Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Online private server (Return of Reckoning)

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Alright, I made a Warrior Priest.

Edit: Character name...Maculo (very original)

Edit2: I am pleasantly surprised thus far. I have a War Priest of Sigmar (Maculo) at level 10. I think I will go healslut/wrath build on it.

Last edited:

A horse of course

Alright, I have a witch hunter at level 40 (but RP level 21 or something terrible) on Order, so feel free to add her to friends. I shouls be on in a few hours.

A horse of course

Just a warning that there's some kind of bug related to logging in or loading Altdorf atm

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I am on now, but I have to leave shortly.

This search feature...went to search all Archmages and got Ironbreakers.

Kaldurenik, what is your character name?

A horse of course

Search is a bit weird. Try adding me on steam (I launch RoRLauncher with it) as werehat

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I am having a good time, but my one complaint is how much you need to grind to level at certain points. Granted, you can queue for scenarios, but that can take time. The pvp is worth it though.

Are you guys going to be on during the week at all? We can grind PQs and scenarios.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
So that's a Warrior Priest, Witch Hunter, and Archmage?

Time to roll more melee Deeps then ;)

JK I'll most likely play an Ironbreaker. Smash faces with Maculo. You guys can probably go a bit DPS since we have two healers. Kald (and I) would need to keep an eye on Ed because a Warrior Priest doesn't have time to look around, plus I believe WP are more like AOE healing. No to KotBS because I sure as hell do not want to aura twyst, and more than one elf is ghey even though the SM/BO mechanic sounds fun.

My IB: "Manghuz"

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Will add you tonight.

I hear conflicting things about WP. Some say I should stick back and heal (what I do anyway), while others say I need to take full advantage of divine assault as a primary heal, which requires melee range.

Also, can you reset your specialization points (i.e., similar to respecs in WoW)? I want to go salvation for the AoE heal, but with the remaining points I do not know whether to go Grace (defense) or Wrath (damage).

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Will add you tonight.

I hear conflicting things about WP. Some say I should stick back and heal (what I do anyway), while others say I need to take full advantage of divine assault as a primary heal, which requires melee range.

Also, can you reset your specialization points (i.e., similar to respecs in WoW)? I want to go salvation for the AoE heal, but with the remaining points I do not know whether to go Grace (defense) or Wrath (damage).
Huh, I don't get it. Don't you have to be IN melee to get divine power (or whatever) that you spend to heal? Or do you mean going in and out of the melee, healing afterwards. Now it's been a looong time since I played a WP/DoK but aren't your main heals melee AOE, and often procs? I may be confusing it with the very similar and very awesome Bear Shaman from Age of Conan.

Pretty sure you can respec.

Anyways: http://www.ror.builders/

A horse of course

I don't have time to play during the week (until mid/late June), so feel free to go ahead and I'll lend a hand with levelling and stuff at weekends.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Okay I see heals that go up to 100 foot range.. however they are based on your current position. PBAOE. Which means you're, well, not going to be able to sit back, you'll need to be somewhat mid-range.

In any case you could decide based on party composition. Given that we have an Archmage, and I can give you Oathfriend as an Ironbreaker (Ed will die before I can even give it to him lol), you'd probably be best in melee. I'll be taking half your damage and you'd be proccing heals in melee. And you're armored enough so that I can step away and assist the AM if necessary. "If necessary" are key words since we'd have two healers and you wouldn't need to target Kald to heal him anyway.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I don't have time to play during the week (until mid/late June), so feel free to go ahead and I'll lend a hand with levelling and stuff at weekends.
Will just be a bit of getting used to for me, I played plenty back in the day, so I can offer advice/help/etc. Should probably make Steam friends so we know when to get on.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Will add you tonight.

Huh, I don't get it. Don't you have to be IN melee to get divine power (or whatever) that you spend to heal? Or do you mean going in and out of the melee, healing afterwards. Now it's been a looong time since I played a WP/DoK but aren't your main heals melee AOE, and often procs? I may be confusing it with the very similar and very awesome Bear Shaman from Age of Conan.

Not necessarily, I can spam the ranged spell Judgment to build Divine Fury or equip off-hand tomes that passively generate Divine Fury. Plus, Smite has a medium range and it builds fury. Therefore, I am not totally restricted to being in melee range at all times. Sitting in range is an option if I am being focused down too much. Now, Divine Assault is a channeled melee attack (you swing four (4) times in three (3) seconds) that heals my focus target for 350% of the damage of each swing. This is a great heal as far as I can, but I have to be in melee range to use it Hence, I am worried about survivability.

For now, I would like to run a build akin to this: http://www.ror.builders/career/warr...C=15&m1=0&m2=0&m3=0&m4=0&ma=&t=4160,4187,4189

My reasoning is that this should allow me to contribute decent damage and pull off strong Divine Assault healing. If I am too squishy, I would need to switch to a Salvation/Grace build to be tankier.

Edit: I am not trying to over think it, especially this soon, but it seems WP is either a shitty healer or a shitty DPS if you do not play your cards right.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Will add you tonight.

Not necessarily, I can spam the ranged spell Judgment to build Divine Fury or equip off-hand tomes that passively generate Divine Fury. Plus, Smite has a medium range and it builds fury. Therefore, I am not totally restricted to being in melee range at all times. Sitting in range is an option if I am being focused down too much. Now, Divine Assault is a channeled melee attack (you swing four (4) times in three (3) seconds) that heals my focus target for 350% of the damage of each swing. This is a great heal as far as I can, but I have to be in melee range to use it Hence, I am worried about survivability.

For now, I would like to run a build akin to this: http://www.ror.builders/career/warr...C=15&m1=0&m2=0&m3=0&m4=0&ma=&t=4160,4187,4189

My reasoning is that this should allow me to contribute decent damage and pull off strong Divine Assault healing. If I am too squishy, I would need to switch to a Salvation/Grace build to be tankier.
Lol. The Warrior Priest is a survivable, well-armored, maul-swinging character who heals himself and everybody else. You're the closest thing to a tank in terms of survivability.

You are a fucking Warrior Priest of SIGMAR.

With a tank next to you taking, taking half the damage intended for you, the only thing you should be worried about is lack of deeps. Vice versa, if you're far from me, then you should start worrying about your survivability because you're losing everything a tank brings you. Most likely, I'll be guarding the Archmage since he's doing more damage (and again because Ed will be dead before I get to him).

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Sitting in range is an option if I am being focused down too much.
Implying sitting in range protects you from being focused on lol. I can't kill anyone without DPS support. Ed may kill one.

Edit: Look at your core abilities and morales and notice how none of them buff ranged damage. And that the healing tree's 2nd from the top ability is a measly 30ft pbaoe.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Lol. The Warrior Priest is a survivable, well-armored, maul-swinging character who heals himself and everybody else. You're the closest thing to a tank in terms of survivability.

You are a fucking Warrior Priest of SIGMAR.

With a tank next to you taking, taking half the damage intended for you, the only thing you should be worried about is lack of deeps. Vice versa, if you're far from me, then you should start worrying about your survivability because you're losing everything a tank brings you. Most likely, I'll be guarding the Archmage since he's doing more damage (and again because Ed will be dead before I get to him).
Good to know, that was my assumption, but I barely read the balance/meta before starting a character (how could I ignore Warrior Priest of Sigmar).

In my experience, book-wielding Warrior Priests (along with DOKs) were arguably better 'pure' healers, as well, since their group heal took 2.5 seconds to cast as opposed to the 3 second group heal that Runepriests and Archmages had.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
In my experience, book-wielding Warrior Priests (along with DOKs) were arguably better 'pure' healers, as well, since their group heal took 2.5 seconds to cast as opposed to the 3 second group heal that Runepriests and Archmages had.
Except unless one has a 6-man group, one don't want a "pure" anything except a tank. Especially with an Archmage partner... Being a pure healer means the Archmage needs to be pure dps. However, it's a lot easier to maintain a tanking/guarded duo when they are close to one another rather than standing at the brink of guard range.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom