Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Western games?

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Gun was indeed a good fucking game. Way too short though, you can achieve 100% completion within a single weekend. Final boss is a bit of a bitch too but all other boss fights are pretty fun. I also liked the poker minigame. Voice acting was great.

DefJam101 said:
I never bothered to snag CoJ because the demo didn't impress me much. I guess I'll remove it from an inventory now if Codex recommends it. :?

Bible reading and senseless violence are two of my favorite things.

Get it, then. It is quite good all around, and the preacher's levels are just great. The "pacing" is also nice - In the stupid kid's levels you have to sneak around and shit, thus learning to hate the mobs. Then in the next level you get there with the preacher to kill, burn, and destroy everything while reading the bible. It is imposible not to smile.

There are lot of classic western moments spread along the way. The final battle of the first preacher level is made of pure win. And later you get to kill dozens upon dozens of mexicans with a gatling. After knowing more than a couple of those guys i wish i could do the same.

So thumbs up.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
CoJ's was okay, but Bound in Blood is honestly the best game in the series, with Gunslinger a close second. Only real complaint about both is that they're fairly short, but you can get them for a song these days, so it's fine.

Damn shame RDR won't ever get a PC release though. Ever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom