Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

War Thunder : WoP - simmers wet dream

Destroid

Arcane
After several attempts, I've come to the conclusion that I don't really like this game. (GF)

On paper it does many things right, but in practice it is just simply shitty. UI is horrible with unreadable texts, the fights devolve into brainless rushes. And high tier tanks keep one-shotting me in cover, from ~1 km away. Low tier TD's are horrible to play since you can't effectively flank in most of the maps. Seriously, I'm playing a TD that can't even pen a T-34-85 rear... and get thrown against Tigers and IS's...

What are you talkin about pretty much anything can penetrate a t-34 hull rear, unless you get a bad angle. I find generally compared to WoT your armour is not reliable, especially in arcade where aiming is easy mode. The KV-1 is really the first tank with substantial protection, after that it's jgpz4, hetzer, then the german T5 tanks. Anything else is pretty much paper.

The TDs feel a bit bad to me in this because they don't get a significant firepower advantage compared to same tier mediums.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
488AEC0A4429D471B1948E84712B01F6A0205662

PAzypCm.jpg

Last edited:

Destroid

Arcane
Yeah T-34 and IS-1 really struggle for penetration on Tiger and Panther. I find the Panther a fair bit better than the Tiger though, better mobility and they both only have one good angle anyway (Panther front, Tiger needs to be on a diagonal).

SmartCheetah

Arcane

Patch 1.43 is out bros. A lot of new machines, some new things in each mode, a lot of changes. And a very sexy (and pretty bad in terms of performance) Ho229!

Too bad some flight models and damage models still suck. Same thing with Battle Ratings (altough, they are working on the new, better system. We'll see)

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
WT is utter shit but it's funny watching the videos where people ram bombers on their own side. Hilariously, Russian developers are busy running Battle of Stalingrad to ground as well with forced SP unlocks for MP.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
WT is utter shit but it's funny watching the videos where people ram bombers on their own side. Hilariously, Russian developers are busy running Battle of Stalingrad to ground as well with forced SP unlocks for MP.

If wt is utter shit than what is wot and wowp?

Norfleet

Doing simple math, it seems that if you want to have 100% chance for a premium tier 2 aircraft, you gotta spend... 40-50 hours in game, this week. Russians are terrible at designing, seriously.
How's that unreasonable? That's only 2 days. Even if you work, that's only 3-4 days. If you are a lazy slacker on top of that and sleep a bunch, you can still make it in 7.

If wt is utter shit than what is wot and wowp?
Still shit, obviously. Omnia Merdae Sunt: Everything is shit.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
[How's that unreasonable? That's only 2 days. Even if you work, that's only 3-4 days. If you are a lazy slacker on top of that and sleep a bunch, you can still make it in 7.

That was only for tier 2 premium bro. Cost of tier 2 premium is so small that you could earn the money equivalent in 1 or 2 hours work.

Norfleet

So what's it take for the real deal, then? Obviously only a great fool would pay for noob-level garbage.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
As far as I remember, when you wanted tier 4 premium you had to spend like over 90 hours in game (very optimistic view) up to 120 in that event.

Tier 4 premium costs around 4-7k Golden Eagles. 4-6 hours of work, depends on country you live in.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Those events are very rarely worth your time in any game if you have some kind of income. Maybe a nice bonus if you were going to play that much anyway (and/or you're a kid).

Norfleet

Yes, but while I do have some kind of income, the purpose of that income would be defeated if I were to simply give it away to someone ELSE. The point of earning money is so *I* can have money, not so someone ELSE can have MY money.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I was wondering about this game, not so much to play for myself as getting sucked into another game such as this is all kinds of bad.

Yes, but while I do have some kind of income, the purpose of that income would be defeated if I were to simply give it away to someone ELSE. The point of earning money is so *I* can have money, not so someone ELSE can have MY money.

Speaking of that, Norfleet , let me know if you are getting into this. I have a gift code.

Norfleet

Honestly, it doesn't really look like my thing. Where are the minerals? How do I build pylons? I see nothing like that here. Now, if you know of something involving minerals and pylons, let me know. We require more minerals and must construct additional pylons. What you up to, Sloppy?

Wild Slop

Arcane
Not much to speak of.

What little I've been playing of Hearthstone has become even less. A friend has been trying to get me into a game called Heroes of the Storm. Which not only do I have doubts if it would be the kind of game I like playing but I can't get a beta invite to find out. I am told sometime around January it will become available to all.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Not so much, but too much of same and all that. I am willing to give Heroes a shot for my friends sake. It might end up being too intolerable that wasting time on a game while catching up with friend who now lives across the country wont be enough.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Checked out the updatan. Another new feature (at least I haven't seen it before) is killcams.

When you die, you get a slo-mo of the bullet that killed you moving to your tank, followed by an x-ray showing what parts of your tank got damaged in the hit. It's pretty cool. In arcade mode, you also get a killcam whenever you hit someone, showing you the part of their tank you hit so you can adjust your aim.

It's not realistic, but it's still pretty cool.
:greatjob:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom