Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What do you consider to be your favourite game?

mbv123

Arbiter
Fallout New Vegas
Medieval 2 Total War

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Russian Roulette's the only game I know where perma-death is both real and the only victory condition. Exciting stuff.

Unwanted

Biff Tannen

Unwanted
Deus Ex 4evar. Fallout series is pretty great though, too. I heard Arcanum is good but I hate gnomes.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Games that make you think, like Dear Esther, Bioshock: Infinite, Undertale, Beyond: Two Souls and Five Nights at Freddy's.

I heard Her Story is also really good, of course if you want an RPG you should just play Fallout 4 that's the best!
Your pick lines do need some work guys. You need to let the girls know that you have money,big dick and you are violent guy. So go for something along the lines of:
Asscreed Kangs collectors edition is the best game!
Hide and seek with unsuspecting girls in dark alleys is a fun hobby!
Playing arm-wrestling with glass on the table is something you do during your free time at work!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
t1-boxart.jpg

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Sword Coast Legends. It's a masterpiece that brings the true D&D experience to the modern era of gaming.

Really? A lot of what I'm reading points to it being a shitty game.

I watched some gameplay, and the CAN DO, ANYTIME, etc emotes sound like they would drive me to madness.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sword Coast Legends. It's a masterpiece that brings the true D&D experience to the modern era of gaming.

Really? A lot of what I'm reading points to it being a shitty game.

I watched some gameplay, and the CAN DO, ANYTIME, etc emotes sound like they would drive me to madness.

You really have to play it to get a grasp of its majesty. Highly recommended!

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Online multiplayer. Infected mode. It doesn't matter which side I'm on, hiding was always fun, throwing knives was always fun too. I think that's the most fun I've had in a videogame for the past five years or so, and even my favorite RPGs don't come close. Come to think about it, even my second favorite game (back then, at least) is above my favorite RPGs: PES 2013, with a patch for extra smart AI.

It's not a matter of "how well made the game is", by the way. These were all flawed in many ways, but they were the most FUN, and I dare say no RPG will ever give me as much fun as those games have. I've scored goals and made some kills that have been more exciting than the excitement I got (in total) playing certain RPGs. My favorite was when I spotted a faint shadow in the corner of my eye, quickly turned around and threw a knife straight into some dude's head, before I even knew there was someone there. If I was him and didn't know better, I would have sworn the other guy was using cheats.

EDIT:

I think Dark Souls would complete the podium, that was a really fun game and also gave me that "woah" excitement. GTA V as well.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3... I think Dark Souls would complete the podium, that was a really fun game and also gave me that "woah" excitement. GTA V as well.
Don't have a heart attack.:lol:

If its hours spent playing, then Heroes 2 or Medieval 2 TW. I don't really return to Heroes like I used to, so I guess Medieval 2.

Robespierre

Madame Guillotine
Patron
It's Kitten Time at the GreatCrystalShrine
Make the Codex Great Again!
Hmmmm. Won't quote RPGs in my list : Dark Forces 2, Thief : The Dark Project, Star Wars : TIE Fighter, Gabriel Knight : Sins of the Fathers, Blood, Deus Ex and Capitalism (cuz fuck yeah, once in a while, it feels gud pretending to be a bourgeois asshole)...

Honk Hall

Barely Literate
Resident Evil: Directors Cut
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 4

Ask me on 3 different days, depending on how I feel at the time I would likely give one of these answers

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom