Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

From W2 FB page:
We're running a contest with Coub, and we're kicking it off with one of our own! http://coub.com/view/2w68i

To join, just make your own Coub (10-second seamless looping video) themed around Wasteland 2 and tag it ‪#‎wasteland2‬! Use footage from the game or any other 80s or post-apocalyptic footage you feel represents the spirit of the game. We've got 10 Wasteland 2 keys here for the coolest Coub submissions!

Darkzone

Arcane
Ahh Great, now it will be even more easy as it already is. But people want this... so do it. At least i hope that inXile uses the real head to body ratio of 1/7 or 1/8 for the hit chance, at a human.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
the only thing that matters now is special death animation for head critz

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
the only thing that matters now is special death animation for head critz
We just got new sounds in for critical death animations... "bursting like a water balloon filled with pus" is what comes to mind.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
SURPRISE

Brian Fargo‏@BrianFargo
Some of you might be happy to know that we added a headshot mechanic to #Wasteland2. Now you can take that chance for the critical hit.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/895618
Take aimed shots: to do it right means it would have a real tactical impact, AI reactions to its usage, and a carefully balanced pro-cons system, rather than just "decrease to-hit chance to increase critical chance".
:lol:

FLIP FLOP

If he contributed a portrait and talked with Fargo then there may be a sweet incline working behind a scene! Who know what will be his next move? Maybe he will join for the 3rd InXile kickstarter and this is some kind of foreshadowing?

I can dream, can't I? :troll:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We got a press release that reveals the game's final price - 40 dollars, as expected.

The End is Nigh! Wasteland 2 Kicks Off Apocalypse on September 19

Newport Beach, California – August 21, 2014
– inXile entertainment is happy to announce the release date for its crowd funded post-apocalyptic cRPG Wasteland 2: it will be coming to digital and physical retailers September 19th!

Wasteland 2 was crowd funded on Kickstarter in early 2012 and has been in development since. The game's scope has only grown as CEO Brian Fargo put up his own money and used back catalogue and Early Access sales to double the initial budget to over $5 million.

"After more than 25 years, it is so exciting to finally deliver this game to our audience," says Mr. Fargo. "The project is so much bigger than originally planned but we wanted to over deliver with a massive game to show how wonderful crowd funding can be. Early response has been strong, we’re excited to get this final game out into the world.”

Wasteland 2 will be available for purchase through digital retailers for $40/€40/£30.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
40€?

The Ranger Edition costs the same then.

http://www.xtralife.es/pc-cd-rom/wasteland-2-ranger-edition/16688

40.99€

36.95€

It doesn't make any sense.

Deep Silver can sell the boxed game at whatever price they please. This is digital and is controlled solely by inXile.

But it doesn't make any sense.
Actually Inxile is probably not allowed to undercut Deep Silver by contract.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Key sellers will see to that.

(lowest price for Digital Deluxe is already €30.99)

BGMD

Learned
Adding headshots this close to release is probably going to do more harm than good to the already super easy combat.

Even on "Supreme Jerk"?
Isn't also leveling supposed to be considerably slower in full game?
I was able to get to my chars in 29-35 range, seems a bit excessive.

Also, just wondering if anybody knows...

...with what faction you can take down Rangers exactly? Or it's not in this build yet? Vargas sent bunch of death squads after me but thats about it. I was under impression that all Arizona content is in there, but I saw no one talking about this outcome so not sure if I messed something up or just not there.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Even on "Supreme Jerk"?
The only really difficult thing I've encountered are grenades. They are hilariously OP. 100% perfect accuracy, more damage than any gun, AoE, and high armor penetration. A single grenade landing can easily kill 4 rangers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Adding headshots this close to release is probably going to do more harm than good to the already super easy combat.

Even on "Supreme Jerk"?

Even on "Supreme Jerk"?
The only really difficult thing I've encountered are grenades. They are hilariously OP. 100% perfect accuracy, more damage than any gun, AoE, and high armor penetration. A single grenade landing can easily kill 4 rangers.

https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8006&p=115508#p115485

Brother None said:
A few points on difficulty: we're in a stage of doing big difficulty passes. By their nature, if you're doing them right, difficulty passes are massive efforts best placed at the very end of development. The beta is not representative of final balance, and our project lead Chris Keenan has been making the game more difficult. The opening sequence (radio tower to agcenter or highpool) is pretty representative of final difficulty but those are meant as tutorial sequences. Beyond those things will get more difficult. I schedule a weekend runthrough for myself to see how I like the new difficulty, I'll let you guys know.

Among things being changed include loot density and how easy the game is about giving out XP. We're also investigating beefing up Supreme Jerk specifically to be a nice "completely impossible"-esque difficulty level. I'm fond of the idea myself but no promises/specifics on that yet, just exploring it right now. But in general, big difficulty balance changes are being made.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Honestly I predict that it will have about as much effect as adding crouching. Basically nothing. Just something thrown in to appease the people screaming for a hit location system because they miss shooting the eyes in Fallout.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom