Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Will there be nude mods available?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yo DarkUnderlord why isn't Greg Martin Enterprises in the credits

EDIT: Oh wait, there's an rpgcodex.net. Feh, we should be at the top. :obviously:

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
Performed by Culture Club
Courtesy of Virgin Records Ltd.
Under license from Universal Music Enterprises
15607735-mmmain.jpg

Zed (RPG Codex)
Boy+George+9.jpg

Sadly 12 backers had passed away since the kickstarter :( How does inXile knows about their deaths? It doesn't seems likely their families would take their time to inform Fargo about it.....

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sadly 12 backers had passed away since the kickstarter :( How does inXile knows about their deaths? It doesn't seems likely their families would take their time to inform Fargo about it.....
Executors have to/should get all affairs in order, including game pre-orders. :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Are those memoriams of backers, or memoriams of other people requested by backers?

In loving memory of baby Keith Williams - 21.12.2013
In memory of my mother Ing-Britt Utsogn

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
As I was sorting through the list I found a bunch of "in memoriam" entries and thought it'd be nice to do a special section for them, which everyone agreed to. To clarify, it's for anyone who left dedications, not backers we confirmed had passed on. I'll look into getting that updated...

Last edited:

Are those memoriams of backers, or memoriams of other people requested by backers?

In loving memory of baby Keith Williams - 21.12.2013
In memory of my mother Ing-Britt Utsogn

Obviously no backer was a mother and no backer was ever callled a baby.

Backers In Memoriam

Title strongly suggest that those deceased people were actually backers.

As I as sorting through the list I found a bunch of "in memoriam" entries and thought it'd be nice to do a special section for them, which the team agreed to. To clarify, it's for anyone who left dedications, not backers we confirmed had passed on.

It's interesting. Is it possible somebody actually backed the game only because his dead loved one was an enthusiastic crpg player? It would be both cool and scary at the same time. But definitely more cool.

sea You should find a better title for this section. Memoriam By Backers would make it more clear. Also some backers would surely like to add somebody to this list, but they dont know it is possible. You should asked them to prevent a future butthurt.

Last edited:

buzz

Arcane
Some of them will go to heaven and play a Van Buren completely developed and the others will have to play again and again the first beta version of Wasteland 2.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Notable people in the backers list:

Chris "MCA" Avellone
Anthony and Meari Davis
Adam Brennecke
Steven Dengler of Dracogen.com and MegaCynics.com
Markus "Notch" Persson
Zed (RPG Codex)
SuicideBunny
Felipe Pepe
Cihan Deniz Beşiktepe (denizsi @ RPG Codex)
rpgcodex.net

Title strongly suggest that those deceased people were actually backers.

To clarify, it's for anyone who left dedications, not backers we confirmed had passed on. I'll look into getting that clarified...

Last edited:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I'm pretty sure Dracogen/Dengler is going to be the next Ravel at this rate... is there an RPG he's not in?

Also note that the requirements to be in the credits were tier $100 or above, and you had to inform us by filling out the form on the Ranger Center site some time within the last couple years. We did email blast applicable people who were missing names but ultimately we had a few hundred people who never responded.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Another fun thing to do is spot how many backers are characters in the game:

Nur Giebitz
Christopher VanOverbake

Probably lots more I don't know about yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom