Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Wasteland 3 Fig Update #23: Building the Everest - Level Design & Setting the Stage

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it's different when the pop culture reference is the real world location it's referring to, no? Like, it would be weird to call the Vegas tropes in Fallout: New Vegas a "pop culture reference" when the game is literally set in Las Vegas. At that point it's more of a homage than a reference. To me a "reference" is meeting some random person in a random location who mentions an Internet meme or something.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I think it's different when the pop culture reference is the real world location it's referring to, no? Like, it would be weird to call the Vegas tropes in Fallout: New Vegas a "pop culture reference" when the game is literally set in Las Vegas. At that point it's more of a homage than a reference. To me a "reference" is meeting some random person in a random location who mentions an Internet meme or something.
What I didn't explain was there's a distinction between mocking pop culture and as you say paying homage. I see New Vegas having both, mostly mockery though. There's nothing wrong with doing both, but Wasteland/Fallout come from a genre born of mocking pop culture... I guess we'll find out as development continues if Hotel Everest is merely a fawning tribute.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
PoE2 had a Figstarter after WL3 and seems to be much further along. This can mean one of two things, neither of which bode well for InXile:
  1. InXile announced the Figstarter just after they started to work on WL3; this would suggest that they're having financial trouble and are looking for a cash injection.
  2. Development is progressing really slowly, meaning that InXile will have trouble finishing it as they didn't exactly get much money from T:ToN (and I have a feeling that Bard's Tale 4 won't sell that well either)

3. POE2 had a Figstarter after already being in production for over a year.

Imperialist

Novice
Pillars 2 updates-way more interesting. WL3 updates read like soulless, aimless, trying to find our way apologies.

Imperialist

Novice
PoE2 had a Figstarter after WL3 and seems to be much further along. This can mean one of two things, neither of which bode well for InXile:
  1. InXile announced the Figstarter just after they started to work on WL3; this would suggest that they're having financial trouble and are looking for a cash injection.
  2. Development is progressing really slowly, meaning that InXile will have trouble finishing it as they didn't exactly get much money from T:ToN (and I have a feeling that Bard's Tale 4 won't sell that well either)

3. POE2 had a Figstarter after already being in production for over a year.

Pillars 2 had way more to say, why is Exile repeating themselves with the same area--as if it's that interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom