Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Website Sex Appeal

Boost RPGCodex Sex Appeal(Redesign website)?

• Please give the website more bloom(Redo the website).

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • No, I like the RPGCodex layout as it currently is.

Votes: 82 75.2%
  • (Kingcomrade) Other options go here(Write something below).

Votes: 10 9.2%

• Total voters

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I really don't understand why we need a change of layout. Our current one is readable and tidy. Frankly I don't even see the difference in those proposed new layouts to what we have now.

That said, if those new layouts are optional I suppose there's no harm in them.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
He's not suggesting a complete site re-design, just a different option people can choose. Is that some problem or something?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
No, see my edit that I added on second thought. There's no problem with additional choices, especially when they don't cost the board anything. If anything, having options is always incline and a hallmark of a good video gam-, of a good website.

Edit: Fixed. Thank you, Jaesun.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
That was a typo, Jaesun.
No need to roll your eyeballs at a regular for making one- they happen to all of us.

Severian Silk

New style:

tdmVLgm.png

I am considering changing the layout to a fixed width.

Severian Silk

He's not suggesting a complete site re-design, just a different option people can choose. Is that some problem or something?
Err, no actually. I meant it as a replacement. I didn't realize the Codex had "alternate" skins. Sounds like a lot of work for the maintainer.

Not sure what compelled you to black-out the borders?

Buttons certainly look nicer.

It looked alright to me, at least at first. Scrolling further down it doesn't look so good though. I can't think what else to do as I'm not very good at Photoshop.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That one I like. I still don't like the placement of the troll though. It looks better at the top left.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
might as well change the background too.

btw you're using an old screenshot. we have an additional banner (for CC) and a new shop banner.

EG

Nullified
Perhaps adding the troll to th ebackground of some element, such as the main banner, might be a betersolution than trying to shoe-horn the lil' fella into the center?

I'll have to try to do one of these in Photoshop, just to prove I'm all suggestion and no skill. :smug:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Troll must be in top left. This is non-negotiable.

Don't like the compressed look of the page and the narrow bars down the sides.

And mostly, I'm only looking to replace the line of buttons we have up the top with new ones.

Severian Silk

Looking at them again, I don't like any of my designs a lot. I do wish someone would come up with something better though.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom