Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide AKA Left 4 Dead with Skaven

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Fantasy.
Medieval.
Shooer.
WUT?
http://www.vermintide.com/
B9BzkhiIAAAYLHC.jpg
B9BzkllIMAAJQ8k.jpg
B9BzklWIUAEj4Ia.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Instead of having rats in just the starting dungeon, they're having rats everywhere BUT in the starting dungeon.

Chitter-chitter squeak this! *grabs tail*

(Those glowing red eyes are ugly, BTW.)

Gerrard

Arcane
Instead of having rats in just the starting dungeon, they're having rats everywhere BUT in the starting dungeon.

Chitter-chitter squeak this! *grabs tail*

(Those glowing red eyes are ugly, BTW.)
Ever since we came here all I hear is "Skavens this, Skavens that". You'd think that there are Skavens waiting in every bush, but that's complete nonsense. Look, I'm walking into these bushes completely unarmed and I'm perfectly safe...

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ever since we came here all I hear is "Skavens this, Skavens that". You'd think that there are Skavens waiting in every bush, but that's complete nonsense. Look, I'm walking into these bushes completely unarmed and I'm perfectly safe...

*Deathmaster Snitch brofists your post*

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

i know where this is from :5/5:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I see no interest in playing a setting where GW pretty much killed everyone. Humans and others got extinct, two thirds of the armies scrapped. It's like playing Mass Effect 1 knowing what will happen in ME3

A horse of course

Warhammer: End Times Vermintide is a co-op first-person shooter and melee combat game due out for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at some point during the second half of 2015. It's made by Fatshark, the Swedish studio behind War of the Roses, Lead and Gold, and Krater.

Gameplay wise, five players get together to kill hordes of Skaven, Warhammer's rat-men, in the city of Ubersreik.

"Working together cooperatively, players must use their individual attributes to survive an apocalyptic invasion from hordes of relentless, power hungry Skaven, across a range of environments stretching from the top of the Magnus Tower to the bowels of the Under Empire," reads the official blurb.

In a post on the PlayStation blog, executive producer Martin Wahlund said the team had been developing Vermintide for the past two years.

"Having built titles like War of the Roses in the past has taught us a great deal about working with melee combat, and we are building Vermintide to be a first-person game that handles both ranged and melee combat in a viscerally impressive manner," he said.
"We always knew we wanted Vermintide to be a cooperative experience and have designed every aspect of the game to coincide with this vision. Everything from the loot system to the narrative is built to enhance the co-op. It's a game about surviving to the end with your friends."

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Online only forced multiplayer? No thank you. I'm too old to compete with 13yo Spehss Marine collectors.

Maschtervoz

Learned
Sounds like they wanted to make a coop zombieshit game, but were afraid they'd get called out for being unoriginal and just swapped the zombies for skaven instead. Also, everyone who uses the word "visceral" or its variations to describe their game is probably a hack.

ColCol

Arcane
So, is it going to be a co-op game similar to borderlands or left 4 dead? The loot statement makes me wonder. Hopefully it is the former.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So it's yet another zombie action game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom