Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

gaussgunner

Arcane
Know what else is fucked up now? Fabulous / Optimistic

Nevermind, it still works. Optimism is gay.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Optimism is gay.
You have the solution right there!

Rename the rainbow to "Gay". Covers the "fabulous" and "optimistic" meanings and more. Also means "colorful", just like, y'know, the rainbow.

Ask yourself this: are you too PC for this change?

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
default.jpg
button

agris

Arcane
Patron
While i was against these rack of buttons initially, it livened up the discussion somewhat. On the other hand, it made Codex probably the most CPU-heavy site I regularly visit, it even caused micro-stuttering in the audio player when the page was loaded (on an overclocked 2500k, I can only imagine what happens on atom cpus or something like that). Did it really cause such high load on servers? If it were non-dynamic (I mean, page had to be reloaded when post is rated), it'd probably be lighter on the servers.

I had zero problems loading 30 tabs of codex on my 2009 core 2 duo at work, much less with my 2015 i5 at home. Wtf are you people doing.

Do you use Chrome? I've a suspicion that it's a Windows-Firefox problem. I've got a fast computer as well, but the site triggers some sort of memory leak in FF that ends up with it consuming 3 GB of ram and eating up 25% of my total CPU cycles. All it takes is visiting the forums and closing the tab, after I do that my instance of FF is fucked after ~3-4 hours and I'll have to close it and open again.

Once, some support program for FF crashed (probably a plugin container), my codex buttons were disabled, and the above behavior was gone. Same FF instance running for 24+ hours without any crazy memory or CPU usage.

Rev

Arcane
What happened to the ratings in the profile page? Now almost everyone is sporting an Italian flag. :M

I agree with turning parrot into a positive rating, btw, although I don't understand how does the neutral ratings work, since only a few of them are counted.
mystery.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom