Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We need a Troika sub-forum

1.Remove all subfora.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
We have threads for M&M, Wizardry, Ultima sagas and SSI, that have no subforums.

Witch only shows that we should also have a sub-forum for Origin Systems, Sir-Tech, etc. It is easier to access the relevant content, to add more content, etc.

Create a combined subforum for all Black Isle and Troika games.

Black Isle should have its own sub-forum long ago.

We only have those other subforums so us regulars don't have to endure shit about bad games. Troika made good games so it shouldn't have a subforum.

Since Larian Studios has a sub-forum, D:OS must be a game you want to ignore. Since Obsidian also has a sub-forum, Mask of the Betrayer must be a game you want to ignore.

We need sub-forums to separate players with retarded taste from reasonable people. Let the popamolers drown on their own shit while we enjoy the good games. Life is too short to waste flogging dead horses.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's right, you enjoy your PoE and D:OS poorly written horse shit while we play actually good games.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
That's right, you enjoy your PoE and D:OS poorly written horse shit while we play actually good games.

I dropped D:OS name because I thought you enjoyed it. LOL

Do you think I’m a fan of PoE and D:OS? Far from it.

Use the search function like a normal person.

Look, the site should reward new players with real interest in the classics. The search function is so chaotic that I feel that I’m being punished for caring for old games. It is easier to find information about Bioware than Black Isle. That shit is wrong.

Or accelerate the RPG Watching of the Codex with dozens of dead subforums, whichever.

They are dead because they don’t care, not because it is a bad idea.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is the Codex, I hate everything.
And Lurker King does have a valid point: the search function is 100% broken so bringing it up is invalid.

Irenaeus II And Shadowrun Returns! And I am sure Tales of Narnia or whatever the Torment game is called will be terrible as well.

Black

Arcane
We have Bethesda, Biowhore, CD Projekt, Inxile, Larian, Obsidian and Spiderweb sub-forums, but not a Troika sub-forum. The threads about Arcanum, ToEE and V:tmB are scattered throughout the general RPG discussion and the codex workshop. What happened? Troika deserves more respect, guys. Come on!
They're containment boards. Troika doesn't need to be contained, it needs to be spread.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I love your optimism.
I'm pessimist, I think new users will only care for shitty action games with light RPG elements like Fallout 4 or Twitcher 3 or Dark Souls 3 or Call of Duty 11.

That is not about being optimist or pessimist; it’s about making a site that cater to our needs, instead of being preoccupied about people with shit tastes. If we talk about incline all the time, but have to make a pilgrimage to find threads about Troika, we are just paying lip service.

You are talking about new posters, right? I found the Codex because of AoD. If every oldfag keep talking about FO4, making sub-forums for Bioware and assuming that every newfag will only be attracted to shit, you all are practically ensuring that more and more posters will know more and more about popamole games, and less and less about classics. It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. The other day I read a newfag putting Underrail and FO4 in the same pot. I think that the Codex failed this guy.

I know that people who are acquainted with classics want to talk about newer games or other subjects, and that the majority of posters in any place will always do what is easier. I can live with that. It is just that is so simple to make things easier for people who wanna learn about classics. Do you have any idea how happy I was to find that 70 cRPGs list?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
We have Bethesda, Biowhore, CD Projekt, Inxile, Larian, Obsidian and Spiderweb sub-forums, but not a Troika sub-forum. The threads about Arcanum, ToEE and V:tmB are scattered throughout the general RPG discussion and the codex workshop. What happened? Troika deserves more respect, guys. Come on!
They're containment boards. Troika doesn't need to be contained, it needs to be spread.

But the containment boards only ensure that information about shitty games is easier to find, and that people will have more awareness about shitty games.

Black

Arcane
When it comes to shitty games people tend to already have awareness about them.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
That is not about being optimist or pessimist.[]..it's about "how much AAA+indie shit you can eat while still being conscious to praise them here".

Viata

Arcane
What we need is a blobber/dungeon crawler sub-forum so I don't need to look into JRPG/RPG generals hoping for a new game in that subgenre.

Cthulhu_is_love

What we need is a blobber/dungeon crawler sub-forum so I don't need to look into JRPG/RPG generals hoping for a new game in that subgenre.
Yeah please, that would be nice... But divide that thing in western and eastern blobbers so that I can ignore the eastern ones.

Edit: western blobber subforum in GRPG , eastern blobber subforum in JRPG

more subforums ---> more things to ignore

Last edited by a moderator:

Telengard

Arcane
So, a subforum for:
  • Bethesda
  • Biowhore
  • CD Projekt
  • Inxile
  • Larian
  • Obsidian
  • Spiderweb
  • Troika
  • Interplay
  • SSI
  • Sir-Tech
  • Origin Systems
  • New World Computing
Thus leaving the central discussion for, I guess, indies and the odd-man-outs like The Summoning and the Bard's Tale Trilogy.

Hmm? What was the goal of this project again?

Oh yeah, to make everyone click their mouse a lot more. Which mouse-maker do you work for Lurker King?

Viata

Arcane
Leave the Bethesda, CD Project and Bioware one. It's better to ignore a whole subforum than every single thread related to their games.
Inxile, Larian, Spiderweb and Obsidian shouldn't have their own subforum. Now do a blobber sub-forum. For the :incline:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
So, a subforum for:
  • Bethesda
  • Biowhore
  • CD Projekt
  • Inxile
  • Larian
  • Obsidian
  • Spiderweb
  • Troika
  • Interplay
  • SSI
  • Sir-Tech
  • Origin Systems
  • New World Computing
Thus leaving the central discussion for, I guess, indies and the odd-man-outs like The Summoning and the Bard's Tale Trilogy.

Oh yeah, to make everyone click their mouse a lot more. Which mouse-maker do you work for Lurker King?

Nah, to make people that want to know about the classics to click less, and to make new posters that only know about Bioware and Larian sub-forums to become more knowledgeable. Thank god for having an Age of Decadence sub-forum. It works nice and save me time.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Tags are a superior alternative to subforums

but of course that would take typing for the moderators instead of drag and dropping threads or whatever they do

Maybe in the future xenforo will analyze the OP for tags.

Telengard

Arcane
So, a subforum for:
  • Bethesda
  • Biowhore
  • CD Projekt
  • Inxile
  • Larian
  • Obsidian
  • Spiderweb
  • Troika
  • Interplay
  • SSI
  • Sir-Tech
  • Origin Systems
  • New World Computing

Nah, to make people that want to know about the classics to click less, and to make new posters that only know about Bioware and Larian sub-forums to become more knowledgeable. Thank god for having an Age of Decadence sub-forum. It works nice and save me time.
But you don't have a folder for all the classics yet, since you're still missing Sierra/Dynamix, Microprose, and Dreamforge Entertainment, amongst many others. So, it only saves one time if one is looking only for the pop-classics, instead of looking for the hard-rock classics. You haven't helped all the people, just the tip-of-the 90s crowd. For people looking to delve into the classics in a less shallow way, it adds 10 clicks to what was once 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom