Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Perkel

Arcane
It would be lovely if game had destructible walls and buildings (i'm not talking about "cover things")

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
1000hp seems really bad when comapred to the characters' hit points in that screenshot. I mean, is the scorpion gonna do 2 damage per hit? Cause if it does reasonable damage the characetrs simply won't be able tog et hit. Or do the characters do lots more damage. HP bloat is awful. It was one of the worse things about DA2 9amongst other games). Dumb dumb.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
1000 hp sounds a bit absurd, considering the weapon's damage... I hope it isn't a gimmicky battle.
450 HP slicerdicers already exist in the beta. With the best weapons, it's not hard to to 60-100 damage per turn with a character.

Edit: bad math, SMG user does ~160 damage per turn. Sniper is doing ~80-120 depending on crits.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
1000hp seems really bad when comapred to the characters' hit points in that screenshot. I mean, is the scorpion gonna do 2 damage per hit? Cause if it does reasonable damage the characetrs simply won't be able tog et hit. Or do the characters do lots more damage. HP bloat is awful. It was one of the worse things about DA2 9amongst other games). Dumb dumb.
You've just discovered the magic of making game trailers!

That is... cheats save a lot of time. :oops:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
sea How much longer will it take to send out the Collector Editions? Is this due to having to get everyone to sign the boxes (which appears to be around 1500 of them)?
It's due to the pack-in extras being manufactured elsewhere and needing to be added to the existing boxes, which is not needed for the standard boxes. As for how long it'll be, I'm not sure on that one.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
sea How much longer will it take to send out the Collector Editions? Is this due to having to get everyone to sign the boxes (which appears to be around 1500 of them)?
It's due to the pack-in extras being manufactured elsewhere and needing to be added to the existing boxes, which is not needed for the standard boxes. As for how long it'll be, I'm not sure on that one.
Are all the same people still signing the box as stated on the KS?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dat 1000 HP Scorpitron.

wSFDj7R.jpg

Great! Let me get my proton axes.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I didnt back this but played some of the early beta and the latest builds and this looks simply awesome, everything from the ui to the performance seems to be right and I will get this as soon as it is available on gog

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yup, I had doubts too, but it looks to be shaping up into a fun playable... almost the opposite of PE which i actually did back (it'll probably be okay but nowhere near as good as I thought it would be)...

Lhynn

Arcane
Yup, I had doubts too, but it looks to be shaping up into a fun playable... almost the opposite of PE which i actually did back (it'll probably be okay but nowhere near as good as I thought it would be)...
Well, i doubt linear map design in the first part of the game has been fixed, which was arguably the biggest flaw of the game, that and the lack of originality (which seems to still be there).
Other than that the feel of the combat seems to have improved a lot but im not sure it will ever be good, we shall see.
I believe the trailer does an amazing job at showcasing the game tho, kudos to whomever made it.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
€45?

I know D:OS is only €5 cheaper, but in some weird way it sounds more appropriate and appetizing a price for that sort of game.

None of my concern, though.

Last edited:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Not yet! Since they don't give access to the game yet we won't distribute 'em until at release.

€45?

I know D:OS is only €5 cheaper, but in some weird way it sounds more appropriate and appetizing a price for that sort of game.

None of my concern, though.
It's the Digital Deluxe edition. The game's release price is $40/€40/35 GBP (same as D:OS)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cazzeris

Brother None

Any words on California's level design? I've heard that the first half of this game is too linear, and I'd like to know if inXile tried to solve this.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Any words on California's level design? I've heard that the first half of this game is too linear, and I'd like to know if inXile tried to solve this.
Well, it's not a matter of "solve", as in, it's not like we re-designed California from scratch based on feedback on AZ (though lessons learned were applied of course). California was always designed to have a more open feel, more Fallout-like areas, more non-hostile locations in states of faction-vs-faction tension. There's a number of reasons for that, some are intentional design (Highpool and AgCenter both really are kind of tutorial-esque, more contained levels, and serve that purpose well), the other one is as Monty's pointed out before, stuff you work on later tends to be better. They learned from making Arizona (shouldn't say "we" there really as this is before my time mostly), and applied those lessons to LA even before feedback came in. Now note I don't agree AZ is bad, I think it's pretty good, and I think a lot of the non-linearity problems are solved now that almost all starting areas are open with starting equipment (do need better radsuits for the last two), but yeah, LA is better. I'm looking forward to people playing it.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I really liked the bullets-into-the-screen effect that inXile had originally for when encounters began. Can that toggle on/off? It was p. cool.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I really liked the bullets-into-the-screen effect that inXile had originally for when encounters began. Can that toggle on/off? It was p. cool.
Or maybe like a 20% chance of this happening or only happening for important encounters or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom