Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Website Sex Appeal

Boost RPGCodex Sex Appeal(Redesign website)?

• Please give the website more bloom(Redo the website).

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • No, I like the RPGCodex layout as it currently is.

Votes: 82 75.2%
  • (Kingcomrade) Other options go here(Write something below).

Votes: 10 9.2%

• Total voters

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah that is pretty cool.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Chaos Chronicles forums look clean, but I don't like all the serif fonts. Reading forums is much more comfortable with sans serif.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Move avatars and user information to the right.

No. With the name and/or avatar on the left, I can identify the poster with a glance as I begin to read the first sentence.
That's the entire point of moving it to the right - so as to /not/ identify the user before reading the post. Knowing who made the post influences how you read it and introduces a bias that shouldn't exist. Each post on its own merit.

But if I'm following a conversation, it's nice to know who's talking before they begin. I don't really care if someone is butthurt about another person so they skip his posts, or if someone feels compelled to disagree with an interesting opinion only because it was written by a newfag.
The layout should strive to be comfortable, not to teach me tolerance:rpgcodex:

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
That's the entire point of moving it to the right - so as to /not/ identify the user before reading the post. Knowing who made the post influences how you read it and introduces a bias that shouldn't exist. Each post on its own merit.
This will seriously reduce the capabilities of my natural ignore function. It works differently depending on the thread and subforum, thus making it superior to the software-based one.

I vote :killit:

Delterius

Arcane
Change everyone's username and avatar to 'Andhaira' a whole month, that should suffice to eliminate every kind of bias. Or at least level the playerfield.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Move avatars and user information to the right.

No. With the name and/or avatar on the left, I can identify the poster with a glance as I begin to read the first sentence.
Why not get rid of avatars and usernames from posts altogether, then? After all, people can still see the avatars on the right, and that compromises judging each post on its merit.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
write a software that randomizes the reply and the user, so replies won't belong to the user, but the user will be randomly determined by this software at the moment of posting

Delterius

Arcane
You missed user number week.
Must have been a time of joy. Though exactly what I'm not sure, people's posts were made under their registration number?

write a software that randomizes the reply and the user, so replies won't belong to the user, but the user will be randomly determined by this software at the moment of posting
Brofists should also be added to random users as well.
Why not get rid of avatars and usernames from posts altogether, then? After all, people can still see the avatars on the right, and that compromises judging each post on its merit.
The idea is clearly to defend a minor aesthetic change in order to potentially diminish bias. Not cure the human race.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It was epic chaos and hilarity (for a while). It was rather interesting, but ultimately it failed to produce anything of quality.

Severian Silk

Reverse the user numbers so that user #1234 becomes instead user #4321. DarkUnderlord will remain user #5, however.

Wizfall

Cipher
Don't change anything.
Don't do like NMA.
After 1 year i still hate their new look and go much less often there.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Boost RPGCodex Sex Appeal(Redesign website)?
YES I WANT NAKED MAIDEN DECORATIONS
Like these?
4124.jpg
4124.jpg
4124.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Color wise, the background is now pure black. I liked the color of the background in the previous picture you showed us.

Regvard

Arcane
Do you really need those ads on your mock-ups? Just paint them black and write ad space on it or something, they are making me twitch.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The only thing I'd consider changing is the buttons.

We won't be changing them to OH GOD ARE WE A WEB COMIC NOW buttons.

And they'll have to fit the existing colour scheme.

But by all means, don't let that stop you abusing comic sans.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Comic Sans is great, fuck all y'all niggers

Embrace the shittiness!

In fact, we should add Comic Sans to the font list! :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom