Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Then you did not play a combat focused character, or your character was a huge pussy.

:lol::lol: That was good. I have played a character like that among others. Still, I suppose he was less pussy than your character who needs to savescum to win.

But OK, you win you big badass RPG master you. I'm the child here. :lol:

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Eh, I don't really agree with this statement. Underrail has excellent tactical combat IMO and you only control one character. IMO Underrail combat >>>>>>>>>> WL2 combat.

If I were feeling generous, I'd maybe rate WL2 combat as > Fallout combat.
But I don't and other elements of Fallout combat, not directly tied to tactical challenge, like perk interactions and impact, aimed shot effects, animations, weapon calibers/types, critical effects make me rate Fallout combat >> WL2 combat. I like my combat awesome. Sue me.

Are you saying WL2 DC didn't have everything you listed, but with 4 characters instead of 1? It really seems like you guys go out of the way to not be right about anything.

Yes, WL2 DC had most of those things. Or rather, has checked most of the checkboxes. The execution was... lacklustre to say the least. Half-assed may be a better description.

Last edited:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Then you did not play a combat focused character, or your character was a huge pussy.

:lol::lol: That was good. I have played a character like that among others. Still, I suppose he was less pussy than your character who needs to savescum to win.

But OK, you win you big badass RPG master you. I'm the child here. :lol:

Again, unless you can tell everyone your secret of being able to win without reloading in the big battles of either FO1 and 2, or can link to a video of a non-cheat character, you just are proving you are a huge fucking liar that knows dick about shit.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Eh, I don't really agree with this statement. Underrail has excellent tactical combat IMO and you only control one character. IMO Underrail combat >>>>>>>>>> WL2 combat.

If I were feeling generous, I'd maybe rate WL2 combat as > Fallout combat.
But I don't and other elements of Fallout combat, not directly tied to tactical challenge, like perk interactions and impact, aimed shot effects, animations, weapon calibers/types, critical effects make me rate Fallout combat >> WL2 combat. I like my combat awesome. Sue me.

Are you saying WL2 DC didn't have everything you listed, but with 4 characters instead of 1? It really seems like you guys go out of the way to not be right about anything.

Yes, WL2 DC had most of those things. Or rather, has checked most of the checkboxes. The execution was... lacklustre to say the least. Half-assed may be a better description.

So basically you like one character combat over party based combat and fail to see how game mechanics correlate. When you aren't equivocating you just prove how ignorant and unknowledgeable you are.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Again, unless you can tell everyone your secret of being able to win without reloading in the big battles of either FO1 and 2, or can link to a video of a non-cheat character, you just are proving you are a huge fucking liar that knows dick about shit.

Why do you have to so fucking dense about it? You can seek your own videos out, you know how to do it. Or better yet, you can play the games yourself and see what happens. Like killing the early raiders in Fallout 1... You can lure the enemies to you in small groups and let the 10mm smg burst chop them down. Clearing the yard nets you better equipement (if you are an early character) before you engage the ones inside so it's not the end if the world if you run out if 10mm, and then you can use corners and doorways to your advantage when the rest of them come after you from inside, so you don't need to stand there surrounded. Even better if you have Ian with you. You are not required to savescum that.

Just play the fucking game the way you wish and have fun.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
WL2 DC was p. good. If you keep savescumming to a minimum, and just roll with the story, it's quite fun and enjoyable ride.

Sure it had several minor and major flaws, but it came out allright in the end. The ending was the major disappointment tho, and the vital cuts of content in some later parts of the same was saddening not to make it into the DC.

I expect WL3 to be more of the same, only better and more fleshed out.

The lessons learned from the flaws of the combat system, story, writing and C&C used to better the sequel.

Let's see. At least the return of talking heads are a welcome one for me. Also UT4 engine hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Why do you have to so fucking dense about it? You can seek your own videos out, you know how to do it. Or better yet, you can play the games yourself and see what happens. Like killing the early raiders in Fallout 1... You can lure the enemies to you in small groups and let the 10mm smg burst chop them down. Clearing the yard nets you better equipement (if you are an early character) before you engage the ones inside so it's not the end if the world if you run out if 10mm, and then you can use corners and doorways to your advantage when the rest of them come after you from inside, so you don't need to stand there surrounded. Even better if you have Ian with you. You are not required to savescum that.

Just play the fucking game the way you wish and have fun.

Nope. Lies. I'm not going to search for lie videos when the burden of proof is on you, mr. pants on fire.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Mengsk

Do you really thing that the ending was disappointing? I think that the finale was alright, except for the last battle (which was just annoying). Otherwise I can agree on every point. L.A. felt not as fleshed out, after the first settlement and the children of the could have been cut out as a faction.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
IHaveHugeNick

Hehe, yeah, you're right^^. Still, he could have been part of the gunpriests and his role wouldn't lost a bit (and maybe his plottwist would have worked better. Meh, still one of the good stories in the medium).

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm definitely down with changing the combat formula some way. I'd much rather go "deeper" than "snappier" though. I guess looking at D:OS is a good start.

Weasel
:shittydog:

AJWrcIY.png

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
WL2's combat was too hardcore it's own good. 7 party members, weapon jamming, dealing with ammo scarcity. I don't know, it's like they didn't want to compromise and abandon all the oldschool sensibilities that got the game funded in a first place. There comes a point in a turn-based game where adding more features doesn't add complexity, it's just adds bloat. I wouldn't mind if they trimmed the fat down a little bit with the 3rd game.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I didn't find it hardcore at all honestly. It was nearly identical to nu-com aside from ammo scarcity, which itself was only troublesome due to laughably unbalanced weapons. Jamming was easily removed with easy-to-find mods, and party size wasn't an issue since most if not all party members would just hug cover and shoot anyway. I think the problem with WL2's combat (aside from horrendous balance) was simply that there was far too much of it in an already overlong game, and that it never pressured the player to adopt new tactics with inspired encounter/map design.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I disagree that modding out weapon jams speaks to a good design. Wait, later on I figured out what the hell you were talking about, but still.

Weapon jamming in W2 was fine really ... except with heavy weapons since it counted per-shot and HW were crap to begin with.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom