Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
W2: Intelligence stat:

Intelligence represents the Ranger's ability to process and learn new information, and thus increase skills that much faster. Intelligence is of primary importance to "brainiac" support characters, whether they be techies or medics, but should not be forgotten lest you find your Ranger unable to keep up with the team's progress.

Intelligence influences: Bonus Skill Points per level-up, Action Points, and increases one's ability to read high-level Skill Books.

Outside of W2 and maybe it's successor(s) there is no other function of this instance of the term intelligence. Conflating an abstraction of this term and human intelligence doesn't do much more than trigger my autism.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Still no idea why she needed to leave, absolutely bizarre decision that.

It was obvious to me from how many levels she has over you that she was a temporary tutorial helper.

Yeah, you're right, it was obvious at first, but then she actually sticks around long enough that I just forgot about it, you know? It's a pretty big game, by the time you trigger whatever makes her leave, you could have clocked 15-20 hours, at that point you're not thinking about her as a tutorial helper.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
You guys are confusing two things here though.

The character system itself was definitely too punishing, and that's because there's unpredictable spikes in skill checks that make you scramble for skill points at certain areas.

It's just that it it didn't have much of practical impact on gameplay, because they packed almost everything with multiple routes and solutions. It's impossible to get stuck because of that, but system itself was still poorly thought out. Just like the game was unplayable clusterfuck on launch, despite the fact that technically it was playable because bugged quests usually had at least one solution that was working.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
How fortunate, thread is live again.
So, if there are few people who rcently played the game, I still have same question - how to deal with Canyon of Titans?
There are multiple paths andsolutions, but I didn't find it well documented, I searched a lot.
Playing with two dudes, one for battles, second for skills lol, flight is normal.

What? its the truth, ive known scientists that only know their own branch of expertise, they cant change a tire, dont know how to fish, or cook, or kick a football, they cant make a bed or even function well in every day life. Intelligence doesnt automatically make your knowledge broader, it just helps make some of it deeper.
What are you talking about is more referred with education system than anything else.
In USSR was different system - they tried to give as broad theoretical knowledge as possible, so for example man could respecialize in related area of expertise in case he need that.
Western system is different - it is trying to give practical skills without deep theretical knoweledge, and is hard specialized from school.

orcinator

Liturgist
So, if there are few people who rcently played the game, I still have same question - how to deal with Canyon of Titans?
There are multiple paths andsolutions, but I didn't find it well documented, I searched a lot.

The same way you deal with everything in WL2, shoot it until it dies.

As for the "choices" are concerned, you get to pick one of three endings for the area later on, anything you do before doesn't matter because reactivity boils down to having to collect more sludge if you murdered the cultists, but if you turn in the initial offering and then start killing em you'll be fine.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
It isn't an answer.
There are few paths. I still have 9 tabs opened with solutions, none of them clear in what to do.
I already arrived to Temple.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I got to Temple, saved, that's all.
After that I searched for various variants, but abandoned game because didin't find clear information.
There are few paths, I need to chose most effective from point of maximisation exp, items, content, that's all.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Narratively speaking, the ideal outcome wrt to Titan Canyon is just ignore the conflict entirely. While not perfect, the status quo is what works. I doubt it was an intentional reference to nation building in the middle east, but it certainly works as an allegory.

Narratively speaking, the ideal outcome wrt to Titan Canyon is just ignore the conflict entirely. While not perfect, the status quo is what works. I doubt it was an intentional reference to nation building in the middle east, but it certainly works as an allegory.

I think that if you do not choose a side, some unrelated bandits will come and do a takeover?
Also I remember replying Canyon a few times and there were more than 3 endings.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I think that if you do not choose a side, some unrelated bandits will come and do a takeover?

You can't disarm the bomb either. That's also meddling.

Also I remember replying Canyon a few times and there were more than 3 endings.

Yeah, and they all leave the canyon and/or Damonta in a worse-off positition. :P

You can't disarm the bomb either. That's also meddling.

I am pretty sure that letting the maniacs or militia get a hold of an atomic bomb is worse than most of other endings. Everyone knows where the bomb is, only single guy with a few basics traps is standing in a way of taking it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I am pretty sure that letting the maniacs or militia get a hold of an atomic bomb is worse than most of other endings. Everyone knows where the bomb is, only single guy with a few basics traps is standing in a way of taking it.

If they knew that, they wouldn't be sending you, a strange third party, to go acquire it. There's no ending slide for the area at all if you just pass through without accomplishing anything.

If they knew that, they wouldn't be sending you, a strange third party, to go acquire it. There's no ending slide for the area at all if you just pass through without accomplishing anything.

They give location on the map and say that they know where the bomb is. They are just afraid of some traps, that why they send a third party.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They give location on the map and say that they know where the bomb is. They are just afraid of some traps, that why they send a third party.

And they'll forever be afraid of those traps because that's how RPGs work. :)

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I dom't care about lolplot because everything in game remind my Gypsy circus, don't know if it exist at all.
Well, I tried to bring Good in Wasteland, but not in CT - all sides equally disgusting.
So what I need - content.
Exp, items, weapon, dialogues - in not particular order.
What I remember - there was path when CT repopulated with enemies and they are even infinite how someone stated.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fine. Side with the Diamondback Militia, that will get you most xp. Be sure to go through the canyon 3 times before moving on to Silo 7, more guys appear after certain events.

the_shadow

Arcane
I've just started playing Wasteland 2. My memory is a little foggy, but I seem to remember it has gotten a rather mixed reception on the 'Dex. I guess when something is proclaimed as a spiritual successor to a piece of art that has a cult following, it's not going to live up to the hype for some fans.

Anyway, I expected the game to be crap, but am pleasantly surprised. Apart from Underrail and Pillars of Eternity, it's the only 'newer' enjoyable RPG I've played in a while. It's also a lot harder than I expected, even though I'm playing on Normal difficulty. I was struggling against the Diamondback militia at the Titan Pass (although I don't know why they are ambushing me when I want to join them!), so I'm exploring around the Ranger Citadel. At the moment assault rifles seem the way to go, having both a decent range and good damage, although blunt weapons are also decent.

Any early gameplay tips here? And did you feel Wasteland 2 is a worthy spiritual successor of Fallout?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom