Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware We need some way to separate cocktease threads from the rest in gaming forums

I can never tell from a thread title if a game has been released or not, and keeping track of each one's status is an obvious huge 'sperging waste of time.
Because of that I either keep missing interesting new games already out in the wild or keep stumbling into threads promising endless tactical TB RPG C&C orgasms for all eternity... but years from now. Always years from now. Or Thursday.

So I thought a sub-forum for unreleased games under each "genre" (Classic, AAA+, Weaboo, MMO, GG, Strategy, Adventure) would come handy to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Shouldn't be too much hassle for someone to notify a moderator on a game's release to move its thread to main forum - hell knows it doesn't happen that often.

Whaddyathink - yes/toomuchwork/retardo?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you feel a thread name is misleading, report the thread and ask a mod to rename it.

I'm asking for a way to save time. Continuing to waste it and adding more by reporting to moderators is hardly the solution.

mondblut

Arcane
"Vaporware" prefix tag for unreleased games. Simple and obvious solution.

Mucho butthurt from Fargo and MCA fanclub because their best ever unreleased game is tagged vaporware is an added bonus :smug:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Then how about a tag, like a red "Unreleased"? I somewhat doubt it's foolproof, but better than nothing.
To be honest, I think that would be a more viable solution. Not really convinced it's a big problem though.

Then how about a tag, like a red "Unreleased"? I somewhat doubt it's foolproof, but better than nothing.
To be honest, I think that would be a more viable solution. Not really convinced it's a big problem though.
Nah, not big, just something that bothers me regularly. So I thought: better to ask than not, eh? In case more people thought the same way or it was less trouble than it was worth.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I think the color is wrong on the new tag. A light blue-gray would be more appropriate.

mondblut

Arcane
The tag was proposed not for the purpose of singling out Grimoire. Mr. Jaesun, how about using your thread-merging and thread-moving obsession to an useful end and adding it to all the Kickscammer threads?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom