Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Online private server (Return of Reckoning)

A horse of course

:hmmm:

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well at the moment i'm slowly increasing my level but if someone wants to play just send me a message in game

SmartCheetah

Arcane
So, I'm downloading this now. What side should I play on? Which class is newbie friendly?
When I played WoW I was used to stunlock rogue(back in vanilla days), mages and paladins. In Guild Wars2 it was a Thief, Mesmer and Guardian.
What would work for me then?

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
You can create characters for both factions however most people here are order right now. Not sure what class you should play, do you want to play a tank, mdps, rdps?

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I'd rather play one of the DPS classes. Doesn't matter if it's ranged or melee. I'm not fond of elves and dwarves tho'

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Well Bright Wizard is the class with most overall damage, but they can blowup, They are ranged dps / Aoe, While Witch Hunter is a melee / close range dps, both are fine overall

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
So, I'm downloading this now. What side should I play on? Which class is newbie friendly?
When I played WoW I was used to stunlock rogue(back in vanilla days), mages and paladins. In Guild Wars2 it was a Thief, Mesmer and Guardian.
What would work for me then?
From your examples, I would think Witcher Hunter (which we already have with Ed), Bright Wizard, or White Lion. I hear good things about White Lion, but I think Mangoose could provide some clarity.

Well at the moment i'm slowly increasing my level but if someone wants to play just send me a message in game

I am at level 17 on my WP. I tried questing, but I found grinding mobs and PQs faster. If I see you on tonight, let's grind.

Last edited:

A horse of course

I have a Black Orc on Destro already. I don't mind making a character just to level with people for fun or w/e but I can only play at weekends atm

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I'd rather play one of the DPS classes. Doesn't matter if it's ranged or melee. I'm not fond of elves and dwarves tho'
Well problem is that the two human DPS are the most glass cannon DPS. And we already have one of them. Not sure if our party makeup could keep you and/or Ed alive. Nothing keeps Witch Hunters alive lol. And we don't have someone to harass (CC/punt/snare/etc.) melee DPS coming after you and Kald. Ed doesn't count.

However you could go Witch Hunter and double gank with Ed lol. But "stealth" classes in WAR are not the same as the Rogue in WoW, because stealth has a limited duration.

Or you could go the two-handed "DPS" route of the Knight of the Blazing Sun (tank class). I dunno how good dps-tree-tank is though. I don't think DPS Warrior level but perhaps DPS Paladin? Ed123 do you know?

The other races' DPS are actually survivable lol.

TLDR Ed fucked things up by picking shittiest class

A horse of course

u wot

IDJIxhK.jpg

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Two handed knight of the blazing sun sounds like something for me. Maybe it won't suck that hard.

So, what should I do first? I've made a testing character to check out how the first few levels play out. Should I hang out and finish those first quests until rank 10, or do something way different? What's the optimal way?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Personally, I would grind Public Quests with a group. My reasoning is that you gain a lot of XP just killing certain mobs, and the XP rewards from the quests themselves often are sparse (some quests do give gear though).

Just last night, I stopped questing and just killed mobs in a certain location. I gained a quick level from killing 3 mobs at a time. It was tedious, but not more so than the quests and the time it took to travel across the map.

Edit: I also would check out the forums. There are threads on build advice and classes. I found one for Knights of the Blazing Suns that discusses DPS builds (I think).
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11360

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
eh i'm 18 now and i'm in the troll country oh i forgot to mention i'm in Sweden but i have nothing to do now so i can be online all time... so from now to... whenever the next 10 hours?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Perfect, I will hit you up once I get home (within the next 4 hours).

A horse of course

Grinding PQs as a gruppen is definitely the way to go, as not only can you level breddy quickly, building influence with the Rally Masters for the corresponding chapters offers very good gear for your level. Make sure you check the sticky in the RoR General Discussion forums to see which PQs are actually working, though.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16052

Last edited by a moderator:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
There is no optimal way, it's a faction vs faction PVP (RVR) game. Just play the damn game. Play scenarios and PVP to gain levels would be the optimal way to play this game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Oh wow, I better read through this..

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8768

Changes from Live: Careers said:
Dwarfs

Slayer

Fixes:
  • Inevitable Doom is an Ailment instead of Damaging
Changes:
  • Spellbreaker removes a shield first and deals damage second
  • Reckless Gamble triggers on every hit of AoE attacks

Engineer

Changes:
  • Improvised Upgrades stacks 8 times instead of 5, increases damage output by 5% per stack instead of 4%, and extends the Engineer's range and that of his turret by 3.125% per stack.
  • If a turret is destroyed or recreated (but not resummoned), 4 stacks of Improvised Upgrades will be lost.
  • Snipe is a 13 point mastery skill with a cooldown of 5 seconds.
  • Land Mine staggers for 5 seconds

Runepriest

Changes:
  • Rune of Mending can be cast on the move

Empire

KotBS

Changes:
  • It is no longer necessary to twist auras
  • The tactic "Destroy Confidence" is no longer available
  • The tactic "Encouraged Aim" will not function without a great weapon equipped
  • The tactic "Dirty Tricks" will increase critical hit chance by 5% instead of 10%
  • The tactic "Bellow Commands" is now implemented as +15 AP Regen Per Second (as from items, so it is blocked when the player is not naturally regenerating AP

Warrior Priest

Changes:
  • Intimidating Repent requires a great weapon to work.
  • The group cleansing tactic Cleansing Power will no longer cause the cleanse to be untargeted, and it will cleanse either your groupmates or yourself, but not both.
  • Hammer of Sigmar inflicts 20-150 base damage and 53-399 improved damage, and will always critically hit when improved.

High Elves

Swordmaster

Changes:
  • Crashing Wave is available at 9pts in Vaul
  • Phoenix's Wing no longer requires a target
  • Phoenix's Wing inflicts Spirit damage

White Lion

Changes:
  • Pounce's cooldown is 10 seconds, and it will no longer work in the air. Pounce will grant a 3 second 35% speed boost to the White Lion when they land, and this boost will be removed if the White Lion uses any ability.

Shadow Warrior

Changes:
  • Leading Shots improves groupmates' critical hit rates by 8% instead of 15%

Archmage

Changes:
  • Healing Energy can be cast while moving
  • Energy of Vaul will heal the group
  • Drain Magic steals 20 AP every second rather than 60 AP every 3 seconds.
  • Magical Infusion increases the value of heals on the target by 25%
  • Shield of Saphery can be cast on anyone instead of within party/warband (client side issue forces this, ability lights up on all targets even if they are out of warband)

Greenskins

Black Orc

Changes:
  • Down Ya Go is available at 9pts in Toughest

Choppa

Changes:
  • Don' Wanna Live Forever is available at rank 15 in place of Don't Hate Da Choppa
  • Hurtin' Time triggers on every hit of an AoE

Squig Herder

Changes:
  • The Horned Squig gains stat contribution from your Ballistic Skill instead of your Strength

Shaman

Changes:
  • Gork'll Fix It can be cast on the move
  • Fury of Da Green will heal the group
  • Shrug It Off increases the value of heals on the target by 25%
  • Yer Not So Bad steals 20 AP every second rather than 60 AP every 3 seconds.
  • Don' Feel Nuthin' can be cast on anyone instead of within party/warband (client side issue forces this, ability lights up on all targets even if they are out of warband)

Chaos

Chosen

Changes:
  • It is no longer necessary to twist auras
  • The tactic "Power From The Gods" is now implemented as +15 AP Regen Per Second (as from items, so it is blocked when the player is not naturally regenerating AP

Magus

Changes:
  • Unholy Empowerment stacks 8 times instead of 5, increases damage output by 5% per stack instead of 4%, and extends the Magus' range, and that of their daemon by 5% per stack.
  • If a daemon is banished or resummoned using the base Summon Daemon skill (but not moved using the Resummon ability), 4 stacks of Unholy Empowerment will be lost.
  • Bolt of Change is a 13 point mastery skill with a cooldown of 5 seconds.
  • Daemonic Infestation staggers for 5 seconds

Marauder

Changes:
  • The tactic "Deadly Clutch" will no longer affect heals which do not run through heal handlers. In practice, this means that any heal not affected by heal debuffing effects (lifetaps, potions and Morale heals) will not be affected by Deadly Clutch.

Zealot

Changes:
  • Dark Medicine will cast on the move

Blackguard

Reordered the Path of Loathing:

• 13pts: None Shall Pass
  • 11pts: Feeding on Hate
  • 9pts: Wave of Scorn
  • 7pts: Anger Drives Me
  • 5pts: Force of Fury

Disciple of Khaine

Changes:
  • Terrifying Aura requires two swords to work.
  • The group cleansing tactic Efficient Patching will cleanse either your groupmates or yourself, but not both.
  • Wracking Agony inflicts 20-150 base damage and 53-399 improved damage, and will always critically hit when improved.
No aura twisting... That means I wouldn't mind going KotBS tank either. Gotta tryem all out I guess.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I went tank as those harder mobs were fucking me up in PvE. For now I'm trying to finish first chapters influence bars doing mostly Public Quests (and sometimes normal ones as well), currently level 8. Travelling is tedious AF. Especially on the starting mule.
Still dunno how to join scenarios. Also - equivalent of WoW talents - when will I get something like this?

Other then that, I'm liking the game. My IG handle is Smartcheetah

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
At the compass there is a small icon on the top left (unless you have changed the ui), if you click on it you can join scenarios.

Talents are level 11 if i remember right and you need to go to a trainer at that point.

Each time you rank up renown you can also spend some points.

What class are you going with?

Also sorry maculo but i waited for a bit but you did not return so i went to bed.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Kaldurenik sorry about last night. My internet hit a wall and I could not get back on the server.

I really need to work on my gear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom