Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Weaves of Fate

SlayingSoul

Literate
Hi everyone! I recently released my indie game, Weaves of Fate, onto Steam and was advised to open a thread here to give you guys a shout about my game.

image4.png

"Weaves of Fate is an epic blend of role playing and tactical strategy. In the far future, a demonic invasion throughout all of time has been triggered as a result of humanity’s actions.

With the timeline shattered and paradoxes cropping up, the game follows multiple characters in different time periods as they deal with the resulting challenges and conflicts.

As fate’s weaves fall apart and the timeline fractures, the incarnations of reality decide to intervene. To preserve fate and destiny, Death himself must become mortal and enter the human realm to fix things."

For those of you interested in checking out the game and possibly grabbing it, here's the link to it on Steam. There's a 15% launch discount until August 10th.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/467270/Weaves_of_Fate/

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Another good looking game out of the blue, reminds me to Bastard bonds.

Cheap and old feeling, I'll buy it and give it a try, looks fun and I really like the pixel art

Last edited:

SlayingSoul

Literate
Thank you for your kind words and for getting the game, if you run into any issues just post a new thread in the discussions section and I can take a look! I hope you enjoy the game, and don't forget to leave a review! :)

Razzoriel

Genos Studios
Developer
Hello, fellow developer. Welcome to hell. Hope you enjoy your stay and grab your sunscreen, because its only going to get hotter and hotter in your career
:timetoburn:

Nice project by the way. Hope it works well!

Jinn

Arcane
Haha, thank you. I put on factor 50 before posting this, so I'll be okay for now.

Your game looks great! I'll definitely be getting it. Looks beautiful and very fun. Welcome to the codex!

Great price tag. May I ask hour many hours an average playthrough would entail?

Also, I wonder if this thread belongs here or General RPG Discussion more?

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
r General RPG Discussion more?

GRPG sub I agree, much more people would see it.

__

Slaying, which engine did you use to create the game? And how many time to design and build it from scratch?

SlayingSoul

Literate
I will make a post to the General RPG Discussion, thanks for the suggestion guys!

The game has a single-player campaign, spanning three chapters with around 5 levels per chapter. An average playthrough of the campaign would take between 1-2 hours, there is a random battles section for some replayability though, and replaying earlier levels for a better rating is encouraged. Replaying earlier levels will also net you more points to upgrade the characters.

For game engine, I...didn't actually use one. The game is coded entirely from scratch with C++ and SDL2. It took a while, and looking back was probably a crazy approach, but it's done now! It took roughly 2 years, alongside my full-time job.

SlayingSoul

Literate
...Oops. Sorry, I didn't realize. I created one in the General RPG Discussion, I'll message a moderator and ask about deleting that one and moving this one.

EDIT: Aaaand it was already taken care of. Thanks! ;)

Falksi

Arcane
Just bought it, downloading/installing as I type. Looking forward to playing it between Underrail sessions. Will drop any relevant feedback on here.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I bumped into this in Steam's discovery queue, and while it looked nice, it seemed very simplistic and there were very little actual details in the description or videos/screenshots, so I just kind of shrugged it off.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I saw it in my queue a few days ago and immediately added to my wishlist. Turn-based and old school grphics done right. Don't like the GUI, though.

SlayingSoul

Literate
Fallski, I'm sorry you're having trouble! Is there any error when you try to launch the game?

What OS are you running, video card, etc.? What are your specs?

I want to take a look and add a fix for you but I need more information to narrow it down.

SlayingSoul

Literate
I saw it in my queue a few days ago and immediately added to my wishlist. Turn-based and old school grphics done right. Don't like the GUI, though.
Thanks for wishlisting it! Sorry the GUI isn't your cup of tea - take a look below at how awful it was before re-designing.
7803FD573AE91BCD94D800869BBA3507D8335753

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks for wishlisting it! Sorry the GUI isn't your cup of tea - take a look below at how awful it was before re-designing.
7803FD573AE91BCD94D800869BBA3507D8335753
Yeah, I've seen the old one. I actually made my comment based on that. The new one is an improvement for sure.

laclongquan

Arcane
If you use the monicker Weaves of Fates

1. It practically demand you slot a trio sister into it as the Fates. Archetype, man, archetype~

2. ...NVM

You complete the game so no possibility of adding details. Oh well.

PrettyDeadman

Seems cool.
Bought the game.
Will play it after I finish Grimoire.

Where did you get all those sprites btw? They look really nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom