Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

War Thunder : WoP - simmers wet dream

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Lololololololol.

Multi-gun/turret support has been added.

M3 Lee finally has a purpose.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yep. It's bretty cool. You have primary gun + secondary gun + machine guns. I shot down an airplane with my tank yesterday.

Thane Solus

Arcane
so i tried WT after play World of Premium Tanks.

Pros:

- big maps
- game modes
- nice tank models
- damage system

Cons:

everything else.
- terrible ui and hud that doesnt tell anything
- horrible controls and movement
- map are a bit flat in their design
- wow, check out that garage menu, really, how can you fuck up the a simple research and progression UI..

Not for me...

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
welp, becaue war thunder is going to be a warfare game and not arena game like WoT, soon join in progress games will be available (meaning battle is being constantly fought and you can join in ) and later this system will be used for world war, if you want to have an idea of what world war will be check out the single player dynamic campaign and add join in progress games to this.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah, bombers are surprisingly easy targets if you notice their approach. They fly directly at you and a single good shot will turn them into confetti. :smug:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Otto Carious said:
"On the other hand, we had a lot of trouble with Russian fighters. They 'lurched' past us, almost without a break. That's really the way one has to describe that type of flying. My gunner, Unteroffizier Kramer, can take credit for a deed which was probably unparalleled on the Eastern Front. That is, he succeeded in shooting down a Russian fighter with the tank cannon. Of course, he was also helped by chance. This was how it happened. Kramer, upset by the unrelenting nuisance of these guys, elevated his cannon along the approach route. I talked him in. He took a chance and pulled the trigger. On the second attempt, he hit one of the 'bees' in its wing. The Russian crashed behind us."

So recently I got back into playing this a bit and weirdest thing happened to me yesterday. I was minding my own business riding around in my Pz II and this thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howitzer_Motor_Carriage_M8 went over hill and blasted me with single shot. WTF? I can't find it anywhere on tech trees and after some digging I found out it's supposed to be added as premium, essentially it's not in the game yet. Where the hell did he get this then?

Luka-boy

Arcane
So recently I got back into playing this a bit and weirdest thing happened to me yesterday. I was minding my own business riding around in my Pz II and this thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howitzer_Motor_Carriage_M8 went over hill and blasted me with single shot. WTF? I can't find it anywhere on tech trees and after some digging I found out it's supposed to be added as premium, essentially it's not in the game yet. Where the hell did he get this then?
It was a reward for tasks:
http://warthunder.com/en/news/2736-holiday-war-thunder-marathon-en

Jesus and sweet Mary baby Jesus Christ. After seeing amount of grind required I ain't even mad this thing got thrown into game with my reserve Pz II.

Haha oh wow. Getting into T-34 after dreadful low tier germans feels like cheating.

A66sM7w.png

Destroid

Arcane
Haha oh wow. Getting into T-34 after dreadful low tier germans feels like cheating.

Don't worry, the tables turn rather severely once germans get tigers and panthers, although the T-34 remains a solid little tanks thanks to it's speed and agility. The KV-85 and IS-1 are just painful to play, poor firepower and awful agility with mediocre armour.

The sherman is a pretty damn fine tank so far, although it's upgraded versions look a little anaemic.

Do crew skills have any effect in simulator battles? I think it worked only in arcade but then again my memory isn't that good and it could have been changed since then..
I'm wondering if there is any point in paying for tank qualifications.

Destroid

Arcane
No idea, I've never bothered to upgrade any of them.

Performing extremely well with a Fw 190 A-4 lately, 2 x MG151 and 2 x MG/FF is a hell of a lot of firepower for a fast single engine fighter on it's tier.

On the other hand the Me 410 is embarrassingly bad so far :S

Luka-boy

Arcane
Do crew skills have any effect in simulator battles? I think it worked only in arcade but then again my memory isn't that good and it could have been changed since then..
I'm wondering if there is any point in paying for tank qualifications.
They do, but many skills don't matter that much currently. Pretty much everyone I know dumps most points into reloading, vitality and repairing above anything else with some leadership, driving and keen vision thrown in every now and then.

I'm officially done with low tier germans. Shit is just painful to play. ~35% win rate is best I can get on my "good" tanks like Pz IV C. Really low tiers are overrun by total bullshit M8A1 (as if Stuarts weren't good enough :roll:). This thing shouldn't be anywhere near tier 1-1.3 games, yet after like what a week now this hasn't been corrected so it seems that's how it's supposed to be. Jump into higher tiers with my StuG F and Shermans are just running over everything. Most of the time match looks like this. I find a good spot to camp and shoot things. Depending on how open map is I either ineffectually bounce vast majority of shots or get some kills. Then very quickly my team gets flattened and I find myself surrounded by anywhere from 3 to 5 tanks with Chaffe's hitting me in the ass and Shermans going in from front and sides. I respawn but since our base is overrun they of course easily kill me and match ends soon after. Unless you kill their whole team by yourself or get into match against only russians (I mean facing T-34s is improvement, nuff said really) forget about getting your first win of the day.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm officially done with low tier germans. Shit is just painful to play. ~35% win rate is best I can get on my "good" tanks like Pz IV C. Really low tiers are overrun by total bullshit M8A1 (as if Stuarts weren't good enough :roll:). This thing shouldn't be anywhere near tier 1-1.3 games, yet after like what a week now this hasn't been corrected so it seems that's how it's supposed to be. Jump into higher tiers with my StuG F and Shermans are just running over everything. Most of the time match looks like this. I find a good spot to camp and shoot things. Depending on how open map is I either ineffectually bounce vast majority of shots or get some kills. Then very quickly my team gets flattened and I find myself surrounded by anywhere from 3 to 5 tanks with Chaffe's hitting me in the ass and Shermans going in from front and sides. I respawn but since our base is overrun they of course easily kill me and match ends soon after. Unless you kill their whole team by yourself or get into match against only russians (I mean facing T-34s is improvement, nuff said really) forget about getting your first win of the day.
Yeah forget low tier... Get the tier 3 Panther (Ausf. D) and enjoy clubbing the hell out of muricans and commies

Destroid

Arcane
The Pz4 line is golden once you have the F2 for it's excellent gun. The Pz3 are unfortunately pretty shitty, even the Tiger I isn't that hot, but the Tiger II is ridiculously good. I don't really play TDs, but they have decent guns and pretty bouncy armour at some tiers.

Don't worry about your win rate too much, with such large teams your personal ability to dictate the outcome is quite limited.

EDIT:

Seems like the XP distribution in this game is really wonky, I have a game where I kill 10 tanks and I get ~1500-2000xp, I do the same in aircraft and I'll easily clear 4000.

Last edited:

Monkeysattva

Cipher
Is it normal to get roflstomped in low tier tanks? Or am I just bad?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom