Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We need the ability to ignore users. NOW.

Data4

Arcane
That fucking twat waffle Volourn's asstastic, mouthbreathing spew is in damned near every single NWN-related thread, appearing every other post. He's absofuckinglutely worthless. His pitifullness has run out. If he won't be banned due to the Codex's philosophy of letting asshats hang themselves (which I agree with), is there any way an ignore feature could be added?

-D4

whitemithrandir

Erudite
Vipera said:
I wouldn't mind an ignore feature. There are several posters I would just rather not have to deal with.

Good luck talking to an empty forum, fucker!

Voss

Erudite
Vipera said:
I wouldn't mind an ignore feature. There are several posters I would just rather not have to deal with.

:lol:

I hope this isn't intentional irony. That would just be disappointing.

aboyd

Liturgist
I wrote an imperfect phpBB mod that can set a person's posts to "ignore," and another mod that can set a person's avatar & sig to "off." You can find it at the URL in my sig, if you want.

I thinik the best solution would be the Firefox extension, if anyone can get it to work. I tried, but the changes to the Codex template throw it off. I couldn't resolve it. Technically, it's a GreaseMonkey script, so you have to install the GreaseMonkey plugin first. Here is the "hide user" script:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/831

Here's another version:

http://www.otsegolectric.com/?page_id=27

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
boo fucking whoo do you notice that thing on the side of your screen? Its called the scroll bar use it you faggot. If volourn is in a discussion don't reply to him and also if you were to ignore him wouldn't that just be making a giant holes in the discussions? Hes practically a part of every debate.

If you really hate volourn then attack him with every chance you get and use his history against him. He once cried like a bitch because we found out he was a raging wrestling fan and left for awhile. If it bleeds then we can kill it.

EEVIAC

Erudite
This has been asked for before and denied. If you have a desperate need to be a cocksucker, add a "People who's posts I'm ignoring" line to your signature or something.

POOPERSCOOPER said:
If you really hate volourn then attack him with every chance you get and use his history against him. He once cried like a bitch because we found out he was a raging wrestling fan and left for awhile. If it bleeds then we can kill it.

Volourn's wrestling reviews.

Dmitron

Arbiter
In some threads, every other post would lose its context.

Attention seeking fuckheads don't disappear if you provide them with more attention..

EDIT: although after seeing those wrestling reviews, some extra attention, i.e. "wrestling is for FAGS" - might be warranted.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Volourn is a cornerstone, what is really annoying is all you TES barbarians coming over here taking all our jobs and shitting on doorsteps, newly "enlightened" or not i'm watching you heathens!

Dmitron

Arbiter
callehe said:
OccupatedVoid said:
callehe said:
just don't read their posts. gee how hard can it be?
O NOEZ U CANTS BE SEERIUS???!!!!

NO, IM NOT KIDDIN U! U CAN DO IT TOO!!! LOLOL!

1337_keyboard.jpg

aboyd

Liturgist
aboyd said:
I thinik the best solution would be the Firefox extension, if anyone can get it to work. I tried, but the changes to the Codex template throw it off. I couldn't resolve it. Technically, it's a GreaseMonkey script, so you have to install the GreaseMonkey plugin first. Here is the "hide user" script:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/831

Here's another version:

http://www.otsegolectric.com/?page_id=27

Turns out, that second one works. I thought it wasn't working because there was no visible change to the page. But you just need to hover over the username. Here is an example of it in action:

phpbb_ignore.gif

Very clean. There's the solution.

-Tony

Nutcracker

Scholar
Personally i think an ignore function would run contrary to the ideals of the Codex.

Blacklung

Arbiter
The geological, topographical, theological pancake
Why? This site has certainly become a refuge for those want to bash/realistically review/criticise Oblivion, NWN, and many other heathen RPG's without having to read a bunch of shit from 24850015145 fanboys. It's like we have one big IGNORE button for the ESF forums.

Nutcracker

Scholar
Yes, but part of the heritage has also allowed dumbfucks to thrive and be heard...and consequently be utterly destroyed.

Having no ignore function is much more egalitarian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom