Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline We Do It: Resident Evil 2 HD

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I bought the original Resident Evil remake for the gamecube when it came out and never completed it because of both the retarded puzzle design and some bits that wanted me to aim for the head of some dudein a very enclosed space making it impossible to maneuver.

Please tell me RE2 is different.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I bought the original Resident Evil remake for the gamecube when it came out and never completed it because of both the retarded puzzle design and some bits that wanted me to aim for the head of some dudein a very enclosed space making it impossible to maneuver.

I can understand if you're put off by puzzle design, but wtf are you on about the aiming and combat?

Please don't be one of those "why can't I move" people.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I completed the original Alone in the Dark back in the MS DOS days, and the controls felt a lot better, thought that might be the gamecube gamepad talking here.

And I specifically remember being asked to shoot some asshole in the head in an enclosed space and that felt absolutely not worth the effort.

Ivan

Arcane
I think he's talking about aiming up at the red zombies' heads and praying it registers as a headshot.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I completed the original Alone in the Dark back in the MS DOS days, and the controls felt a lot better, thought that might be the gamecube gamepad talking here.

And I specifically remember being asked to shoot some asshole in the head in an enclosed space and that felt absolutely not worth the effort.

It never asks you to do it. You are probably thinking of the first encounter, but depending on the character, you are not required to shoot the zombie, or worse, have only a knife to deal with it anyway. :lol:

Why.jpeg

Learned
I know its cynical but I have a great dread Capcom will fuck this up.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I just want Capcom to give RE2 the same treatment they did RE1 with its remake. But they'll probably fuck it up by adding the over the shoulder camera and quicktime events.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

bubbles2.gif

Why.jpeg

Learned
I just want Capcom to give RE2 the same treatment they did RE1 with its remake. But they'll probably fuck it up by adding the over the shoulder camera and quicktime events.
Part of me hopes that they keep the ridiculous VA or at least have an option for it.

Tehdagah

Arcane
REmake didn't had the ridiculous VA of the original game. Mikami wanted better acting.

ultimanecat

Arcane
Even though technology has gotten to the point that they don't really need to pre-render backgrounds, I still will miss them if they don't (and I'm almost certain they won't).

As long as the camera isn't some third-person over the shoulder shit.

Why.jpeg

Learned
REmake didn't had the ridiculous VA of the original game. Mikami wanted better acting.
And it felt hollow inside for it. I'm still of the opinion that hammy VA is just as much a part of classic RE as anything else. Fucking revisionists.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The original cheesy voice acting had a certain charm but it would have sounded absolutely retarded in REmake. Amateurish voice acting and voice direction was very common in PS1 days so it doesn't feel as ridiculous and out of place in the original.

Nostalgiafags gonna nostalgiafag.

Why.jpeg

Learned
The original cheesy voice acting had a certain charm but it would have sounded absolutely retarded in REmake. Amateurish voice acting and voice direction was very common in PS1 days so it doesn't feel as ridiculous and out of place in the original.

Nostalgiafags gonna nostalgiafag.
Something is lost when you take away the bad VA, Hell it made RE feel like b movies. That and the absurd bio weapons storyline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom