Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The only thing I generally play in pug groups is Interception (of course, clan/friends don't count as groups, but when I do relics I prefer it like that so the loot stays in-house; forma survival is naturally solo since that can go on for 60 minutes or more). I only do Eidolons extremely rarely because I find them both extremely boring and filled with annoying busywork (also because I have all unbinds done, traded for the frame arcanes I wanted, twerp survival arcanes, and a strong amp). They really should just axe the Lure thing, it's a load of bullshit that adds nothing to the fight except an extra hassle of keeping them fed and then healed up. Secondmost important thing to fix would be to remove day night cycle from the Plains and just have a day instance and a night instance because the cycle is also just another case of annoyance that serves no purpose but dickery. After those they could focus on making the fights more interesting when all the plain stupidity has been excised. I used some shards to get some Focus points, and I've come to regret every one of those shards I used for that.

Also at 30 minutes I'll have comfortably soloed myself a full helping of Focus daily limit, so I wouldn't put down the effort to go through the Eidolon hassle. Really, my advice to everyone with regards to the Eidolons is just to only do the bare minimum you have to (meaning unbinds and probably tier 3 or 4 at Quills plus some stuff from them) because it's just such a slog.

EDIT: That does remind me though, I could slap some five or so formas on Lanka to have something to level (I rarely use sniper rifles; I've only slapped on full formas on Rubicon and Vectis Prime due to possible Sortie conditions)...

Vaarna_Aarne

Doesn't matter to me if they don't, my daily limit is big enough that I can just calmly wait for the next day instead and chill. Heck, I figure even the base limit of 250,000 is enough to just kick back and chill after filling the daily limit efficiently.

Gerrard

Arcane
If you're not doing eidolons then there's absolutely no point in grinding for the unbound passives, except maybe the dash one, they only affect your potato.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Pick up the orb, the incoming XP you earn along with shared XP earn from team within range goes towards focus during the time limit. Repeat with each orb pickup. Low hundreds is crumbs, do you have a good prime or faction weapon yet (on that fits your play style too of course)? Unless somethings changed one of the best places to grind focus/xp is on Senda - Hydron (due to higher level of enemy and the small size of map insures that full team will be within sharing range). Sanctuary Onslaught is pretty good for focus too but I haven't done much of that.

*My diligence in starting this post and finishing it was late enough for a new page.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Guise how's the damn chat supposed to work? From what I read the active tab should pop up whenever someone writes smth. But my squad tab never pops up in missions. I keep "ignoring" my squadmates coz I never see what they write, unless I manually press T now and then. So what gives?

Also I desperately need Neo V7 radshare (Valkyr Chassis), I got 4 or those bitches and the recruitment chat isn't interested in them, been trying on and off all day. Can we put together a group for four quick runs, that is if you have V7s.

Vaarna_Aarne

If there's a way to make the chat not fade out after a while, I'd be down for that info too.

Anyway, as far as me running, depends entirely on the time. I usually do my framing around the time the sortie cycles.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
But 99% of the time, you get junk (which means some ~400 Endo). At least Endo/Ayatan is always a tangible gain.

I suppose I just feel like getting excited over a Riven reward is counting your chickens before they hatch.

I know what you mean now. After some rerolls with my hard won kuva I almost always get shitty stats like faction specific damage or magazine clip. Almost feel like the "RNG" prioritizes those.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So for the past few days I'm trying to figure out this - for high-level grineer runs my corrosive Ignis Wraith is doing great against most mobs but then there are the occasional Noxes, Napalms, Eviscerators or bosses and I need a secondary that can reliably nuke a single target alloy armored mob with.

I've tried Nukor (rad damage), cold Destreza (high-puncture) and Marelok (just high-single target dmg) but I'm not excited about neither of those. What is a good setup for this

Vaarna_Aarne

My go-to Kill That Thing secondary is Euphona Prime in crit spec. But by the sound of it, what you want is a weapon that can do rapid fire at a relatively long range while killing fast. You could give Akstiletto Prime or Synoid Gammacor a spin, or if you want to try out a chain weapon Atomos.

Another alternative could be using a high stat chance secondary as the corrosive proc armor stripper and instead have damage provided by a higher damage primary like Arca Plasmor.

When it comes to melee, what you want is a weapon that can ignore knockdowns mid-combo (ie, Great Blades). After that, basics are to have Life Strike for melee-tanking with Rage and if crit chance is over 15% to use Blood Rush. My own go-to tends to be Galatine Prime with Tempo Royale stance using a Blood Rush toxin build (with enough combo counter the damage can get crazy enough to just brute force high armor enemies in short order).

Then it comes to Noxes tho, all you can really do is just aim for the head if you don't want to stunlock chip them to death with melee. They don't actually have armor as the primary damage reduction element, aside from their head they simply have a non-standard damage reduction (almost like a damage cap really) on how much damage you can do even before anything else is factored in. The damage reduction they have even resists finishers without any effect.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Akstiletto, Synoid Gammacor and Galatine Prime are three weapons I have on top of my list but I still miss 4 parts for Akstilleto, it'll be a while before I grind up Suda (currently -44k womp womp) and Galatine is vaulted, prolly gotta dump plat into it.

Also I don't need corrosive, I have my corrosive Ignis, and also it's good for Ferrite armor (low to mid-level Grineer), I need radiation for Alloy armor (high-level busters), at least wiki says so.

Didn't know that about Noxes, there are even more annoying than I thought then.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Been playing this for awhile now. Pretty addicting. Currently I'm running Mirage Prime with Drakgoon and it's pretty insane. Researching Arca Plasmor and Lenz in my clan to fuck around with that, should be fun.

Sometimes I need to take breaks because of how grindy this game is, but have to give the developers credit for making a f2p game that you can play without spending any money whatsoever.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I was wondering if the Galatine was vaulted after during the relic mission I ran yesterday the team all jumped like flies to honey on the common part that dropped from my relic. I've switched from a variety of preferred secondary weapons ending up with Akstilleto as my go-to.

cvv If I can get around to meeting up with you in game I'll set you up with a some knickknacks.

Arnust

Savant
On Radiation weapons, btw. Keep an eye out for the Mara Detron if Baro has it on his inventory, it's pretty heckin' sweet. Why would you *not* use a handheld killer toaster?

Arnust

Savant
I wonder, has anyone else got some autofire hotkey for Warframe? I've realized that i have a lot of weapons that I can't possibly click fast enough to get the most out of them, like the aforementioned Mara Detron. If so, what do you do/which one do you use?

usually people bind another trigger on the mouse wheel.
i ignore those weapons, you either are doing an automatic wrong or can aim for another, more powerful, single shot weapon.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Guise I need help with a node. It's the LAST fucking node in the entire universe I need to complete but it's Kuva Fortress Archwing defence, yeah. Been checking for 2 days now, there are ZERO pubs and nobody from clan or recruit chat responds to requests. Obviously, I wouldn't rush to help some random dude with that one either due to how hated the archwing sequences are.

But if anyone is up for a quick 5 mins run plz give me a PM, I'm "KarlosCV".

EDIT: Praise for Gerrard who helped me with the Kuva Defence which turned out to be just a normal defence even though on the Star Chart it says it's archwing. Derp.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

It's sort of like Uranus/any other underwater lab tileset map, many Kurwa Fortress maps have possibility of using the Archwing (but these are so completely strange and random and lead to nowhere you probably won't even notice them compared to the water-filled tunnel sections in the aforementioned).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So first of all, why the fuck is everyone power levelling on Hydron? Helene on Saturn is SO much more efficient. Affinity gain per a grunt is maybe 50 less but the mobs are much easier to whack and since nobody ever brings anything good into those levelling nodes the kill time is WAY faster. AND you get orokin cells for days.

And second, finally got my hands on Zephyr, I love all his abilities but not sure about his passive. So far I p. much hate it. Is it considered good? His fall movement is way too floaty and slow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom