Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

buzz

Arcane
Some names in the credits are pretty silly

>paying actual money to be in the credits
awesome Robot
Ben "I always believed I get a real Fallout 3" Bizzle
canterbrigian... the most I've spent on a single game.
Damon "Why are you touching me?" Velocitas
His real name long forgotten, people around here just call him Gurrah.
inceptio-BRRAAAWWWRRMRMMMMM!!!
Sadie Lobster, whose glory shines eternal.
Suquamish Championship Wrestling of Poulsbo, WA
Thanks to my mother, Kyung-Suk Kim

:lol:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Fucking awesome that picture.

Getting a bit excited about this shit with the incoming release. Won't have to time to play it seriously very soon though.
Long gone are the days of playing morning to midnight. :negative:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I haven't been following this almost at all since the early beta. What's the status? We love it? Hate it?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I haven't been following this almost at all since the early beta. What's the status? We love it? Hate it?
No one can say for certain because during the month between the gold master and release they did a huge balance pass on everything, excepting the beginning through Highpool/Ag Center, which will remain a lousy tutorial.

Zetor

Arcane
Yea, the Dragonfall - WL2 one-two punch has this weekend spoken for, and then some.

That said, if there aren't any Serpioids in the final release, I'll be SO disappointed...!

murloc_gypsy

Cipher
I haven't really followed this thread that much. How's the C&C in this game? Is combat gud, say D:OS-good?

Cadmus

Arcane
I will have a pretty great weekend gamingwise.
you better wait a few months for it to be at least a little bit patched
I bet it will be totally bug free, after release. :troll:
Im kinda expecting it to be worse than D:OS on release...like half the menus missing, some weapons doing insane damage, a few quests not working..
I'll wait for confirmation in this thread and then play it when it's complete. I already can't wait, after D:OS I need some more of the sweet tb combat.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So MCA did "research" for W2 this year, after the beta was well underway and his contribution to the design ended?

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Brother None seems fairly confident it will be playable and I trust it will be as well, at least Arizona will be, and by the time I get to CA a lot of the game breakers should be fixed.

Cadmus

Arcane
Brother None seems fairly confident it will be playable and I trust it will be as well, at least Arizona will be, and by the time I get to CA a lot of the game breakers should be fixed.
Yeah but I'm kinda expecting there to be some patches where you need to start a new game for them to take effect.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's better than it was but still has a lot of issues. They appear to have made a shitload of changes to the system in the 11th hour that none of the testers have seen (headshots, attributes influencing skill checks) that could break a lot of stuff.

Before the "balance pass" that none of us have seen I ran through the beta on Supreme Jerk and only had one character death to an instakill grenade after a dialogue check. (Guy enters room in a dialogue, initiates combat and throws a grenade in round 1 before you get any option to positon yourself).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Im kinda expecting it to be worse than D:OS on release...like half the menus missing, some weapons doing insane damage, a few quests not working..
I'll wait for confirmation in this thread and then play it when it's complete. I already can't wait, after D:OS I need some more of the sweet tb combat.
I believe it's going to be the opposite, considering Larian was working on D:OS content until the 11th hour and beyond. Aside from the addition of headshots, Wasteland 2's been feature and content complete for months now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom