Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Warbanners - turn-based tactics from the developers of Drums of War

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
Steam Greenlight: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862411213

https://warbannersgame.wordpress.com

Hi!

Warbanners is a fast-pased turn-based tactical strategy game with role-playing elements. In the role of commander of the mercenary squad "Silver Griffins" the player will search for ancient artifacts, solve the dark secrets and, of course, save the world from an impending catastrophe. Between battles the player spend earned experience points to improve the mercenaries characteristics or learning new skills. Almost every fighter can be equipped with magical potions and artifacts. Complex tactical battles are the key feature of Warbanners. The major role played by the landscape and the degree of the battlefield illumination. Many terrain objects are interactive: the trees can be cut down, water can be freezed, the fire can be put out... The battle system is based on the action points and, among other things, takes into consideration the morale and fatigue of warriors.

Please, support Warbanners on Greenlight!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862411213
7F1DCCC406CD87A6DF3192F8FDA4F5B8794B0272

AA1D0330A3BF579F00169BFEFF7A89FE3EC07F67

265184B9069A0DDCF33F4C9AF4B639B148AC1DF2

419D31D1CE74B49BEE14179D31DA2F77956E0396

First gameplay trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ludovic

Valravn Games
Developer
I look forward to playing it, and gave you my vote. If I had to give any feedback based on what you've shown so far: the sprites could use some more contrast against the background to make it easy to "read" the battlefield. At their current size, the muted color palette makes the terrain features and dudes/dudettes blend a bit together, especially as there isn't an idle animation. I'd suggest adjusting the palette or adding some kind of outline.

Also some players are not going to read the long text passages, and it would be good to have some way for them to quickly make a choice anyway. I know this is a bit difficult, but if you take a look at the Paradox games, even some of the very wordy events have a caption and option text that allows a player to make an informed choice just by skimming the text. Icons and tool tips also help make it easy to make a choice without reading everything.

Vlad_Konung

Crasleen Games
Developer
I look forward to playing it, and gave you my vote. If I had to give any feedback based on what you've shown so far: the sprites could use some more contrast against the background to make it easy to "read" the battlefield. At their current size, the muted color palette makes the terrain features and dudes/dudettes blend a bit together, especially as there isn't an idle animation. I'd suggest adjusting the palette or adding some kind of outline.

Also some players are not going to read the long text passages, and it would be good to have some way for them to quickly make a choice anyway. I know this is a bit difficult, but if you take a look at the Paradox games, even some of the very wordy events have a caption and option text that allows a player to make an informed choice just by skimming the text. Icons and tool tips also help make it easy to make a choice without reading everything.

Thank you!
About sprites. They need to look in the game. By the screenshots it is difficult to conclude. Even, perhaps, we need to increase their contrast. We need more opinions. Maybe, could you do overpaint?

About text. Simplifying do not want. We have the same hardcore :). Who do not want to read - let selects answers at random. No large text "sheets" in the game. Well, maybe in a couple of missions.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Will you self publish this one?
I had good fun with Drums of War. The warmachines and interactive terrain were really cool features.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Drums of war is fun from start to finish, the maps are good, the progression from small scale battles to large scale ones is not too fast nor to slow, I like the freedom regarding party building and character progression and the game is very well balanced. I can't wait to play this one.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The official press kit mentions Battle Brothers and Dungeon Rats, so they know their audience :D

http://www.moddb.com/games/warbanners/presskit said:
We were inspired by the old games, deservedly become classics of the genre: Fire Emblem, Fantasy General, Fantasy Wars, Dark Omen, Age of Wonders... Oh, what was the game! From the new, we are very close to the impending Battle Brothers and quite fresh Dungeon Rats. For me, a gamer with 20 years of experience, Warbanners - is a game of a dream. Therefore, though the work takes a lot of time and effort, it's pleasure for me. a gamer with 20 years of experience, Warbanners - is a game of a dream. Therefore, though the work takes a lot of time and effort, it's pleasure for me.

Fantasy TB squad tactics with a mercenary band theme sold me.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Finally, you can bolster your company with the Assistants scattered throughout the world. They do not fight, but for a modest joining fee will convey bonuses that may just turn the tide of battle in your favour.

That sounds pretty neat as almost no game ever even acknowledges that a mercenary company may have non-combat personnel too.

Cudgel

Learned
Patron
Finally, you can bolster your company with the Assistants scattered throughout the world. They do not fight, but for a modest joining fee will convey bonuses that may just turn the tide of battle in your favour.

That sounds pretty neat as almost no game ever even acknowledges that a mercenary company may have non-combat personnel too.
This ^^^^ I hope swords break as well.

Lagi

Savant
No more orcs? Boring humans? No more top view, sharp graphic? Even that Drums of War rules are decent, still in Warbanners mechanic is improved a lot. Stamina + Morale that are not actually a dump stat, but a thing to manage. More unit temporary conditions.

Assistants are great little tweak's to game.

Last but not least. The choice in world map will modified the starting conditions of scenarios (if you fight in day/nigh, with ally/ not, whether your troops start tired/fresh, enemy composition). I even start reading that textwall.
:didntreadlol:

Use of potions enhance the tactics a lot, and is the main source of fun in Drums of War (here would be no potion of acceleration so the balance would be better)
:takemymoney:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom