Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
NC is Space America
TR is Space Communists
VS is Gay Niggers from Outer Space
The option is clear. NC focuses on big HP, big damage and shotguns, which is telling with the most powerful LMG in the game, the most powerful SMG in the game, most powerful carbine in the game and most powerful and high damage per shot tank in the game, and their heavy gun is a 3 round burst shotgun with 15 rounds. My first faction, my last faction.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
That's bullshit though. You literally start off with the best weapons on most factions, I don't know about the spandex homos in Vanu Sovereignty but the TR and NC really solid all arounder carbines, LMGs and assault rifles that can perform well in most situations, the NC arguably get the best LMG in the game if you know how to use it. The only place where you can literally buy an upgrade is on MAX units which are an absolute cert dump where you need to invest plenty to specialize into different tasks like anti vehicle, anti infantry and anti air and the secondary slot where the NS-44 Commissioner is easily the best secondary weapon in the game. A lot of new players get shit on by old players and blame their guns for doing poorly, fact of the matter is that you are just bad at the game and got outskilled.

Predictable fanboy copypasta discarded. I'm sure people bought certs out of the goodness of their hearts or grinded them out for fun.

I've been playing real competitive arena and team shooters for longer than you've probably been alive, including the original PlanetSide. My oldest still-active online gaming pal got Steam for Counter-Strike specifically, for example. Personally, I only have 11 years of service, since I'm not a big fan of CS.

796ab4ee33.png

The idea that I can't aim a gun in a computer game is laughable, especially coming from some random SOE PlanetSide 2 newfag. It's been so long since I tried it that I can't remember all of the particulars, but it doesn't matter, because the game's on its way out anyway. I don't have to do anything except watch smugly as it withers on the vine.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
If you really want to prove how good you are come and duel me in 1.6 faggot, I've been playing that since 2006 on a pirated copy.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
You know you wouldn't be able to handle my deagle shots you fucking pansy bitch. IRL has nothing on 1.6 gayboy.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I have a scope mounted on the scope that's mounted on my Henry lever-action .223 so I can sight in while I sight in. I hope you have a US Navy magnetic rail cannon available to launch that .50 AE brick from, because that's the only way you're going to out-range me, faglord.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
My oldest still-active online gaming pal got Steam for Counter-Strike specifically, for example. Personally, I only have 11 years of service, since I'm not a big fan of CS.

796ab4ee33.png

That guy seems pretty cool, even if he is clearly a disgusting furry. Give him a hi-5 from me.

Also you two need to have a legit deathmatch and end up with another:0-13:situation or whatever

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Finished Alan Wake's American Nightmare,just a mediocre third person shooter like the main game which tries and fails to be a some horror game too,bought it for 1 euro a few months ago and I don't think it's worth more.Oh and since the story has a time loop element you can expect to visit the same areas a couple of times

Now I am off to play Dishonored 2

flyingjohn

Arcane
Sanctum 2, a tower defense/fps game with less interesting game play then flash games.

You know how those flash td games have tower with different upgrade paths?
Well sanctum ha none of that,just a simple upgrade system with the third upgrade adding something special.
You know how those flash td games have enemies that can disable your towers and other stuff?
Weill sanctum only has a boss that can destroy most of your towers with laser doom ray.
It is boring and kinda cheap.
You know how those flash td games have spells?
Well sanctum 2 gives you semi interesting perks and that is it.
You know how those flash td gave you different areas for different towers so you at least had to think a little about placement.
Well here you can put whatever tower you want on the pillar box which can be built easily in most areas.

Sanctum 2 fps elements are even worse.
Your ammo sucks so you constantly have to switch between your second gun.
Regenerating health may seem like a good idea in a td,but it is boring and making it health pack driven would be more better.
After all you spend most of your time close to enemies anyway.
Also enemies love to push you around to your death,and i fell to my death through the terrain plenty of times.

Overall quite an underwhelming game,personally prefer either orcs must die or dungeon defenders.

Cael

Arcane
Sanctum 2, a tower defense/fps game with less interesting game play then flash games.

You know how those flash td games have tower with different upgrade paths?
Well sanctum ha none of that,just a simple upgrade system with the third upgrade adding something special.
You know how those flash td games have enemies that can disable your towers and other stuff?
Weill sanctum only has a boss that can destroy most of your towers with laser doom ray.
It is boring and kinda cheap.
You know how those flash td games have spells?
Well sanctum 2 gives you semi interesting perks and that is it.
You know how those flash td gave you different areas for different towers so you at least had to think a little about placement.
Well here you can put whatever tower you want on the pillar box which can be built easily in most areas.

Sanctum 2 fps elements are even worse.
Your ammo sucks so you constantly have to switch between your second gun.
Regenerating health may seem like a good idea in a td,but it is boring and making it health pack driven would be more better.
After all you spend most of your time close to enemies anyway.
Also enemies love to push you around to your death,and i fell to my death through the terrain plenty of times.

Overall quite an underwhelming game,personally prefer either orcs must die or dungeon defenders.
Try this one: Kingdom Rush

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You know you wouldn't be able to handle my deagle shots you fucking pansy bitch. IRL has nothing on 1.6 gayboy.
Weren't you supposed to write "Plane tickets bitch"!
Maybe adding "I'll fuck your shite up sideways til your mum won't even recognize ya"

Sent from my SM-A320F using Tapatalk

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Tomb Raider - Legends
What I expected? Simplified Tomb Raider with more simplified control and cheesy story and characters.
What I got - some things mentioned above. And bugs. A dozen of them. Some funny, some almost gamebreaking.

Even though I got PC version (retail v1.2+Widescreen fix) I regret playing it and not console version. For some reason plugging in X360 pad was not enough.
I dare to say it have worse control on pad than kb+m, something that I would tell in case of FPP games with pads but not third person game.

Game went downhill since Kazakhstan level started. Walk to the satellite map barrack, Lara opens the door, went in but then slide back, doors closed and she fall under the map.
And don't get me started at non-stop glitching ponytail (night dress in Japan level too so :M)...
When aforementioned level started somewhere in the middle of the progress here my sensitivity for the pad got lowered significantly for no reason. Turret sections, on the contrary, are unplayable on pad because sensitivity is set here to the maximum. If I play with mouse then sensitivity can be set in 1-20 degree and changing this in setting does work. Meanwhile - there are no setting to change sensitivity for pad.

I guess some bugs might be cause by graphic setting. Most of the times playing on minimum setting is safest option (that include disabling "widescreen" unfortunately) or game start breaking. It was bizarre.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I'm replaying Little Big Adventure after 4 or 5 years without touching it. Already finished this game probably more than 10 times over the years and this was my biggest gap so far without touching it.

I just love it. It makes me so happy it's like I'm a child again. There is no rose tinted glasses, some games definitely had a special magic to them and are able to reach our hearts. They knew how to give a soul to a game back then.

:love:

Man, I LOVED that game when I was a kid/teenager. It was so different from other games in no many ways, both aesthetically and mechanically, and it seemed as though there were hundreds of ways to interact with just about everything and everyone in the environment.

I should go back and replay it and/or the sequel sometime soon.

bloodlover

Arcane
I've been playing Saints Row 2 on and off these days but I gave up in the end. The game is fun and all but the fact that you are forced to do side missions in order to progress through the main story is bs. Controls are not AS BAD as people claim.

Vorark

Erudite
I've been playing Saints Row 2 on and off these days but I gave up in the end. The game is fun and all but the fact that you are forced to do side missions in order to progress through the main story is bs. Controls are not AS BAD as people claim.

There's a mod which allows you to bypass the need to make these missions, I think it's Gentlemen of The Row; works as a sort of bugfix too. Btw, GOG or Steam version?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been enjoying Quantum Break for the last couple of days. 100% single-player. It's a story driven third-person shooter. Might not sound like a very fun deal to some, but the gameplay is enjoyable, since it involves all kind of time manipulation things - stopping time, slowing down time etc etc. It makes for some frantic combat. Where it really shines though is the story. At first I felt - ah, this is the typical AAA story thing and I know how this will play out, but to my surprise I got really invested into it and the characters. It's a bit of a e-mail reading simulator at times, just like Deus Ex, but you miss so much interesting story and tech-bits if you ignore it and most it is well written and interesting. Not to spoil anything but the story has some cool twists and turns, and if you like Sci-Fi and time-travel stories I highly recommend the game. Also, it comes with a TV-series kind of thing. Between chapters you get to see how things are going for the "bad guys", but this is done in live action with real actors - and it's no low budget thing here! Some famous people are in it and it has good acting all across the board. I'm honestly very surprised by the whole package. Really enjoyable AAA game for once! No DLCs, no microtransactions.

You might feel a bit disconnected from the main guy though, since well, you got to murder a whole lot of dudes - reaching genocide levels at the end, but I guess that goes for all action games. Something you have to ignore to be able to enjoy the game. Also! There is choices to be made, and stuff plays out differently depending on your choice. I like that.

It's is currently very cheap at Humble bundle if you sign up for their subscription thing. 12 dollars for 3 games.

(Now, I have not finished it, so I'm not sure if the ending will mess up the whole experience, but I hope not)

bloodlover

Arcane

There's a mod which allows you to bypass the need to make these missions, I think it's Gentlemen of The Row; works as a sort of bugfix too. Btw, GOG or Steam version?

I was playing the Steam version but I have both. I don't think there are any differences.

Ezekiel

Arcane
is the combat better than Max Payne 3?
When the game actually let's you shoot? No.

1. Recoil is too high.
2. Crouch is automatic. He crouches whenever he's near cover, even if the cover is a high wall.
3. No hip-shooting. You have to zoom in with the right mouse button.
4. Infinite pistol ammo, since there's no melee. The heavy pistol only has four bullets.
5. Upgrades.
6. Inferior physics.
7. I remember it having health regen, which is clearly inferior to Max Payne's pill bottles.

I quit Quantum Break after act 2. It BORED me.

Last edited:

Valtiel

Scholar
Finished NWN2 OC, Hooray! Last battle was getting a bit funny, phase after phase, but honestly I prefer that to scraped non-ending of pretty much all games of today. Ending sliders were poor though. Up next: Nier Automata (think i'll watch Nier Replicant movie on youtube first, I don't want to and cannot plug the ps3 on and buy the game), and Tyranny or MoTB.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom