Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Warhammer 40,000 RPG license aquired by Ulisses NA

Andhaira

Arcane
The same bros who are publishing the fantastic, translated The Dark Eye 5e RPG. Only problem is they don't seem to be continuing the same RPG system used by FFG in Dark Hersey 1 & 2...I was a fan of the career based system. The books were very pretty also, though far too dense.

WARHAMMER 40,000 ROLEPLAY to be developed by Ulisses North America
LAS VEGAS, NV – AUGUST 11, 2017 – US game publisher Ulisses North America announced today it has been granted the publishing rights to the Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay product line from UK miniatures company Games Workshop. Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay is the RPG product line associated with Games Workshop’s highly successful Warhammer 40,000 tabletop miniatures game.

“Acquiring the Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay game is a tremendous step forward for Ulisses North America,” says UNA Studio Director Timothy Brown, “one that boldly complements our existing The Dark Eye, Torg Eternity, and Fading Suns roleplaying games. It underscores our commitment to quality RPG game worlds and products going forward. Warhammer 40,000 is a personal favorite of mine, one I’ve followed from its beginnings, and for me, to carry it forward as its universe further evolves, is fan-boyishly exciting.”

Ross Watson, who will be taking the role of Product Line Developer for Ulisses North America, says, “I’m incredibly excited to be helming Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay for Ulisses North America. This is a fantastic opportunity to re-visit a setting I know and care about a great deal. I’m honored to be leading the charge with this game, and it is thrilling to design an RPG to bring people into the grim darkness of the far future.”

“Being entrusted by Games Workshop to develop the new Warhammer 40,000 RPG is a tremendous honor for us,” says UNA CEO Markus Plötz. “I have been dreaming of this opportunity since the day I picked up the original Rogue Trader rule book. Combining the knowledge and ability of Ross Watson as the lead designer, Ulisses’ experience in publishing high quality RPGs, and the phenomenal Warhammer 40,000 universe can only result in a premium game. We want to make this the game the fans have always been looking for.”

FOR MORE INFORMATION FROM ULISSES NORTH AMERICA CONTACT:

Markus Plotz, CEO, Ulisses North America, feedback@ulisses-spiele.de, 0049 (0) 60 87 / 9 88 70 0

ABOUT ULISSES NORTH AMERICA

Ulisses North America publishes The Dark Eye and Torg Eternity roleplaying games and the Aventuria Adventure Card Game. It has also acquired the licence to the award-winning Fading Suns RPG, with a new product line currently under development.

ABOUT GAMES WORKSHOP

Games Workshop® Group PLC (LSE:GAW.L), based in Nottingham, UK, produces the best fantasy miniatures in the world. Games Workshop designs, manufactures, retails, and distributes its range of Warhammer®: Age of Sigmar® and Warhammer® 40,000® games, miniature soldiers, novels and model kits through more than 450 of its own stores (branded Games Workshop® or Warhammer®), the www.games-workshop.com web store and independent retail channels in more than 50 countries worldwide. More information about Games Workshop and its other, related, brands and product ranges (including our publishing division ‘Black Library’ and our special resin miniatures studio ‘Forge World’) can be found at www.games-workshop.com.

http://www.ulisses-us.com/warhammer-40000-roleplay-to-be-developed-by-ulisses-north-america/

Darth Roxor

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
And in related news:
In Development: Wrath & Glory for Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay
The time has come once again to step into the grim darkness of the 41st millennium!

Roleplaying game company Ulisses North America have acquired the Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay licence and would like to announce their first product line, Wrath & Glory.

Ross Watson has been tapped to develop this new product line for Ulisses North America. Watson is best known for his role as lead developer for Rogue Trader and Deathwatch, as well as his numerous contributions to other Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay products. He is very experienced with the world and the game in all its incarnations.

RossWatson.png

Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay: Wrath & Glory is a roleplaying game set in the universe of Games Workshop’s Warhammer 40,000. The setting is a dark, Gothic future where the galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset by horrific threats and endless war. In Wrath & Glory, players join to tell stories of mystery, action, and terror amongst the bloodstained stars. You may take on the roles of characters fighting against the tide of corruption sweeping the galaxy, struggling to keep alive a glimmer of hope as others revel in the consuming flames.

Wrath & Glory launches in 2018 with the Wrath & Glory Core Rulebook. Inside are rules for character creation, task resolution, combat, and other activities your character may employ as they explore the grim darkness of the far future. In Wrath & Glory, your characters glimpse the grime on the cherub’s wings, the hint of regret in the Radical’s eyes, and confront their own worst fears in the Harlequin’s mask.

Ulisses North America will hold a seminar at Gen Con 2017, where Ross Watson will discuss further details about the game and the products that are in development. If you can’t make it to Indianapolis, there will be video of the seminar available afterwards.

In anticipation of this release, Ulisses North America have launched a teaser website that includes a few Frequently Asked Questions, as well as a link to the Gen Con seminar. You can also read the official press release here.

If you want all the details about these new RPG products as soon as they are available, you can sign up for a mailing list specifically for Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay.

In the meantime, if you are eager to revisit previous Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay products such as Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, and Deathwatch, they will be available soon on DriveThruRPG!

More specifically:
How is it related to the 8th edition of the tabletop miniatures game Warhammer 40,000?
The events that are occurring in the Dark Imperium of Warhammer 40,000 8th edition forms the central backdrop for Wrath & Glory. Characters adventuring into the Dark Imperium witness firsthand the dire threat that the Great Rift brings to the galaxy.

What does it have to do with the FFG RPGs?
Wrath & Glory is an entirely separate game line from Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, and the other RPGs developed by Fantasy Flight Games.

What system does Wrath & Glory use?
Wrath & Glory has a brand-new game system involving dice pools of d6s to represent your character’s abilities. The game focuses on highlighting brutal combat, fast action, and a deep immersion into the setting of the 41st Millennium.

What is the focus of Wrath & Glory’s game line?
Wrath & Glory allows players to take on the roles of characters from the Warhammer 40,000 setting, including intrepid agents of the Imperium of Man and even some of the classic alien races that populate the galaxy.

D6 dice pool, neu40k story and man joining up with aliens :killit:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Unsure how this could pan out. If the rules are good but the story elements shit then fuck it go with the old background stuff or create your own shit. Galaxy is huge enough for this.

Hell, I'm working on a background for a ton of stuff in a sector and a few areas of vast unclaimed space for the eventual rogue trader game our online codex based group will eventually play after we finish pathfinder.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
They said old books (PDFs) will be on sale. Maybe they will have print on demand? I need that RT book.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I have the pdfs of just about everything if you want. Overall, it's good stuff, and I came up with a few new weapon qualities for my eventual campaign:
Deflagrate
Fleshbane
Rad-Phage
and one or two others.
The books are probably best used for that sort of thing as a combined effort to get every single possible weapon quality there is available. Can never have too much for archaeotech.
Also, more than a single example of archaeotech laspistols do I have.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom