Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yeah but I'm kinda expecting there to be some patches where you need to start a new game for them to take effect.
During the beta, most progress-impeding issues occurred as a result of the massive changes being made to the game and the fact that old saves simply did not have the correct quest stages set, or the NPCs/objects/world states saved were no longer applicable. As we'd simply be patching and improving the game from here on out, instead of making more sweeping content changes, this likely will not be a significant issue anymore, and since our save file format is now locked we can more easily implement save-level work-arounds to any issues that might get stored inside a save file.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FIRST TO WIN CONTEST
inXile is partnering-up with Razer and Intel to run an exciting contest for Wasteland 2’s launch!

We will be handing out hardware from our partners to the first of our fans who play Wasteland 2’s main story path starting after official release through to completion, and stream and store it on Twitch so we can verify your playthrough. The top prize is a $2,500 Razer Blade Pro laptop for the USA or its cash equivalent for non-USA!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why are you posting straight up commercials like that dude? :lol:

Next up on the Tron: InXile Ran A Kickstarter Campaign To Make A Game; You'll Never Guess What Happened Next

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why are you posting straight up commercials like that dude? :lol:

Haven't you heard? I'm a shill.

*shrug* It's a contest. Maybe somebody here who is into livestreaming is interested. Not like I put it on the front page.

Last edited:

Diablo169

Arcane
To be fair that's some brilliant marketing. It's nice to see some devs embracing the video and streaming community. It's an untapped resource of free publicity.

SniperHF

Arcane
Yeah I think they are those trinkets.

But the guy donated 10k plus his twitter spam. I'd say it's a fair trade.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still irritated that there is apparently Razer product placement actually in the game. :argh:
There is?
I haven't seen it, but my understanding is that the Razer CEO was one of the big money backers, which comes with design an item in the game, right? There it is: "YOU GET TO PLACE A PERSONALIZED COLLECTIBLE ARTIFACT IN OUR WORLD and write its backstory! It could be anything from an engagement ring to a teddy bear." So the guy put a Razer mouse or some such.

Leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Still irritated that there is apparently Razer product placement actually in the game. :argh:
Just a clarification, this is not a product placement. The Razer CEO pledged $10,000 of his own money, and many other high-tier backers got shrines, NPCs or items added. We simply tried to accommodate the backer requests as much as we could. Obviously, some of those backers are going to have stuff that resembles real-world products, companies or creative works they're involved with, and some do not.

For the record, the Razer name does not appear in any direct in-game content... the specific item is a wearable necklace that looks like the Razer logo, but isn't itself a Razer product. In fact, if you want to be real literal about it, well, there's much more RPG Codex related content in the game than Razer (the Codex's stuff is pretty elaborate compared to most backers and we have more than just one piece of content...).

On a minor note but for the sake of full disclosure, we also use some Razer surround sound technology in the game. This has no direct connection with the CEO's pledge, however, we do show the Razer logo along with the Unity logo in the opening slides after the inXile and Wasteland 2 logos. We are contractually obligated to show these logos as part of licensing the technology, and that's the only reason they're there.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For the record, Razer does not appear in any direct in-game content and is not mentioned by name... the specific item is a wearable necklace that looks like the Razer logo, but isn't itself a Razer product.
I appreciate the clarification. That's way less annoying than what I had gathered. Bad taste neutralized. Thanks!

On a minor note but for the sake of full disclosure, we also use some Razer surround sound technology in the game. This has no direct connection with the CEO's pledge, however, we do show their logo along with the Unity logo in the opening slides after the inXile and Wasteland 2 logos. We are contractually obligated to show these logos as part of licensing the technology, and that's the only reason they're there.
Sure, every game has the obligatory tech logos at the start, no surprise here, but good to cover your bases.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
TV1nbiL.gif

Last edited:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
sea Brother None Just a quick clarifying question: Are the physical items being shipped after the Friday release, on Friday along with the release or have they been shipped to get to people by Friday's release?
They will ship after release. Exactly when after we'll let people know, likely by direct message. It may be some time though, especially for CEs and ESPECIALLY for signed CEs.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
sea Brother None Just a quick clarifying question: Are the physical items being shipped after the Friday release, on Friday along with the release or have they been shipped to get to people by Friday's release?
They will ship after release. Exactly when after we'll let people know, likely by direct message. It may be some time though, especially for CEs and ESPECIALLY for signed CEs.

I look forward to buying this game on steam and enjoying it despite 283 pages of butt hurt and whining.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2

I look forward to buying this game on steam and enjoying it despite 283 pages of butt hurt and whining.
It was all just a ruse to get you to buy the game because of all the bitching.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:rpgcodex: Define "some time though..."

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Right after Grimoire's physical items ship.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Right after Grimoire's physical items ship.
:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom