Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Warbanners - turn-based tactics from the developers of Drums of War

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
It is done. Do you need help with the rest?

Thank you so much! Yes, help is still needed! Here is the rest (100%) of the text:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_orzOczvwek6tdpyK1pYpQGY1g4n8noPKF90r9yzGdI/edit#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pWFscabjhL5oDmAlo5bPhphhg2e5sIPMpbjrnuRsJtA/edit#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qj5DZW_i0RLYMjH_toXafkOq8I_xEjVaRlSbwdmbRKs/edit#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_E0wQP-RWAUJ86sOnpsBLtvQED40uAPXQaQgAl1xtS8/edit#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i96BvMkG-OOkoMJeNK0wAuhDB-OfTRtNmqaMDXSPhKA/edit#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m1dQuUQA0T4J-L0LKaY7DUht7C3mcxzR-wmY56_lGJo/edit#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S8yzF83aj_dGUaDP-6YEWMlaAf4-y9bNpVmmwF-pQy8/edit#gid=0

Changes in the GUI:

C-lYFjVXcAAUrGB.jpg:large

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
It is done. Take your time checking them.
Can we have the extended Demo now? :)

Great work! You are super! How do you mention in the credits (While i wrote "Trash Player")?
I noticed one inaccuracy (moving on the water is swimming): Swimming - Unit can move on Water Hexes.

I'll send the link in a PM. There are 9 missions. In principle, we are ready for another 6, but we have not done 2-3 sprites yet. Difficult sprites...

Trash Player

Scholar
Just credit RPG Codex, I think this community deserves some positive recognition. :)
Thanks but I think there are still some inconsistencies or awkward formatting in the text, though it is usable in this state if you are not going for a Civpedia(need some real planning/communication for that).
Would you mind sending the link to other bros interested in development too? I can guarantee they will help sales more than typical game journos.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Just credit RPG Codex, I think this community deserves some positive recognition. :)
Thanks but I think there are still some inconsistencies or awkward formatting in the text, though it is usable in this state if you are not going for a Civpedia(need some real planning/communication for that).
Would you mind sending the link to other bros interested in development too? I can guarantee they will help sales more than typical game journos.
I do not go to Civpedia. What for?
Of course, I can send a link :). To whom exactly? In a month I plan to start a closed beta test. I will need testers.

Trash Player

Scholar
The link is in my profile page. Some bros figured it out already. :)
Count me in for the closed beta!

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Good :)

Please, сorrect the text:

ATTENTION!
To complit this mission, all your units must be on the marked hexes. Don't try to kill all the enemies, it's impossible!
Hurry up, there will soon be a chase!
One of the swordsmen has an artifact. To get it, you need to kill the owner.
Units, who perish in this mission, will not be resurrected.

Trash Player

Scholar
To complete this mission, move all player Units to the marked Hexes. It is impossible to kill all enemies, run as fast as you can!
Keep moving! Your enemies are close!
An Artifact is carried by one of the enemy Swordmen. Pry it from his cold, dead hands.
Units killed in this mission cannot be resurrected.

Edit: Courtesy of JarlFrank

Last edited:

Trash Player

Scholar
I found only 6 missions in the demo, did I miss any thing? Did you mean 9 story nodes?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
To complete this mission, move all player Units to the marked Hexes. It is impossible to kill all enemies, run as fast as you can!
Keep moving! Your enemies are close!
An Artifact is carried by one of the enemy Swordmen. Pry it from his cold, dead hands.
Unit killed in this mission cannot be resurrected.

That's good, but the last sentence should read "Units killed" not "Unit killed"

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Many thanks!

In the demo version 9 mission-nodes. But only 7 battles.
For one pass - 4-6 battles.
I know, it is not enough. Practically ready for 7 more missions.

Lagi

Savant
Game improved. Not as much as during the previous version, but still.

Circles are rubbish, as I expected. Good i can turn it off.
Red shield for archers are nice addition.
Green mdf is nice. Pop up windows with info - balm for brain.
Working help is a BIG +. I finally can read about mechanic nuance.
Graphic is more readable - I dont know what you do, but that was good.
Animation effect change also +.
Sounds are more "believable" - like roar. Not sure if its recent implementation, because I mostly play without sounds.

Double pressing key to activate potion or skill on unit-itself, is awesome addition. I can cover a significant more function with left hand.

unit visibility behind a tree is still shit though.

I'm tired playing same mission by 100x times. Still I enjoy discovering the mechanic subtleties.

For the AI; enemy charge too much into players starting position. Because of that they are easy to be surrounded and wipe out one by one. Its funny first time maybe 5th, but not every time I start the game.

bug:
in second mission I start pressing B key, and suddenly random field start catching fire. Unfortunately I was not able to do printscreen [seriously!] The game crash after:
of Draw Event
for object o_osobennost:

Fatal Error: Can not create vertex buffer of size 98304 bytes
7958 vertex buffers allocated with total size of 770560 KB
at gml_Script_drawtext
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_drawtext (line 0)
gml_Object_o_osobennost_Draw_64

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
That's what I forgot! Disable the debug buttons. For example, creating a fire button "B"! I'm sorry.

Units behind obstacles... Probably, I need to make the obstacles more transparent.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait... this is being made in Game Maker Studio?

Do you have any general thoughts about GMS to share? I am learning it right now and making my own game, I like it so far and it's encouraging to see other games being made with it.

Trash Player

Scholar
Working help is a BIG +. I finally can read about mechanic nuance.
Moment like this makes the work worthwhile.:love:
For the AI; enemy charge too much into players starting position. Because of that they are easy to be surrounded and wipe out one by one. Its funny first time maybe 5th, but not every time I start the game.
At least the rules are somewhat in favor of that; moving closer to enemy gives Morale, vice versa. Morale decay is a thing in long battles. AI will rush to keep Morale if <15.
It is arguably better than the other algorithms. Melee AI sometimes have problem
prioritize target. Once they encircled the whole map to reach my very wounded Priestess. Ended up pincushions.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Wait... this is being made in Game Maker Studio?

Do you have any general thoughts about GMS to share? I am learning it right now and making my own game, I like it so far and it's encouraging to see other games being made with it.

Yes, in Game Maker Studio. I have been doing games on it already... about 9 years. It can be done almost any 2D game.

If there are suggestions for AI - speak out. I can change priorities or try to do something more complicated. Different enemies have AI features. For example, zombies and skeletons do not have AI - they just attack the nearest target. Riders like to hunt mages and archers...

Trash Player

Scholar
Anyone else completed the extended demo?
I find the difficulty spike after the 3 tutorials welcomed, especially the optional ones.
The late caravan ambush is somehow easier, probably because less melee enemies and somewhat more defensible position? That artifact is also better than the one in early version.
The hardest for me is the one with 2 necromancers. I think I just buy into the trap every time: group up around the priestess and whack away. It is grueling of course; Ring of frost
spamming+lots of cannon fodder make the fight a painful slog. The design is working as intended, I reckon.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
I completed! :)
Missions 1 and 2 are easy. In the third, there may already be difficulties. The mission with necromancers is the most difficult. Yes, I also grouped around the priestess. It is important that archers quickly destroy necromancers. Maybe remove a couple of enemies?
Theoretically, you can try to distract enemies with swordsmen. Undead is very stupid...

Trash Player

Scholar
I am fine with what it is right now. Some players might complain about the difficulty spike though.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
How do you like this visualization: the bottom of the tree is drawn normally, and the top with greater transparency. The unit, of course, can be seen better. But the tree looks weird ... Maybe there are some other ideas?

upload_2017-5-2_18-52-7.png

Lagi

Savant
tree: create 2nd sprite that dont cover 2x tiles. Swap the tiles if unit is 1 hex above tree.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, you should use 2 sprites instead of 1, and make one transparent:
I think it would work much better if the wooden base was opaque, and the leafs were transparent.
In my game, I either apply transparency to the whole obstacle, or cut it to its base when needed.

oUzP0o6.png

Last edited:

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Yes, you should use 2 sprites instead of 1, and make one transparent:
I think it would work much better if the wooden base was opaque, and the leafs were transparent.
In my game, I either apply transparency to the whole obstacle, or cut it to its base when needed.

You're right. This is the best variant.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Changed the description of the skill. Check, please. Yes, Poison Spit does not always hit the target:

Poison Spit: Unit attacks an enemy and receives a +4 to Accuracy. If successful, Unit deals 5 Magical damage (taking into account Magic Resistance) to and inflicts Poisoned (-1 to Strength, -1 to Accuracy and -1 to Evasion. Unit receives 1 damage at the beginning of turn) on target for 3 turns

Universal: Ranged Unit does not receives penalties when it fights in melee

Thank you!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom