Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
When you guise started did u get the -75% deal on plat? I got it yesterday (a few days in) and i wonder if it's supposed to be an incentive for nubes to dump dorra into teh game. Well i dumped cz the game is awesome.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It's just a random login bonus. Maybe it is tied to "player hasn't bought platin for x days", who knows.

But yes, you should only buy cybershekels if you have a -75% coupon of course.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I've never seen it. My brother got it pretty quickly after trying out the game too, so it probably is some new player thing. I tend to take long breaks and then play for a few days in a row, all it ever gives me is garbage or 25/50% off.

Gerrard

Arcane
Helps if you live in a shithole like Potatoland, I have 75% off coupons for days. It's actually one of the genuine reasons for respect towards DE, compared to jews like GGG.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Helps if you live in a shithole like Potatoland, I have 75% off coupons for days. It's actually one of the genuine reasons for respect towards DE, compared to jews like GGG.

DE are great but they can be jewy too. Like 50 plat for 50k credits? Are you fucking kidding me? I get that much after 5 min. run on Seimeni with a free cred booster. And they have the cojones to call it a "Frugal Credit Bundle".

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw if someone wants me to take for a training Index run (I've just got an access) I'll let you. I've read up on it and everything here but ofc I'll be terrible first time and I don't wanna piss off my clanmates or general chat randos. I stopped caring about pissing Codex years ago so here it's fine.

Arnust

Savant
All you really want is to get your tankiest frame that ideally doesn't need much in the way of casting abilities (Inaros or rhino are great for it), and the biggest burst damage weapons you can muster. Otherwise, you mostly want to let the players who at least *seem* to know what they're doing (telltale signs are actually being able to kill the mobs) to carry all the bitcoins and as for you, generally avoid to feed the enemy team and camp either goal. That's generally it. I *think* it's affected by Credit boosters so you might as well go ham if you get one. And repeating rounds isn't really worth it, IMO. Scaling there is already kinda ridiculous, you don't want it to be even higher.

EDIT: ah, and the guide is a bit old. You don't have to kill yourself anymore, it ends immediately. And try always getting the dropped mods, they're mostly shit but you can sell them for a pretty penny.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So first run Index was a complete fail. There was a human player and I tried to do everything I've read - stick together, let the other dude collect the coins etc. but the mobs were incredibly tough even with my maxed out Boltor Prime and I didn't really know what to do. I didn't die, just ran around shooting stuff but suddenly boom, the game is over and we lost 1-4.

I have no idea what happened and no lesson learnt for 30k credits.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I don't wanna piss off my clanmates or general chat randos
You haven't really "pissed off" someone, until a frenchman yells at you with his headset (everyone else had already muted him, but I thought he was... entertaining) and tells you to go back to playing minecraft. Sad.

And if anyone starts saying "I am Mastery Rank XX so I know how it's done", laugh in his face. He leveled 90% of his shit on Draco like everyone else.

get your tankiest frame that ideally doesn't need much in the way of casting abilities
Catframe best frame. RAAAAAAEG! :obviously:

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
ideally for index you want really chunky burst weapon - boltor is not that

things like tigris prime or any hek variant with corrosive and viral i hear is current setup

you get in da face pres butan and collect shiny - rinse and repeat

and unles youre into colecting posters thers no real need for staying there too much

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I just did a few runs with a good squad and it's pretty awesome. And yeah, it's not that shotguns are the best - nothing else works at all. The mobs fucking jump and teleport all over the place.

Arnust

Savant
I myself usually do it with my Supra Vandal and its +Crit +Status +Electric Riven, and Oberon Or Inaros (like I do most everything, but I digress). I'd use Valkyr for it more because I love her but the energy passive drain + the increasing drain of Hysteria leaves my ass to be played like bongos at every turn.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just been to Lua-Pavlov, the Lua spy mission. Jesus Christ this place sucks giant hairy balls. Fuck this place.

Yeah, YOU HAVE TO SHOOT THE RIFT, sure, everybody figures that out instantly. FFS.

whenever these missions happen in sorties, i fake lag and hope somebody else can do the mission for me :V

iirc they can't fail, can they? it's the rescue which is a bitch.

Damned Registrations

Just been to Lua-Pavlov, the Lua spy mission. Jesus Christ this place sucks giant hairy balls. Fuck this place.

Yeah, YOU HAVE TO SHOOT THE RIFT, sure, everybody figures that out instantly. FFS.
You can also melee the rift. It's actually my favourite mission for grinding xp, because the spy rooms are always the exact same, the hardest part is a relatively easy memory game. And it's got fancy lua mods that drop and a nice treasure room with like 20 fucking lockers in it.

Arnust

Savant
Most of them are trivial with Limbo, too. Except the one that needs wall grabbing, I still have no clue how that one's supposed to work.

Damned Registrations

That one is kinda a pain due to camera angles being shit, but it's not that hard once you've done it a couple times, and it's always the exact same pattern. You just jump from panel to panel without hitting a laser.

Also, I forgot the lightning hallway too. Fuck that thing, I fuck it up half the time. I used to just use iron skin and run along the floor before they nerfed the fuck out of it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What's really shitty is how DE handles catalysts/reactors. I must've spent like 100 plat on them so far since the only way you can get them is apparently sorties (unlocked by the last junction in the game), alerts (been playing for about 3 weeks FREQUENTLY and never seen one) and battle pays (also never seen one). Plus it takes 12h to build. Formas are bad too, the bps are plentiful but they also take 12h to cook and you need dozens of them. Sad!

Gerrard

Arcane
alerts (been playing for about 3 weeks FREQUENTLY and never seen one) and battle pays (also never seen one)
You weren't looking hard enough. There even was a devstream 24h alert last week.
Get the phone app with notifications or use one of the tracking sites that people made.
j18NOf8.png

Also I hope you're not putting a catalyst on every weapon.

Arnust

Savant
They're not excessively rare once you get to do Sorties.i do really struggle with the weapon boosters, for Warframes I got like 10 spare for some reason.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
20 plat is a pretty low investment anyway if you don't get careless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom