Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena, the W40k MOBA

Destroid

Arcane
Start sending letters to Inxile and Obsidian demanding they try to get the licence for a Warhammer game.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I think there should be a RPG where you play as an ork.
I would totally fund that. Provided its not shit.

It would be lulz. So much lulz.

Your stats would be Strength, Toughness and Speed, and they would only go from 1-3. Any stat raised higher would change to "LOTS!"

There would be no health bar, and no hit points. How close you are to death is shown by the amount of green blood on-screen.

Diplomacy would, quite literally, be a whack-a-mole minigame as you beat sense into anyone who disagrees with you.

Here is your equipment screen:

Choppa.jpg

Keep in mind that in true GW fashion, there are pricetags on every item and every variation.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I think there should be a RPG where you play as an ork.
I would totally fund that. Provided its not shit.

It would be lulz. So much lulz.

Your stats would be Strength, Toughness and Speed, and they would only go from 1-3. Any stat raised higher would change to "LOTS!"

There would be no health bar, and no hit points. How close you are to death is shown by the amount of green blood on-screen.

Diplomacy would, quite literally, be a whack-a-mole minigame as you beat sense into anyone who disagrees with you.

Here is your equipment screen:

Choppa.jpg

Keep in mind that in true GW fashion, there are pricetags on every item and every variation.

I would play the shit out of that game:takemyjewgold:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
At this point we should strive to acquire the Warhammer license. We'll make a game for ourselves, the game this franchise doesn't need, but the one it deserves.

At this point we should strive to acquire the Warhammer license and make sure noone makes any games whatsoever. Let the dead rest in peace.

exe

Augur
It's like Dawn of War developers made a pact with Chaos; in exchange for a good game, all other W40k games afterwards have to be shit.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
And they live on forever as the only devs capable of making a passable 40k game. Just as Tzeentch planned!

Maschtervoz

Learned
If I sacrifice my neighbors to the Chaos gods, will shit 40k games stop coming out and can we get a Dark Heresy RPG? This MOBA crap is beyond embarrassing even considering all the dubious 40k shovelware we've been subjected to recently.

MrContinuity

Learned
Breaking my lurker silence to signal my utter contempt and hatred for this game. It's not enough the most recent 40k game was a facebook-esque game for ipads, now the 40k license further sullies itself by being a moba?

:rage:

Fuck there is such great potential in this license and it can be taken in all sorts of directions, I'd even settle for a bioware style 40k rpg (100% serious here, I don't care if it results in gay romanceable space marines), Emperor protect my soul. But this.. Who the fuck thinks a 40k moba is a good idea?

I can see it now, space marines on same team as orks teaming up vs a necron/eldar/chaos alliance, with space marine captains in terminator armor getting 1 shotted by adc carries late game.

Fuck this day, wake up to hear Spock died and now this?

:what:

:negative:

Sounds like you haven't heard that Black Templars and Necrons can be allies.

Absolutely_heretical_newscast.jpg

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
It's like Dawn of War developers made a pact with Chaos; in exchange for a good game, all other W40k games afterwards have to be shit.
Nan, making it a RTS, opened the floodgates of all sort of gamist shit. A MOBA is just a logical conclusion of it.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The game will release on Steam Early Access on December 9. Judging their forums, the current non-Steam EA appears to be not overly populated, I haven't tried it myself though, because MOBA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom