Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We need NO buttons except for the brofist.

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

Deleted member 11480

Congratulations for destroying the Codex with the retarded button fiesta. I remember when this shit used to come up and I was "oh great, time to have another vacation from the Codex until they get back to their senses and remove this shit again". I've been noticing how recently the quality of the discussions in many of the gaming forums has nosedived and one of the biggest reasons is the presence of the Biowarian AWSHUM BUTTONS we now have permanently.

Hey, a post I disagree with! Let me just shut down my brain and
rating_prosper.png
decline.png
sheep.png
cuck.png
rating_retarded.png
rating_shit.png
hurr durr. PRESS X TO ANSWER THREAD.

And the 'positive' buttons are no better with most if not all being useless repetitions that were perfectly synthesized in the Brofist. "Agree", why the fuck there's an AGREE button, just use the brofist. Incline? Use the fucking brofist! Thanks, prestigious, salute? BROFIST IT GODDAMNIT.

"What the fuck am I reading" is one of the ultimate proofs of this massive decline. The thing was already a smile, but hey, you had to quote the post and use the smile as an answer, maybe even - God forbid - write something, now you can PRESS X TO REPLY.
Edit: salute, prestigious, excited and negative also fit here too.

Remember the good days when the Codex was text based? Before the "hey, let me express how I feel about this guy's post with a premade button instead of an actual reply I'll have to think about more than the thought process involved in scrolling my eyes through buttons and picking one"

Last edited by a moderator:

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Congratulations for destroying the Codex with the retarded button fiesta. I remember when this shit used to come up and I was "oh great, time to have another vacation from the Codex until they get back to their senses and remove this shit again". I've been noticing how recently the quality of the discussions in many of the gaming forums has nosedived and one of the biggest reasons is the presence of the Biowarian AWSHUM BUTTONS we now have permanently.

Hey, a post I disagree with! Let me just shut down my brain and
rating_prosper.png
decline.png
sheep.png
cuck.png
rating_retarded.png
rating_shit.png
hurr durr. PRESS X TO ANSWER THREAD.

And the 'positive' buttons are no better with most if not all being useless repetitions that were perfectly synthesized in the Brofist. "Agree", why the fuck there's an AGREE button, just use the brofist. Incline? Use the fucking brofist! Thanks, prestigious, salute? BROFIST IT GODDAMNIT.

"What the fuck am I reading" is one of the ultimate proofs of this massive decline. The thing was already a smile, but hey, you had to quote the post and use the smile as an answer, maybe even - God forbid - write something, now you can PRESS X TO REPLY.
Edit: salute, prestigious, excited and negative also fit here too.

Remember the good days when the Codex was text based? Before the "hey, let me express how I feel about this guy's post with a premade button instead of an actual reply I'll have to think about more than the thought process involved in scrolling my eyes through buttons and picking one"
i agree 100%. buttons (and brofists before that) facilitate cirklejerks and uniform opinion and degenerate every thread into a hunt for ratings. this is the complete opposite of what the codex used to stand for. with every passing minute the Codex inches ever so closer to NeoGAF and Kotaku. And the gimmick of laizzes faire moderation is pointless when the shitposters are moderating themselves via an idiotic predetermined selection of acceptable emoticons to chose from.

here is what I did: disable alerts for ratings. use mublock to block the ratings and voila, no shitty brofists anywhere. it's almost as good as old codex.

---

Arcane
At first I was against buttons, but now my mind is blown and I can see that they are the light and the brofists are the dark

:hailcthulhu:

Mortmal

Arcane
The only button really needed is a self eject one, a discreet small one embedded in the post reply .

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I see what you mean but I think the brofist is fine because it's "vague", so to speak. If you agree with or like a post you brofist it, but it doesn't say that much so it incentives actual replies other than the mere brofist as an end. No other positive rating should exist other than it, and no negative ones should exist, you disagree with someone you grow a pair and write a fucking reply. This is what made the Codex fun and great in the first place, the discussions, fights, debates, even the circlejerks, but the WRITTEN version of all those things, not the act of entering a thread and seeing "oh this guy has 3 billion shit ratings so this must be a shit post even though nobody actually said an nything about it".
I agree that 'brofist only' can not replace an actual reply as much as the current button parade does. However, even under 'brofist only' there is a clear tendency for a thread to spiral into a hunt for approval ratings. The result are homogenized and 'cleansed' opinions that maximize return on ratings, turning the minimum moderation the codex is oh so famous for into a gimmick.

zool

Arcane
First thing I thought when I read the thread's title :

2800gg3.jpg

That button bar would be so very Codexian though.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
At least with buttons you can see right away if something is really funny and worth investing time in, for example.

If you want the brofists back, tell us how much you like the button parade and make it look sincere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom