Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Wasteland 2 or PoE?

Which one is better?

• Total voters

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well guys what can I say, I played the hell out of PoE as well as WL2. I was not disappointed from any of the two, on the contrary I was happy to get such games after so many years.

I disagree with roshans extreme criticism and do not think PoE is such mess. I did finish it and actually played around 120 hours to do that and was never really bored maybe except somewhere near the end.

I think instead of trying to find every small flaw we should appreciate people that make actual proper RPGs again, instead of more Fallout 4s

Nael

Arcane
Do you prefer Wasteland 2 over Fallout 1 and 2 setting?

For me Fallout 1 was the best representation of that setting.

I prefer the Wasteland setting as well. I like the 80s references and motif of Wasteland more than the 50s motif of Fallout. Its more familiar to me.

Cthulhu_is_love

I like both; but i would prefer WL 2 as game. PoE feels like a lot of work after a certain time playing. (boredom, who knows?)
Also i can play more hours WL 2 before getting a headache.

Darkzone

Arcane
Do you prefer Wasteland 2 over Fallout 1 and 2 setting?
For me Fallout 1 was the best representation of that setting.
Phuuhh... Difficult to answer. The post apocalyptic genre has been much embraced by the mainstream culture in the 70s and 80s (in film, music and etc). So mostly i perceive it from this perspective of my youth and therefore i very biased. Fallout 1 on the other hand goes back to the earliest roots "Duck and Cover" of the 50s (Mary Shelley wrote the apocalyptic novels "The Last Man" around 1830s). And while i love the 50s music, films and series, the fallout series overall goes with its b-movies references overboard and the setting becomes to wacky and cartoony. Fallout 1 is for me the best of the Fallouts (not in terms of the game and party mechanics) and it's setting goes nice along the border, and does not go overboard. But in the beginning of the recursion you know how it will end and this applies to the fallout setting: any new elements brought into the setting will turn it more and more wacky. This recursions end will not necessary apply to Wasteland setting, because it lives through the 80s and any new element for the setting, will come from the 80s and 90s and will have a certain soberness in comparison to the Fallout setting. And yes i agree with you that Fallout 1 is in its representation the best post-apocalyptic game, but if you look at WL2 then you will see that the setting is pretty amazing, in which many elements are indicating politics and culture from the 80s and current times. Sadly the Reagans as a fraction have been scraped from WL2. Therefore despite my love for Fallout 1, i prefer the Wasteland 2 setting and because:

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
what do you consider high end? im playing it fine on maxed settings with an 4 years old pc. my laptop runs it pretty shitty, but its a pretty shitty laptop so...

Oesophagus

Arcane
I have a Geforce 720m . im not sure this game works on it or not.
I've got a radeon hd 7770 and 8 gigs of ram, and it runs fine. Though the DC version gets pretty choppy after a few hours of playing, don't know if that's memory leaks or something.

Darkzone

Arcane
I've got a radeon hd 7770 and 8 gigs of ram, and it runs fine. Though the DC version gets pretty choppy after a few hours of playing, don't know if that's memory leaks or something.
Yes it seems it comes from the Unity engine itself and it seems to have been connected to dynamic shadows.

Silva

Arcane
Edit: ShadowRun Dragonfall DC was just flat-out good, though.

Amused-Chuckle-Funny-Haha--Ha-Ha-Hahaha-Laugh-LOL-Robert-De-Niro-GIF.gif

Silva

Arcane
I prefer the Wasteland setting as well. I like the 80s references and motif of Wasteland more than the 50s motif of Fallout. Its more familiar to me.
I used to love Fallout setting. Until I've met the Stalker and Zone series/ works (book, movie, game) and it blew every other post-apocalypse setting out of the water for me.

About WL2, funny how its setting feels generic as shit for me. I like the game, sure, but couldn't care less for any setting element. In fact, I can't even remember right now what other factions are there aside from the Rangers.

I used to love Fallout setting. Until I've met the Stalker and Zone series/ works (book, movie, game) and it blew every other post-apocalypse setting out of the water for me.

About WL2, funny how its setting feels generic as shit for me. I like the game, sure, but couldn't care less for any setting element. In fact, I can't even remember right now what other factions are there aside from the Rangers.
Offtop, but you should read a book called 'Roadside picnic" (STALKER is vaguely based on it). One of the best sci-fi books ever. It ain't, strictly speaking, post-apocalyptic, but it features a lot of elements that were later taken by STALKER.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The movie is hauntingly beautiful and the locales are exactly what the concept of the Zone would be
I was dead tired from work yesterday but wanted so badly to replay Call of Pripyat Misery...hopefully I can have some time off this weekend

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom