Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My bandwidth is as giant as my cook.
sdmithappychef_brown.jpg

Last edited:

imweasel

I dunno if it so wise to compare the bandwidth in that teeny tiny cable to the size of your cock. Just sayin'.

Downloading at 5MB/s here. :)

himmy

Arcane
Didn't try the EA for Wasteland 2, but I really hope, from the impressions I've heard around here, that they will pull a Larian, where the difference between even the final beta update and the release was tremendous, to the point that it was surprising on how much they improved stuff like pathfinding, stability and all sorts of stuff I didn't even realize could be bettered in the last push.

I liked D:OS throughout beta, but I was convinced it will be a (oh, so familiar) flawed gem, rather than the (largely) polished product it was released as. Come on, inXile! You can do it!

Cool update in character creation, can scale your avatar bigger or smaller, nice touch, might make it easier to tell rangers apart at a glance, appreciate the addition, saves me the trouble of scaling my rangers in the save files.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
INCLINE

INCLINE.jpg

90-120 FPS in the opening area

Granted this is at 1024x768, I don't have my other monitor plugged in, but it looks like the game is finally using the video card.

:greatjob:

There's a significant FPS drop during dialogue when the text is scrolling for some reason, which is very strange. Haven't checked out the inventory FPS yet either (which was the worst).

Cazzeris

The game looks much better than before, and it runs finer too. I also love the opening movie, which fits perfectly.

But the game lets you choose from much more portraits at earlier versions, where did they all go?

I also miss that rotating badge from the loading screen. I want it back at a bigger size.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
To me it (graphically) looks the same, there's still this strange glossy feeling from the overall graphics, probably due to post-processing. I would like some more options in the Graphics settings to turn stuff like that off.

I'm just uploading a video I made now to report a microstutter in the inventory screen, although I couldn't get the Bandicam FPS overlay to work on the video itself.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game lets you choose from much more portraits at earlier versions, where did they all go?
I haven't seen the update yet, but I'm going to guess that portraits may have been removed if they were assigned to important NPCs. Don't worry, I'm sure more are coming, and if not, there are always customs.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
all I want to know if the towns still pop up from the ground on the world map

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Untitled11.png

Here you have it folks!
When uploading this... picture, I marked it as "adult content" because no young minds should be subjected to such horror.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
I've played for 15 minutes and all of a sudden I had the urge to exit the hell out of this game. Those annoying radio conversations were a threat to my well being it seems.

There was some magical equipment, lucky rabbit's foot was all I remember.. The new patch added a lot of magic though..for some reason. :retarded:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think Chris Keenan has been Sawyerized. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom