Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We need new grafix for dis

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Can we at least get these changes made?

BCfytt5.png

Random

Arcane
Patron
Grammar nazis everywhere breath a collective sigh of relief.

You're doing God's work, Taluntain.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Except now he's throwing multiple "a die".

You're throwing a single die at a time and that text doesn't change from the time you throw the first one. So if you throw just one, or more, the text stays the same, only the total changes. If I make it plural, it doesn't make sense if you throw just one. But since usually people throw more than one, I'll change it to that.

Random

Arcane
Patron
It can't seriously be that hard to put a little if-then statement to change the dialog depending on how many times a die has been rolled. Can it?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Not really, I'd just need to look up XF's conventions to do it and the variables in question, but honestly, not worth it. Maybe DU will feel like doing it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Wait. Why do I care about the dice app? Is anyone even using it for a legitimate purpose?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Skyway used it once to decide if he would or would not kick kony from CDS.

Other than that I've never seen them being used as actual dice.

Random

Arcane
Patron
You lazy faggot. Cheating, lazy, faggot.

And I think that the dice could be used for Playground activities but, as it is, they're pretty goddamn clunky to use. Just adding a way to roll dice while posting, and/or adding the ability to roll as many dice as you want from the very start would make a huge difference.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
How do you make a random selection list like that?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Konjad, Zed, in the most likely event that it won't be useful and people will just use it for retarded reasons, I have enabled the "choose from list" feature. There's also a countdown option but that seems to not show up? Same place as where you throw dice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom