Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warlight

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

Deleted member 11480

I feel this little gem should be much, much more popular so let me try to contribute for that:

http://warlight.net/

Warlight is pretty much a highly customizable browser based Risk for multiplayer. You can create/join matches with or without all kinds of cards and rulesets, private messages for all kinds of intrigues, alliances and Grima Wormtongue-style diplomacy and it has hundreds of awesome maps, not only the classic world map. Personally I love the interplanetary-themed maps, especially the legendary "3 planets", which was quite popular back in 2012 when I made my account:

5KQF1pm.png

God I had so much fun with this map, I still remember one particular match that had 12 players, FFA, that eventually turned into this massive war between two alliances that battled for the control of the red planet. When eventually one of the sides won, a major treason happened and 2 guys took control of the planet, leading to new alliances and proposals everywhere. It's just ridicuously fun to play and plot with the rest of the players.

I'm a loooong time fan of Risk and this is probably the best multiplayer version of it I've seen, not sure if Tabletop Simulator has a better Risk but for now I'm sticking with WL. I feel this is a game that most codexers will really enjoy playing so if you guys want to join me for some matches we'll probably have some great games.

So... do we have an alliance, bro?

Gadafi%2Bcon%2Bel%2Bactual%2BPresidente%2Bde%2BItalia%252C%2BGiorgio%2BNapolitano.jpg

This game is really good, been playing it on and off since beta way back in 2010. Like Spellcaster said, it's hugely customisable in terms of it's ruleset and has over a 1000 maps to choose from, almost all made by the community. Custom scenarios are easy to create for RP games and the like. High level scene is good too. Phase-based combat makes for an interesting change from most turn-based games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom