Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What are the rules on privacy violations?

Suchy

Arcane
I'm with Wyrmie on this one. When I read that dialogue example in the original thread, I lol'd, cringed, and facepalmed at the same time. Good stuff. What followed afterwards was just low, childish and completely unfunny. Where's your monocle, Codex?

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Honestly, I find the whole stalking thing abhorant. I mean, actually getting someone's full name, then going to their facebook profile and then copying and pasting their pictures here...isn't that a bit extreme? What's next, posting a link to her LinkedIn page? Her Twitter feed?
How ironic.. you posing as someone else using their real name etc. What's next, indeed...

SoupNazi

Since when is Googling considered Stalking? You people are making it out as if finding all that stuff was in any way harder than putting her name (which is on the dev videos they released) in Google. :roll:

It will be stalking when Roguey goes to her house and stares into her windows creepily, or leaves her notes about her gay romances. Or when Wyrmlord acquires her telephone number and calls her to warn her of the vile RPGCodex, or when Luzur does the same except he plays voice clips of women being raped on the phone. Right now, nobody discovered anything that she doesn't want to be publicly available. If I released my name anywhere that would attract Codex attention, you could find all that and more. Hell, anyone with a Facebook account with not enough privacy settings can be found in 5 seconds if you know their name.

Seriously, since when did RPGCodex turn into PussiesCodex.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Since when is Googling considered Stalking? You people are making it out as if finding all that stuff was in any way harder than putting her name (which is on the dev videos they released) in Google. :roll:

It will be stalking when Roguey goes to her house and stares into her windows creepily, or leaves her notes about her gay romances. Or when Wyrmlord acquires her telephone number and calls her to warn her of the vile RPGCodex, or when Luzur does the same except he plays voice clips of women being raped on the phone. Right now, nobody discovered anything that she doesn't want to be publicly available. If I released my name anywhere that would attract Codex attention, you could find all that and more. Hell, anyone with a Facebook account with not enough privacy settings can be found in 5 seconds if you know their name.

Blaming the victim ITT.
:thumbsup:

Repressed Homosexual
It's not illegal, but it's a bit sad to have this forum be made complicit of such behavior.

I know this place's m.o. is basically anything goes, and I also know that there is immensely worse out there, but creepy stalker stuff like this is what makes this place closer to a chan board, and less close to an RPG forum where insightful discussions can be had because no one's speech is curbed, and yet where things don't devolve into quasi-total savagery.

Cassidy

Arcane
There is no stalking in uncovering the shit books a shit writer for shit games did before the career in the gaming industry, although I don't see the point of showing the kids photo in that thread unless someone is some kind of sick fuck. But who cares? Hamburger Helper is more likely to touch 4chan first than RPGCodex in the first place.

Also OP is bullshit. Privacy violation would be to hack into someone's computer and steal photos stored there. When you leave images open for the browsing of anybody, you are waiving any rights of privacy over them.

MCA
I am already quite tough as it is, but there is something quite nauseating about malicious strangers making crude remarks about a bunch of children, just because they were kids of a developer they didn't like.

Just imagine that if they keep it up years down the road, then when those children will go to school, they will find other kids shouting, "Hey look! It's the spawn of Hamburger Helper! Let's throw hamburgers at them, so their mom will stop writing gay mangas." All because Codexers nastily splashed personal pictures of her kids all over the internet. Do you really want to be a part of that potential abuse that could be inflicted on those children?

Quoting against future edits in case we get back our precious editses.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
She is an author. She put her own picture and name out there to promote her work on Bioware products.

People looked up her past works and looked at her public facebook.

This isn't stalking.

By the way, she is getting made fun of on a number of forums, not just this one. That is because she voluntarily released interviews, forum posts and pictures which make her look bad, both literally and figuratively.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Now that's just fucked up and should lead to a banning. The guy is making some product so has to be public with his identity but actually doing shit that costs him money is dick.

Funny thread, though.
Who said he payed for the pizza ? And he is not really making a product, but ripping one off.

Seriously, I don't think Luzur would do something like that. He might go through her trash, looking for games though.

Majestic47

Learned
It's not illegal, but it's a bit sad to have this forum be made complicit of such behavior.

I know this place's m.o. is basically anything goes, and I also know that there is immensely worse out there, but creepy stalker stuff like this is what makes this place closer to a chan board, and less close to an RPG forum where insightful discussions can be had because no one's speech is curbed, and yet where things don't devolve into quasi-total savagery.

Sir, the less you post or read GD, u are less likely to encounter such unbecoming behavior. I know, I know, we are ignoring the problem, but we're not the internet police. Just don't...partake. Or react. That'll only make them do it more.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, why did you violate Stalin Brawndo's privacy Wyrmlord?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Isn't Wyrmlord the one who really does keep Stalker.txt details about all our posters? Thats the creepiest thing on these forums honestly.

Luzur

Good Sir
Who said he payed for the pizza ? And he is not really making a product, but ripping one off.

Seriously, I don't think Luzur would do something like that. He might go through her trash, looking for games though.

does she even play games? if so i might date her to get a good look on them.

Yeah, it's kinda creepy that someone would go after pictures of a developer's kids, but since it's information available to the public (on facebook at that, where the point is to make people view stuff you post and comment on it) I don't think moderators would be justified in doing anything to punish the naugthy poster, other than deleting the post if they feel like it. Moderators aren't nannies.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Haba and DarkUnderlord, I had the expressed and explicit permission of Stalin Brando by PM.

Isn't Wyrmlord the one who really does keep Stalker.txt details about all our posters? Thats the creepiest thing on these forums honestly.
I don't keep any text file. It's just an over the top rumour. All I did was remember things that many were inclined to forget, such as Trash's girlfriend's experience with dangerously mentally ill people. But then again, you folks don't hold it against Schattenjagger, Ed123, and Admiral Jimbob for remembering things about posters that even I forget. Pshaw!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Haba and DarkUnderlord, I had the expressed and explicit permission of Stalin Brando by PM.
So that makes it ok does it? If Stalin Brando gave you explicit permission to murder and eat him - and you did - would that be fine too?

Majestic47

Learned
Law doesn't work that way for underage sex. Consensual even.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom