasteful liberating in realistic mode Comrades and trannies.:hero:

Try planes in realistic mode, quite fun until br 6.0.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom