Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We need new grafix for dis

Severian Silk

First draft:

rpgdice_zps0254473b.gif

Is it too small? What colors should I use? I can use transparency *or* animation, but not both, so don't say "transparent".

Any other comments?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I think a die would be best. Use the regular codexian d20 for no new posts, add some highlight (maybe a little spin or shake) to indicate new posts.

You seem to have misunderstood DU's post. He wasn't asking for opinions.

He was asking someone to make new grafix.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
too fast, too small, and blue should be the same color as the forum.

Severian Silk

How about this:

rpgdice_02_zpsa4b9b42d.gif
rpgdice_02_gray_zpsbe7fd9e2.gif

[edit]

The background color is off by a tiny bit, which I can fix.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
The current one is unobtrusive yet functional. The same cannot be said for the proposed alternatives.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
How about no animation at all, because pointless animations are distracting and look cheap?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
If we pick any such new icon I think it should be the RPG Codex troll face. At least it's not animated and is clearly visible when there are new posts, plus has more personality than dice.

Severian Silk

The background color is off by a tiny bit, which I can fix.

The problem is ending up to be more tricky than I thought. The rendering software is not reproducing the color exactly. I do not want to end up having to use ImageMagick... That is a measure of last resort. :(

EG

Nullified
If we pick any such new icon I think it should be the RPG Codex troll face. At least it's not animated and is clearly visible when there are new posts, plus has more personality than dice.

Bad enough we have that ugly little pixelated mess as an icon for tabs and bookmarks.

Don't have to shove the little red blight down everyone's throats.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Severian Silk can you make the animated one go through it's animation cycle, then stay still for a second or two before doing the animation again?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Pretty much what I envisioned, but can you make it rotate around one of its vertices (on vertical axis) instead? I think that would look more :obviously: that way.
Unfortunately the script I'm using places the object on its edge and I don't know the trigonometry needed to change it.
I think it's better like this anyway, it looks like the dice is tumbling after being thrown instead of spinning like a toy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom